Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To the Smith doubters

Default To the Smith doubters

I just want to here from you what will qualify as a good year from Smith for you. This mainly goes out to my good buddy MY MAN HALI. Put out there on the table what you will say will be a good year form Smith before the season starts. Lay out what you want to see so we know and can come back at the end of the season and see how he did.

Do try to be fair. Keep in mind that this was a 2 win team a year ago so super bowl or bust might just be a tad unrealistic.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I just want to here from you what will qualify as a good year from Smith for you. This mainly goes out to my good buddy MY MAN HALI. Put out there on the table what you will say will be a good year form Smith before the season starts. Lay out what you want to see so we know and can come back at the end of the season and see how he did.

Do try to be fair. Keep in mind that this was a 2 win team a year ago so super bowl or bust might just be a tad unrealistic.
    Oh god he is going to look for Superbowl and league MVP

60% completions, 2 to 1 TD to INT ratio, 8 wins, in the top 15 of least sacked would do quite nicely
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    60% completions, 2 to 1 TD to INT ratio, 8 wins, in the top 15 of least sacked would do quite nicely
    I think this is a very reasonable goal. I would love to see him find a way to stretch the field more than Cassel did as well so I will add 20 completions of 20 yards or more. I'd like to add staying healthy to the list as well(starting 16 games)

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post

To be fair, keep in mind we had 6 pro bowlers on the team as well.

For possibly 2 second round picks, I expect:

3700 yards (The median for the league)

25 touchdowns (Cassel has had two 20 + td years)

Playoff win

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    For possibly 2 second round picks, I expect:

3700 yards (The median for the league)

25 touchdowns (Cassel has had two 20 + td years)

Playoff win

25 Tds should be very realistic since this is a pass happy team I say closer to 30 Tds 2 per gagame ant believe I'm saying this but MyMan is realistic here

This team could end up 10-6, but they could also end up 7-9. Time will tell, but I am extremely excited about Alex Smith + Jamaal + Bowe!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mcclusterfan1982 View Post
    This team could end up 10-6, but they could also end up 7-9. Time will tell, but I am extremely excited about Alex Smith + Jamaal + Bowe!!!!

Bowe won't be sniffing the ball this year.

Man, My Man, that's a pretty tall order. We gave up a 1st round pick(got a third and Whitmore back) for Joe Montana and the best year here for him was a little under 3300 yds 16 tds and 9 ints.

There is really no direction but up for us. I'm as skeptical as the next guy about Alex, but I liked what I seen on that first series with NO. I know, it was NO Defense but, just the way Smith looked gave me a bastion of hope. I did not see a scared man (with "deer in the headlight" eyes) in the pocket, yes he checked down, but looked good doing it. He can scramble some. It seemed to me on a couple of those check downs that that was the plan. Looking down field and hitting the back in the flat. I'm okay with him not chucking the ball 60 yds. down the field very other down. This offense will take their shots, maybe after the D has been lulled into dink and dunk, but they'll take their shots. As long as they're winning, I do not care who gets the yards.

3000 yds. would be good
    20 tds
    making the playoffs would be definitely worth that 2nd- 2nd rounder.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast