Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: To the Smith doubters

Default To the Smith doubters

I just want to here from you what will qualify as a good year from Smith for you. This mainly goes out to my good buddy MY MAN HALI. Put out there on the table what you will say will be a good year form Smith before the season starts. Lay out what you want to see so we know and can come back at the end of the season and see how he did.

Do try to be fair. Keep in mind that this was a 2 win team a year ago so super bowl or bust might just be a tad unrealistic.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Now those are only 2 plays tho, so take as you like

See, that second gif is what I mean. It's a simple corner blitz that Smith should have picked up on, yet he completely runs the play as is with no pre snap adjustments/hot routes. It was like that the entire game.

This is horrible.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 08-17-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    See, that second gif is what I mean. It's a simple corner blitz that Smith should have picked up on, yet he completely runs the play as is with no pre snap adjustments/hot routes.

This is horrible. I can feel the excuses coming.

-preaseason

-those are just 2 plays

- you're nit picking

-the play was not designed for those other wrs

-he was pressured

-Can't look around when he has to scramble

-(more towards you my man) What has geno done (but i heard, from jets fans, he's looked way better than sanchez and ryan is in love with sanchez, probably because sanchez has sexier feet)

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    -preaseason

-those are just 2 plays

- you're nit picking

-the play was not designed for those other wrs

-he was pressured

-Can't look around when he has to scramble

-(more towards you my man) What has geno done (but i heard, from jets fans, he's looked way better than sanchez and ryan is in love with sanchez, probably because sanchez has sexier feet)

It's called pre snap adjustments. Hot routes etc.. I am watching the game replay and I just saw Alex Smith take a 10 yard sack with the same exact blitz. He looks like a robot out there.

It's called pre snap adjustments. Hot routes etc.. I am watching the game replay and I just saw Alex Smith take a 10 yard sack with the same exact blitz. He looks like a robot out there.

i was saying what the believers would of said, but one other thing, our Oline, i heard that they were facing blitz packages and stuff every day in practice yet they didn't seem to be able to stop it last night.....

Yeah, they look like crap. Glad to see the acquisitions of Alex Smith and Eric Fisher seem to be paying off.

I didn't really watch Fisher so i have no comment on that one

Yeah, they look like crap. Glad to see the acquisitions of Alex Smith and Eric Fisher seem to be paying off.
    I know right! Two guys that have been here a few months under a new coach and played two preseason games are struggling a bit. Good thing you decided its playoffs or bust so you can gloat at the end of the season.

There is no excuse for the offense to struggle as much as it did last night.

It's true that Alex is playing on a new ream with a new head coach, a new offensive coordinator and a new-to-him offense, but they had already played a whole 14 play drive against an awesome Saints defense. It's not like they were playing the defending Super Bowl champs. The 49ers only won the NFC last year. There is no reason that starting superstar running back Knile Davis in place of pedestrian Jamaal Charles would be a setback for the offense. It is all Smith's fault that wide open receivers were dropping some of his perfectly thrown passes. I know opening day is still 3 weeks away, but the Chiefs might as well just cancel all of their practices between now and opening day. Why bother? If they aren't clicking on all cylinders yet, they never will. The Chiefs won two whole games last year with one of the worst offenses in the NFL. They should look like Super Bowl contenders by now.

/sarcastic rant

MMA/O, your expectations are completely unrealistic at this point. I expect the Chiefs to struggle even into the first couple of games of the regular season. By the 2nd quarter of the season, they should start to look pretty good, but not yet.

The good news is that their defense and special teams should keep games close even if the offense does not play at a very high level early on.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast