at
    Arrowhead Stadium

Television coverage:

Kansas City area---Fox 4 WDAF
    Topeka, Ks---Fox 43 KTMJ

Watch online:
    Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers @ FirstRowSports.com
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post

Wow, just wow. He had about 3 more of those. Can't blame that on the line.
    This is what they call throwing the ball away do you not see the defender right there with Baldwin there was nothing there so he threw it away instead of forcing the ball in and getting pick off But do go on and bash him for that to
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Smith was afraid to throw the ball unless he had a clean pocket or the rb/te was wide open...he frequently double clutches in the pocket and holds the ball, as the gif I posted earlier in this thread indicates. Fisher is beat on the play but Smith still has time to get rid of it.

The OL was bad, but Smith did absolutely nothing to help, he didn't audible or make pre snap adjustments. He didn't call any hot routes to offset blitzes. He is a quarterback who isn't a playmaker and executes plays exactly as instructed.

Charles remains the centerpiece of attention and without him the offense falls apart. Bringing in Alex Smith did nothing to change that.
    THEY WERE NOT RUNNING THERE FULL OFFENSE. You're acting like this is a real game Running the plays exactly as instructed happens a ton in the preseason You are useing the preseason to act like you're right last week when smith looked good you said how it was the preseason and the drive means nothing seriously? Stop it
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Looking at that clip, it looks like the 49'er's defender got his left hand up to block Baldwin, slowed him down a tad. Maybe Baldwin should've blasted right through that but didn't. Maybe the ref should've called it but didn't. Also if you look, Smith didn't get his feet settled, maybe decided (as mc already pointed out) that he couldn't get accuracy that he wanted, so he threw it out of bounds, where only Baldwin had any remote chance of getting it.

As long as we're posting clips of the game, why not post all the times Smith's ball hit the recievers' hands or numbers and didn't get caught? Don't see anyone jumping all over the recievers. Guess that must be Smith's fault, too, right?

Preseason, it is preseason. God forbid how things will be after the next two, when it is players trying make the team that are playing the most.

Smith was afraid to throw the ball unless he had a clean pocket or the rb/te was wide open...he frequently double clutches in the pocket and holds the ball, as the gif I posted earlier in this thread indicates. Fisher is beat on the play but Smith still has time to get rid of it.

The OL was bad, but Smith did absolutely nothing to help, he didn't audible or make pre snap adjustments. He didn't call any hot routes to offset blitzes. He is a quarterback who isn't a playmaker and executes plays exactly as instructed.

Charles remains the centerpiece of attention and without him the offense falls apart. Bringing in Alex Smith did nothing to change that.
    Wow, you are really getting close to my limits. It is preseason, but you are just plain *** negative about Our Team. I do not understand people like you. Keep it up, and soon it will not be a problem. I could and maybe should send this in a pm to you, but I am not going to defend you for a opinion you have anymore, when all I see from you is negativeness. Get over it or get out! It is a new season, but you seem to be the type to just draw negative from anything.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    This is what they call throwing the ball away do you not see the defender right there with Baldwin there was nothing there so he threw it away instead of forcing the ball in and getting pick off But do go on and bash him for that to

He has Mccluster there. That was the throw where Trent Green talked about how he had Mccluster underneath for a first, instead he launches it out of bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Wow, you are really getting close to my limits. It is preseason, but you are just plain *** negative about Our Team. I do not understand people like you. Keep it up, and soon it will not be a problem. I could and maybe should send this in a pm to you, but I am not going to defend you for a opinion you have anymore, when all I see from you is negativeness. Get over it or get out! It is a new season, but you seem to be the type to just draw negative from anything.

Welcome to my world. The world of checkdown qb's and a RT at 1.1 who is constantly being beat in both practice and games.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Preseason, it is preseason. God forbid how things will be after the next two, when it is players trying make the team that are playing the most.

This is the same thing people said last year when we played Seattle.

This is the same thing people said last year when we played Seattle.
    If always living in the past, no future there is, for the past is past, but tomorrow comes, live for tomorrow, because someday it will not come.

He has Mccluster there. That was the throw where Trent Green talked about how he had Mccluster underneath for a first, instead he launches it out of bounds.
    HE had Mccluster there at First but watch the play a defender is quickly getting to Mccluster if Smith had tried to hit him and it was picked you would be saying Cassel 2.0 yet again

But Hey lets say for you that he just missed Mccluster ok fine. IT'S PRESEASON his first with a new team. Peyton Manning had some struggles with his new team in preseason last season this is the whole point you're holding Smith to an impossible standard he's suppose to come in look like a all pro and not have any growing pains? When one of the best Qbs in the game had some growing pains you would expect Smith to as well. Let Smith get use to this system this preseason and just be glad he can work this stuff out in games that don't count. If he struggles more in real games then we can complain but 2 preseason games is far from having time to adjust to new coaching new team and new guys around him CHILL OUT
    TopekaRoy is my hero!