at
    Arrowhead Stadium

Television coverage:

Kansas City area---Fox 4 WDAF
    Topeka, Ks---Fox 43 KTMJ

Watch online:
    Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers @ FirstRowSports.com
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Saw this on arrowhead pride

Alex Smith = Matt Cassel
    Eric Fisher is a bust.
    2 out of 2 trades under Dorsey were dumb.
    nuh uh – yes huh – nuh uh – yes huh -nuh uh – yes huh – nuh uh – yes huh -nuh uh – yes huh – nuh uh – yes huh -nuh uh – yes huh – nuh uh – yes huh -nuh uh – yes huh – nuh uh – yes huh -nuh uh – yes huh – nuh uh – yes huh -nuh uh – yes huh – nuh uh – yes huh
    WHO’S READY FOR (SOME REGULAR SEASON) FOOTBALL!!!?

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    So Defenses 20 years ago had the answer to stopping the elite passer but they don't now? That's what you're saying Marino threw the ball all over the yard much like todays offenses so shouldn't he have won a title more then Aikmn? Defenses have gotten Dumber? But I will just say you're right lets go on to the other point

The point that you IGNORE TIME AND TIME AGAIN the short passes that you complain about are ANDY REIDS SYSTEM. It's the offense he runs. The passes to the rbs and tes why do you keep ignoreing this? Other then you can't bash Smith to answer it. Do you really expect an NFL QB to say forget your system I'm not going to run it I'm just going to go out and air the ball out. REALLY? Because that's what you're wanting Alex Smith to do. You're bashing a guy for running the offense his head coach has put in now. Like I said Keep hating because that's all you're doing

Short passes are part of Reid's system, but where are the intermediate routes? They do throw the ball deep, we just don't have a quarterback capable of doing that. Almost every throw has been a checkdown. Take a look at these beautiful deep throws under Andy Reid:

Last edited by MyManHali; 08-22-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Short passes are part of Reid's system, but where are the intermediate routes? They do throw the ball deep, we just don't have a quarterback capable of doing that. Almost every throw has been a checkdown. Take a look at these beautiful deep throws under Andy Reid:

Again you're judging on 2 PRESEASON games. It's a known fact that teams do not have 100% or even close to 100% of there offense in games. Nor do they gameplan or any of the things they do in the real season. You're rushing to judgement because you can't get over the fact they made a move you don't like. The longer passes will come. They're just not going to be using a lot of them in the presesaon like a lot of teams. That and last week they had no time to get passes off most the time and the WRs were not getting open or dropping balls. Smith got drilled on a quick screen pass as soon as he got the ball last week. And that was right up the middle like a hot knife through warm butter. Yet you nipick at 2 guys over and over again. You hate on Fisher and Smith but no one else gets blame or very little and even when you do throw blame to someone else you have to throw in a dig at one of them. No one in the history of football has ever judged guys on 2 PRESEASON games like you want to and there's a reason it's no where close to being the real thing. But if you're going to start judgeing preseason then I want to see you say the Donkeys made a horrible choice last year to bring in Manning. In his first few preseason games he threw 3 picks no tds. So they made a horrible choice right. If you're going to judge one QB by preseason on a new team then you have to every Qb Right? Or will you just keep on with your history of double standards?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Again you're judging on 2 PRESEASON games. It's a known fact that teams do not have 100% or even close to 100% of there offense in games. Nor do they gameplan or any of the things they do in the real season. You're rushing to judgement because you can't get over the fact they made a move you don't like. The longer passes will come. They're just not going to be using a lot of them in the presesaon like a lot of teams. That and last week they had no time to get passes off most the time and the WRs were not getting open or dropping balls. Smith got drilled on a quick screen pass as soon as he got the ball last week. And that was right up the middle like a hot knife through warm butter. Yet you nipick at 2 guys over and over again. You hate on Fisher and Smith but no one else gets blame or very little and even when you do throw blame to someone else you have to throw in a dig at one of them. No one in the history of football has ever judged guys on 2 PRESEASON games like you want to and there's a reason it's no where close to being the real thing. But if you're going to start judgeing preseason then I want to see you say the Donkeys made a horrible choice last year to bring in Manning. In his first few preseason games he threw 3 picks no tds. So they made a horrible choice right. If you're going to judge one QB by preseason on a new team then you have to every Qb Right? Or will you just keep on with your history of double standards?

Don't mention Peyton Manning to me. We had this conversation last year, most wrote him off because of his neck and were so sure of themselves that he would be injured during the course of the year.

Everyone of Smith's completed passes have been checkdowns this pre season. I have never seen anything like that in my entire life. Ever. It's embarrasing, but I'm sure when we play the worst team in the NFL during week 1 and Alex plays well the homers will be out in full force. It will only be until the season goes on that they will see he is simply a game manager, a game manager we must rid our team of.

Once and for all.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 08-23-2013 at 02:15 AM.

This Thread is done. It has outlived its need. It is Preseason. So if you all want to continue your issues, start a thread.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920