Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: To the Smith doubters

Default To the Smith doubters

I just want to here from you what will qualify as a good year from Smith for you. This mainly goes out to my good buddy MY MAN HALI. Put out there on the table what you will say will be a good year form Smith before the season starts. Lay out what you want to see so we know and can come back at the end of the season and see how he did.

Do try to be fair. Keep in mind that this was a 2 win team a year ago so super bowl or bust might just be a tad unrealistic.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Man, My Man, that's a pretty tall order. We gave up a 1st round pick(got a third and Whitmore back) for Joe Montana and the best year here for him was a little under 3300 yds 16 tds and 9 ints.

There is really no direction but up for us. I'm as skeptical as the next guy about Alex, but I liked what I seen on that first series with NO. I know, it was NO Defense but, just the way Smith looked gave me a bastion of hope. I did not see a scared man (with "deer in the headlight" eyes) in the pocket, yes he checked down, but looked good doing it. He can scramble some. It seemed to me on a couple of those check downs that that was the plan. Looking down field and hitting the back in the flat. I'm okay with him not chucking the ball 60 yds. down the field very other down. This offense will take their shots, maybe after the D has been lulled into dink and dunk, but they'll take their shots. As long as they're winning, I do not care who gets the yards.

3000 yds. would be good
    20 tds
    making the playoffs would be definitely worth that 2nd- 2nd rounder.

3000 yards? They aren't playing Marty ball.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    3000 yards? They aren't playing Marty ball.
    you're right
    3300 yds- that's the San Fran total last year and was enough to get them in the show.
    also a lot of those yds will be yac. I'm good with that. I just want to not be 2-14 again!!!!
    Last edited by AkChief49; 08-13-2013 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    you're right
    3300 yds- that's the San Fran total last year and was enough to get them in the show.
    also a lot of those yds will be yac. I'm good with that. I just want to not be 2-14 again!!!!

Very smart man. Do you see this Chiefs Crowd? Here is a promising poster. There is hope!

don't put so much stock in numbers [yds], Russell Wilson had more games that he threw for under 200yds than over and did not have a single 300yd game yet was a pretty darn effective qb and won them a lot of games. my main criteria is victories, I don't care if he throws for 300yds or 3yds as long as it translates into a win.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

there is too much importance placed on 300yds passing games, terry bradshaw only had 4 in his career, bob griese had 5, even Lenny Dawson only had 9 and they're all in the HOF.......dan fouts had 51 so don't say it was different back then, they were all from the same era just different coaches.

Playoff win, and sadly that will the requirement for every QB that comes through here. KC gets to the playoffs, cool, now do something and not "one and done" it.

It's the same as being a braves fan from the 90s to the early 2000's, they get to the playoffs buts its not a big achievement when you do it year after year but have nothing to show for it.

Also, look at the AFC, the Wild Card spots are up for grabs by a bunch of teams (Cincy, Balt, Pitt(AFC North is anyones div imo), Ind, KC, SD, Miami, (maybe)Buff) I feel a 8-8 team will get wild card and i wouldn't be surprised if a 7-9 team gets the wild card spot

Also, if KC does get in the playoffs, get more yards than Cassel did in his playoff game.
    Last edited by doobs_05; 08-13-2013 at 01:09 PM.

I'm not a doubter but anything over 10 wins is good. Over 12 great. Anything less then play offs sucks!!!!!

16 games started.
    Equal to or greater than the 90.7 rating he had in Harbaughs first year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    I'm not a doubter but anything over 10 wins is good. Over 12 great. Anything less then play offs sucks!!!!!
    I would disagree....... anything over 8 wins would be good, anything over 10 wins great

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    16 games started.
    Equal to or greater than the 90.7 rating he had in Harbaughs first year.

You think 2 second round picks is worth a qb for a 90 rating? What about yards and touchdowns? Isn't that what a qb is supposed to do?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast