Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: To the Smith doubters

Default To the Smith doubters

I just want to here from you what will qualify as a good year from Smith for you. This mainly goes out to my good buddy MY MAN HALI. Put out there on the table what you will say will be a good year form Smith before the season starts. Lay out what you want to see so we know and can come back at the end of the season and see how he did.

Do try to be fair. Keep in mind that this was a 2 win team a year ago so super bowl or bust might just be a tad unrealistic.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    I omitted the Rams game because Smith was injured.

No he won't. Smith will rely on his RB and TE for yards.
    2 Things 1st I don't think you can say Crabtree is on the level of a Bowe just yet. And you're basing your opinion on a very short sample size. If I only used 2010 numbers then I could say Cassel is a good qb but using a short sample size to say his numbers went up under Kapernick just isn't fair to say Smith doesn't throw to his number 1s.

and 2 the thing you IGNORE OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again is it really doesn't matter what he did with the niners. He was not playing in Andy Reids offense he was not playing with this group of around him. We don't know what this offense will be yet. We've seen 1 drive. The most meaningless drive a team will run all year. That drive was a td so while as I said it was the most meaningless drive they will run this year and you can't say he's the guy to take the Chiefs to the superbowl we can say nice start keep it up. What's so hard about that?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    2 Things 1st I don't think you can say Crabtree is on the level of a Bowe just yet. And you're basing your opinion on a very short sample size. If I only used 2010 numbers then I could say Cassel is a good qb but using a short sample size to say his numbers went up under Kapernick just isn't fair to say Smith doesn't throw to his number 1s.

and 2 the thing you IGNORE OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again is it really doesn't matter what he did with the niners. He was not playing in Andy Reids offense he was not playing with this group of around him. We don't know what this offense will be yet. We've seen 1 drive. The most meaningless drive a team will run all year. That drive was a td so while as I said it was the most meaningless drive they will run this year and you can't say he's the guy to take the Chiefs to the superbowl we can say nice start keep it up. What's so hard about that?

Alright, so let's analyze Smith in his one game with Reid. How many times was Bowe targeted last week?

Alright, so let's analyze Smith in his one game with Reid. How many times was Bowe targeted last week?
    IT WAS THE FIRST DRIVE OF THE PRESEASON

Do you really think they were running the full playbook? Coaches in the preseason run very Bland plays They don't want to run there full offense they are determined to give there 1st opponent as little to prepare as they possibly can. It's how coaches work. Like I said it's the most meaningless drive all year.

Actually I have to say I do agree with you I don't think we will see Bowe Sniff a ball all year. and by that I mean he won't put a ball up to his nose and sniff it. So I guess technically you're correct about that :)
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

IT WAS THE FIRST DRIVE OF THE PRESEASON

Do you really think they were running the full playbook? Coaches in the preseason run very Bland plays They don't want to run there full offense they are determined to give there 1st opponent as little to prepare as they possibly can. It's how coaches work. Like I said it's the most meaningless drive all year.

Actually I have to say I do agree with you I don't think we will see Bowe Sniff a ball all year. and by that I mean he won't put a ball up to his nose and sniff it. So I guess technically you're correct about that :)

In a previous post you talked about Smith in Andy Reid's offense. I presented you with the only evidence that is available. I don't consider throwing to your number 1 WR "opening the playbook." I should back off for a second because whether or not Bowe gets touches doesn't mean much, it's how Alex Smith plays. I think tomorrow will tell us what the future may hold.

In a previous post you talked about Smith in Andy Reid's offense. I presented you with the only evidence that is available. I don't consider throwing to your number 1 WR "opening the playbook." I should back off for a second because whether or not Bowe gets touches doesn't mean much, it's how Alex Smith plays. I think tomorrow will tell us what the future may hold.
    Yes back off for a second.

Tomorrow will tell us slightly more then last week. Game 3 will give us a better idea of what we will see. It's the closest that we will see to a real game. Just calm down about Bowe not getting the ball. He will be a part of the offense. His numbers might drop some but He will still be a good part of the offense.

A meaningless drive isn't much to go on. Lets just say so far so good keep it up Smith. When/if he begins to struggle then we can start to worry until then just sit back and enjoy
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Yes back off for a second.

Tomorrow will tell us slightly more then last week. Game 3 will give us a better idea of what we will see. It's the closest that we will see to a real game. Just calm down about Bowe not getting the ball. He will be a part of the offense. His numbers might drop some but He will still be a good part of the offense.

A meaningless drive isn't much to go on. Lets just say so far so good keep it up Smith. When/if he begins to struggle then we can start to worry until then just sit back and enjoy

IDC about Bowe getting the ball, I just dont think he will. I know Bowe is pro bowl calibur.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Last year Smith passed for 174 ypg (7.97 ypa) and had a passer rating of 104.1

Kaepernack passed for 140 ypg (8.32 ypa) and had a passer rating of 98.3

Cassel passed for 200 ypg (6.48 ypa) and had a passer rating of 66.7

What is your point again?

You're counting games where Kaep went in and ran the read option a couple of times and had 0-1 attempts. Look at games started between the two and then factor in his rushing yards since he is a dual threat quarterback for a proper comparison.

As far as Cassel and Smith go, he did have a good rating but he also threw for a ****ty average. So what, the guy is still a game manager.

But nice try.

Cassel would throw nothing but ints wasn't smart with the ball Alex is end of arguement

We won't know until a few games into the season. I'm not pumping myself up for the season like last year

Also, i feel people are forgetting Alex is injure prone so we better have a good back up