Thread: my take from the saints game

Default my take from the saints game

we all know its only pre season but here are my thoughts . dontari poe looked good very explosive. smith looked sharp it was nice seeing a qb that stood tall in the pocket and didnt panic the first time somebody breathed on him. very nice crisp execution of the short passing game. Charles is going to be a beast in this offense. the special teams looked great. the starting defense put some pressure on brees and held there starters to 0 points.

fasano also looked good . but I have to think they will get the wr's more involved. overall it was a good outing for the starters not so much for the backups

Agreed. What we saw last night gave Chiefs fans reason for hope. Nothing for anyone to get fatheaded about, but signs that it's not going to be a repeat of last year.

Overall, I think there is good reason for cautious optimism.

While the Saints do not boast a terribly intimidating defense, our starters did look very good for the one drive they were in. 1 drive. 1 touchdown. Only MMH would complain about that. Of course, 1 preseason drive does not a great season make, but what we saw from Smith was certainly encouraging.

I really think Smith passing to Charles is going to be a winning combination. Charles excels once he get some room to run and I think the short passing game is going to give him that room. It's also going to save some wear and tear on JC hopefully giving him a longer career. I suspect that by mid-season JC will be seeing a lot of double coverage which should help loosen things up for Bowe.

The O-line looks better than it has in a long time.

Our starting D did fine against the Saint's high-powered offense.

The play of our backups on both sides of the ball wasn't bad overall. Though Agnew was certainly not impressive. Lets just hope our starters can say healthy.

Special teams looked excellent.

Overall, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Overall, I think there is good reason for cautious optimism.

While the Saints do not boast a terribly intimidating defense, our starters did look very good for the one drive they were in. 1 drive. 1 touchdown. Only MMH would complain about that. Of course, 1 preseason drive does not a great season make, but what we saw from Smith was certainly encouraging.

I really think Smith passing to Charles is going to be a winning combination. Charles excels once he get some room to run and I think the short passing game is going to give him that room. It's also going to save some wear and tear on JC hopefully giving him a longer career. I suspect that by mid-season JC will be seeing a lot of double coverage which should help loosen things up for Bowe.

The O-line looks better than it has in a long time.

Our starting D did fine against the Saint's high-powered offense.

The play of our backups on both sides of the ball wasn't bad overall. Though Agnew was certainly not impressive. Lets just hope our starters can say healthy.

Special teams looked excellent.

Overall, I'm cautiously optimistic.
    yup only 1 drive that was a good one mmh need not reply to this thread I don't want this to turn into one of his cheese and wine threads

You guys are quite right. Cautiously optimistic is also my perspective. It's a long season & I'm willing to bet the schedule won't be a cream-puff one like in 2010. Also, the Chiefs need to start beating opponents within their division more frequently ... MUCH MORE FREQUENTLY...as the last 6 years has been a disaster in that regard.

Definite steps in the right direction. Which to me has been what has happened since the end of last seasons debacle. I'm not proclaiming playoffs or anything like that. If we get 6 wins we've got as many as we have the last 2 years. That's a positive step IMO. Ready to see our starters play a little longer now. An so ready do the season!! Go Chiefs!!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

they need to get the WR more in the game...it looked like they arnt playing them enough.

Gonna be hard for Bowe to lead the league in Tds and yards if he doesn't get thrown the ball