Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Alex vs trent

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,530
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 0

    Default Alex vs trent


    1 Not allowed!
    everyone has been comparing alex smith to matt cassel as "good vs bad" or "bad vs ugly" depending on your point of view [and rooting preference] so i just thought how does alex stack up against Trent Green whom most KC fans would agree did a pretty good job. so i compared alex' last 4 years w/sf and trents 5 years w/KC not including the last injury year. found some intersting stuff


    alex 62% compl
    trent 62% compl

    alex 12yds/compl
    trent 13yds/compl

    alex 62 tds 5% of pass att
    trent 111 tds 5% of pass att

    alex 32 int 3% of pass att
    trent 76 int 3% of pass att


    the biggest diff was on # of attempts which then made the yds, tds, ints alot higher for trent and that was a product of the DV system

    just thought it was an interesting comparrison
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,998
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Hold up!!!! Are people hating on Alex because he is similar to Trent Green???? Trent Green lead one of the most explosive offenses in the league and when you are saying he had a better supporting cast. That is true, but his receivers were scraps pulled off the Street. Other than Tony G his receivers were not better than what we have now. Yes he had a great offensive line and blockers but Reid is trying to build that same model. I can't tell you how much fun I had out there yelling YOu You You every time we scored a TD.

    If Alex is being compared to Trent Green. I am freaking stoked. Lets do it. People hating on this style of offense have forgot what an offense is supposed to do. Move the ball and score. Who cares if it is a 2 yard pass for a 8 YAC.

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,322
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 606
    Given: 788

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Hold up!!!! Are people hating on Alex because he is similar to Trent Green???? Trent Green lead one of the most explosive offenses in the league and when you are saying he had a better supporting cast. That is true, but his receivers were scraps pulled off the Street. Other than Tony G his receivers were not better than what we have now. Yes he had a great offensive line and blockers but Reid is trying to build that same model. I can't tell you how much fun I had out there yelling YOu You You every time we scored a TD.

    If Alex is being compared to Trent Green. I am freaking stoked. Lets do it. People hating on this style of offense have forgot what an offense is supposed to do. Move the ball and score. Who cares if it is a 2 yard pass for a 8 YAC.
    No, I'm not hating on Alex Smith because of the comparison to Trent Green. I'm saying that the comparison is not a good one & like chiefster said it's like apples to oranges. We both like Alex and we don't care what happened in SF with him, because it's what he does with the Chiefs now that counts.

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,854
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Because they have similar numbers?

    Using just numbers or wins is not a fair way to judge. As I stated last season you can use just numbers or results to make a guy look as good or as bad as you want. For example If I wanted to I could use results to say Matt Cassel>Drew Brees Why Cassel went unbeaten against the NFC west that year Brees lost twice. Numbers and results don't tell the whole story you have to include all the details in which Cassel had the advantage in his first season of having one of the greatest coaches ever Smith had a coach who was dropping his pants at halftime in the locker room and sending his number 1 TE off the field. Cassel also had Randy Moss Wes welker and all the Pats weapons Smith had Brandon Lyod and Arnaz Battel all these things also play into it. So while there numbers might be similar there situations were no where near similar to not include that factor is just not fair to make the comparison
    ​BAN ROY


  5. #14
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,854
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Because of the crybabies that wanted a QB taken with the top draft pick in the 2013 draft.
    THIS THIS AND MORE THIS

    MY Man wanted GENO Smith anyone else wouldn't please him. So he bashes the QB before he played 1 down with this team. He then bashes him after he plays 1 drive and goes for a touchdown. My man is the main one going on with the Cassel 2.0 thing because he didn't get what he wanted which going on the fact that Geno can't beat out the buttfumble guy leads me to think the Chiefs made the right choice
    ​BAN ROY


  6. #15
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,620
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 121

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Using just numbers or wins is not a fair way to judge. As I stated last season you can use just numbers or results to make a guy look as good or as bad as you want. For example If I wanted to I could use results to say Matt Cassel>Drew Brees Why Cassel went unbeaten against the NFC west that year Brees lost twice. Numbers and results don't tell the whole story you have to include all the details in which Cassel had the advantage in his first season of having one of the greatest coaches ever Smith had a coach who was dropping his pants at halftime in the locker room and sending his number 1 TE off the field. Cassel also had Randy Moss Wes welker and all the Pats weapons Smith had Brandon Lyod and Arnaz Battel all these things also play into it. So while there numbers might be similar there situations were no where near similar to not include that factor is just not fair to make the comparison
    I'm lost with the brees cassel thing

    Sending off vernon davis wasn't good in the long run? If he didn't set him straight, he'd just be another player who was a bust or traded away.

    And if numbers can not compare players, then what do you compare with? Does this mean we should never compare Manning and Brady?

    I also understand as fans of teams you'll be happy with anything at QB (well mostly anything). Fitzpatrick could of been signed and you'd make the same arguement "well he had it different in buffalo" and you'd have people like My Man saying it's terrible and we are bringing a Cassel 2.0 in. Its fine to think Smith might not be the answer to a super bowl win and its nice you think he can lead them to a super bowl, but until it's proven, all we can do is argue and discuss it

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,620
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 121

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    THIS THIS AND MORE THIS

    MY Man wanted GENO Smith anyone else wouldn't please him. So he bashes the QB before he played 1 down with this team. He then bashes him after he plays 1 drive and goes for a touchdown. My man is the main one going on with the Cassel 2.0 thing because he didn't get what he wanted which going on the fact that Geno can't beat out the buttfumble guy leads me to think the Chiefs made the right choice
    Again, cassel led a TD drive in his first preseason game last year. It's more nothing than it is something (alex TD drive) and it was against the LOWEST RANKED D LAST YEAR, we better of got a TD drive against them.

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,854
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    I'm lost with the brees cassel thing

    Sending off vernon davis wasn't good in the long run? If he didn't set him straight, he'd just be another player who was a bust or traded away.

    And if numbers can not compare players, then what do you compare with? Does this mean we should never compare Manning and Brady?

    I also understand as fans of teams you'll be happy with anything at QB (well mostly anything). Fitzpatrick could of been signed and you'd make the same arguement "well he had it different in buffalo" and you'd have people like My Man saying it's terrible and we are bringing a Cassel 2.0 in. Its fine to think Smith might not be the answer to a super bowl win and its nice you think he can lead them to a super bowl, but until it's proven, all we can do is argue and discuss it
    The point with Brees and Cassel is this. If we want to base our judgement on just numbers and results in 2010 I can make that arguement to get a fair comparison you have to include all the details pro cassel and pro smith. You have to.
    If you and I were both starting QBs in the NFL going into our first year I had Bill Belichick Randy Moss,Wes Welker and a bunch of weapons you had Mike Nolan Arnaz Battle and Brandon Lyoid do you really think it would be fair to say see I'm just as good as you if we put up similar numbers of course not. The people saying Smith is Cassel 2.0 never bring up Cassel walked into a MUCH better situation then Smith did. He had benefits that Smith didn't have. Why leave that out? To be fair you have to included ALL Factors something the Cassel 2.0 people have yet to do.

    I've never said Smith can lead this team to a superbowl. I have no idea what Smith is going to do. But to judge a guy before he has played one down with THIS head coach with THIS talent around him is just not fair. Give the guy a chance what's wrong with that

    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Again, cassel led a TD drive in his first preseason game last year. It's more nothing than it is something (alex TD drive) and it was against the LOWEST RANKED D LAST YEAR, we better of got a TD drive against them.
    I have said over and over that was the most meaningless drive this team will have all year. But what did i see but people (mymanHali) saying that drive shows hes Cassel 2.0 dink and dunk BLAH BLAH BLAH all I said is there's nothing to complain about after 1 drive and 1 td that all we can do right now is say good start keep it up. That's far from saying see he's the guy. I wasn't the one judging the drive.
    ​BAN ROY


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Here's who Alex Smith is
    By Ryfo18 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-11-2013, 01:24 PM
  2. Alex Smith...
    By Chiefster in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 02-27-2013, 02:39 PM
  3. Alex Brown
    By stricken721 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 04:25 PM
  4. Please Trent, sit down...
    By texaschief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-01-2008, 08:19 PM
  5. Sad news for Trent.
    By Chiefster in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-30-2005, 01:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •