Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: To the Smith doubters

Default To the Smith doubters

I just want to here from you what will qualify as a good year from Smith for you. This mainly goes out to my good buddy MY MAN HALI. Put out there on the table what you will say will be a good year form Smith before the season starts. Lay out what you want to see so we know and can come back at the end of the season and see how he did.

Do try to be fair. Keep in mind that this was a 2 win team a year ago so super bowl or bust might just be a tad unrealistic.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    You think 2 second round picks is worth a qb for a 90 rating? What about yards and touchdowns? Isn't that what a qb is supposed to do?

I didn't give up 2 second rounders for him, and there's nothing I can do about that. At a minimum I want to see Smith have the amount of success he had his first year with Reid as he did in SF. I'm not in the fantasy land of all the change here will lead to a playoff win this year, maybe it will and that would be amazing, but I cannot base one players success off that. Wins are more important than stats, 9 wins would be great, 8 wins good and 7 wins expected.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    I didn't give up 2 second rounders for him, and there's nothing I can do about that. At a minimum I want to see Smith have the amount of success he had his first year with Reid as he did in SF. I'm not in the fantasy land of all the change here will lead to a playoff win this year, maybe it will and that would be amazing, but I cannot base one players success off that. Wins are more important than stats, 9 wins would be great, 8 wins good and 7 wins expected.

This team won the division in 2010 and competed in 2011. Yes, Obviously they had an off year last year, but anything less than a playoff win would be a disappointment.

saw this on another site and thought i would post it in the saints v. chiefs preseason thread but its gone.....but here you go

jumpin the gun a little early are we? Why don’t we compare Smiths drive with Cassels drive against AZ last year in the pre season
    1-10-KC 28 (14:54) 7-M.Cassel pass short left to 22-D.McCluster to KC 35 for 7 yards (27-M.Adams).
    2-3-KC 35 (14:44) 7-M.Cassel pass incomplete short right to 25-J.Charles.
    3-3-KC 35 (14:39) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short left to 22-D.McCluster to KC 44 for 9 yards (27-M.Adams).
    1-10-KC 44 (14:03) 40-P.Hillis up the middle to KC 45 for 1 yard (55-S.Bradley; 24-A.Wilson).
    2-9-KC 45 (13:20) 25-J.Charles up the middle to 50 for 5 yards (27-M.Adams).
    3-4- (12:33) (Shotgun) 32O-S.Draughn right guard to ARI 47 for 3 yards (56-R.Walker).
    4-1-ARI 47 (11:48) 7-M.Cassel up the middle to ARI 45 for 2 yards (93-C.Campbell)
    1-10-ARI 45 (11:08) 25-J.Charles left guard to ARI 40 for 5 yards (92-D.Williams).
    2-5-ARI 40 (10:25) 40-P.Hillis left guard to ARI 35 for 5 yards (93-C.Campbell).
    1-10-ARI 35 (9:47) 7-M.Cassel pass incomplete short left to 89-J.Baldwin (23-W.Gay). PENALTY on ARI-92-D.Williams, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at ARI 35 – No Play.
    1-10-ARI 20 (9:40) 40-P.Hillis right guard to ARI 13 for 7 yards (58-D.Washington).
    2-3-ARI 13 (9:01) 25-J.Charles left end to ARI 11 for 2 yards (23-W.Gay).
    3-1-ARI 11 (8:14) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short left to 40-P.Hillis for 11 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
    Cassel 5-6 for 67 yards TD
    Smith 7-8 68 yards

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    saw this on another site and thought i would post it in the saints v. chiefs preseason thread but its gone.....but here you go

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...012/12/lol.gif

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I just want to here from you what will qualify as a good year from Smith for you. This mainly goes out to my good buddy MY MAN HALI. Put out there on the table what you will say will be a good year form Smith before the season starts. Lay out what you want to see so we know and can come back at the end of the season and see how he did.

Do try to be fair. Keep in mind that this was a 2 win team a year ago so super bowl or bust might just be a tad unrealistic.
    My expectations for Alex Smith....3600 yards, 26 TD's. That's doable.

A lot of great analysis here. I don't have very high expectations of our offense this season, mostly because I think there will be some gelling pains. I think Smith will take care of the ball (what he is known for) and LEAD this team. I think leadership is the greatest quality he brings to us. I think that we can all agree that last year our team gave up... and for me it was the hardest part to watch... more than the bad play calling and turnovers.

If we can really gel this season and turn this ship around with a 7 or 8 win season I feel that would be a huge.

Herm Edwards said today on ESPN that he thinks the Chiefs will go either 9-7 or 10-6. I like his opinion much better than yours!

Alot of stuffed runs in that drive. The difference between this season and last is going to be ball position. How many times did our defense have to deal with short field match ups because our offense went 3 and out or INTERCEPTION? Way too many! Alex Smith is known for working the ball down the field slowly but also he doesn't turn it over. THAT'S WHAT THIS TEAM NEEDED. It allows our defense to do quality work and maybe get some defensive points on the board to help us out as well

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Bowe won't be sniffing the ball this year.
    I would ask what you base this assertion on but it simply isn't worth it, so never mind. I will say that I think you just might be correct though, Bowe may well not sniff the ball this year but outright devour it.

I'll be disappointed if we don't go at least 7-9. 8-8 would just annoy me. 9-7 or better and I'll be happy. As mentioned earlier, I expect to see some "gelling pains" in the first several games.

From Smith....VERY LOW interception to attempt ratio. LOTS of first downs so very few 3 and outs and punting from deep in our own end of the field. At least twice as many TDs as INTs.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast