Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 195

Thread: Official In Game Thread - Chiefs vs. 49ers = 12/16

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,358
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 217
    Given: 58

    Default Official In Game Thread - Chiefs vs. 49ers = 12/16


    1 Not allowed!
    Kansas City Chiefs


    vs.

    San Francisco 49ers
    Friday, August 16, 7:00pm CDT
    at
    Arrowhead Stadium



    Television coverage:

    Kansas City area---Fox 4 WDAF
    Topeka, Ks---Fox 43 KTMJ

    Watch online:
    Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers @ FirstRowSports.com
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

  2. #171
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    HE had Mccluster there at First but watch the play a defender is quickly getting to Mccluster if Smith had tried to hit him and it was picked you would be saying Cassel 2.0 yet again

    But Hey lets say for you that he just missed Mccluster ok fine. IT'S PRESEASON his first with a new team. Peyton Manning had some struggles with his new team in preseason last season this is the whole point you're holding Smith to an impossible standard he's suppose to come in look like a all pro and not have any growing pains? When one of the best Qbs in the game had some growing pains you would expect Smith to as well. Let Smith get use to this system this preseason and just be glad he can work this stuff out in games that don't count. If he struggles more in real games then we can complain but 2 preseason games is far from having time to adjust to new coaching new team and new guys around him CHILL OUT

    Mccluster has three steps on that corner. Smith will never look like an all pro. Ever. Careful qb's dont win anything in this league.

    Matt, you and I must join forces. You don't have to support and defend everything the Chiefs do, you can disagree. I know deep down in your soul you aren't thrilled with having Smith. He is another careful qb who you have little confidence in. I know in your gut that all of those short, checkdown passes bother you.

    I know it.

  3. #172
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    If always living in the past, no future there is, for the past is past, but tomorrow comes, live for tomorrow, because someday it will not come.


    There was a time when I believed that the Chiefs could win it in any given year. Now I realize that isn't possible. Just like I wanted Cassel out, I want Smith out. Mark my words, this team will not win anything with the careful qb in command.


    Careful QB, like a deer in the headlights:

    Last edited by MyManHali; 08-21-2013 at 02:06 AM.

  4. #173
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,660
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 387
    Given: 75

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Mccluster has three steps on that corner. Smith will never look like an all pro. Ever. Careful qb's dont win anything in this league.

    Matt, you and I must join forces. You don't have to support and defend everything the Chiefs do, you can disagree. I know deep down in your soul you aren't thrilled with having Smith. He is another careful qb who you have little confidence in. I know in your gut that all of those short, checkdown passes bother you.

    I know it.
    Nothing like a MymanHali post at 3am LOL

    But lets get started

    First off I don't defend everything the Chiefs do. Did you not here me last season talking about that coaching staff? It was god awful. I talked about it a lot. I bashed Cassel last year go find the game threads. But unlike many I didn't limit it to Cassel. When the defense stunk up the joint and they did there fair share I got on the defense. When WRs were tipping balls to defenders I was on the WRs when the O line was sucking I was on the o line. When Cassel stunk I said so. I started a thread last year titled time for me to do some hating on the QB. I don't blindly support everything the Chiefs do. BUT.

    I will give there moves a fair Chance before I start to bash them.Going back in time there are a lot of moves that I didn't like that turned out to be some of the best moves the Chiefs ever made. I didn't like the pick of Tony G. I wanted them to find a qb because I was tired of Elvis Grbac. But That move worked out I didn't want trent green. I didn't think he had what it took but he lead the number 1 offense in the NFL for a number of years. Then there are some moves I knew wouldn't pan out but I gave them a shot kept my mouth closed like Herm Edwards. But when it was time to bash him I did on a website that I was on before I found this one. I posted rant after rant about him and CP. But I gave them a shot.

    On Alex I don't know what the Chiefs are going to get. I don't pretend to. I have never said he's the guy. But unlike you I won't bash him until he has had a shot to lead this offense. I don't think 2 preseason games is enough to say panic time. Again like I said the donkeys had struggles with Manning last preseason should they have ended that? You're standards for Smith are WAY WAY To high. You expect him not to have some kinks to work out in a brand new offense for him with a brand new team around him? Of course he will it's not something that's just with Smith 99% of the time a QB goes to a new team with a new offense a new talent around him he's going to have an adjustment period. That's what preseason is for. I will give him that time. What's so wrong about that. If what we saw last game is how the season goes you bet I will join you in saying Smith isn't the guy. But I'm not going to rush to judgement. You had your mind made up from day 1 on Smith and Fisher. You didn't think there would be an adjustment for a rookie? If we had gotten you boy Geno you wouldn't want to give him some time? Yes QB is more tough to play and takes longer but that doesn't mean O LINE has 0 adjustments. You're being unfair to both. Take a chill pill relax and let them get the preseason under there belts.

    You can disagree with a move fine no problem but to be completely unfair to a guy is just pointless. You can't do anything about the fact he's the QB. If it bothers you so much then go root for someone else. To go on and on about it has gotten well past OLD. When/if he struggles and doesn't get the job done fine you won't be the only one bashing him until them put your feelings aside and lets see what he can do. Maybe maybe he might surprise you

  5. #174
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Nothing like a MymanHali post at 3am LOL

    But lets get started

    First off I don't defend everything the Chiefs do. Did you not here me last season talking about that coaching staff? It was god awful. I talked about it a lot. I bashed Cassel last year go find the game threads. But unlike many I didn't limit it to Cassel. When the defense stunk up the joint and they did there fair share I got on the defense. When WRs were tipping balls to defenders I was on the WRs when the O line was sucking I was on the o line. When Cassel stunk I said so. I started a thread last year titled time for me to do some hating on the QB. I don't blindly support everything the Chiefs do. BUT.

    I will give there moves a fair Chance before I start to bash them.Going back in time there are a lot of moves that I didn't like that turned out to be some of the best moves the Chiefs ever made. I didn't like the pick of Tony G. I wanted them to find a qb because I was tired of Elvis Grbac. But That move worked out I didn't want trent green. I didn't think he had what it took but he lead the number 1 offense in the NFL for a number of years. Then there are some moves I knew wouldn't pan out but I gave them a shot kept my mouth closed like Herm Edwards. But when it was time to bash him I did on a website that I was on before I found this one. I posted rant after rant about him and CP. But I gave them a shot.

    On Alex I don't know what the Chiefs are going to get. I don't pretend to. I have never said he's the guy. But unlike you I won't bash him until he has had a shot to lead this offense. I don't think 2 preseason games is enough to say panic time. Again like I said the donkeys had struggles with Manning last preseason should they have ended that? You're standards for Smith are WAY WAY To high. You expect him not to have some kinks to work out in a brand new offense for him with a brand new team around him? Of course he will it's not something that's just with Smith 99% of the time a QB goes to a new team with a new offense a new talent around him he's going to have an adjustment period. That's what preseason is for. I will give him that time. What's so wrong about that. If what we saw last game is how the season goes you bet I will join you in saying Smith isn't the guy. But I'm not going to rush to judgement. You had your mind made up from day 1 on Smith and Fisher. You didn't think there would be an adjustment for a rookie? If we had gotten you boy Geno you wouldn't want to give him some time? Yes QB is more tough to play and takes longer but that doesn't mean O LINE has 0 adjustments. You're being unfair to both. Take a chill pill relax and let them get the preseason under there belts.

    You can disagree with a move fine no problem but to be completely unfair to a guy is just pointless. You can't do anything about the fact he's the QB. If it bothers you so much then go root for someone else. To go on and on about it has gotten well past OLD. When/if he struggles and doesn't get the job done fine you won't be the only one bashing him until them put your feelings aside and lets see what he can do. Maybe maybe he might surprise you

    I expect Smith to do what Cassel did. Beat up on the scrub teams and lose or even sneak by the better ones. I can't root for another team, I am stuck with this one.

    About the qb position, I would much rather go 5-11 with a young qb that has shown potential than to be stuck at 8-8 with Alex Smith. Matt, you need to understand a conservative, careful qb game manager will never beat anyone without an elite team surrounding him.

  6. #175
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,358
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 217
    Given: 58

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Smith will never look like an all pro. Ever. Careful qb's dont win anything in this league.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    ... Now I realize that isn't possible. ... this team will not win anything with the careful qb in command.
    Where you "drinking and posting" last night or did you just forget to take your anti-depressant medication?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Matt, you need to understand a conservative, careful qb game manager will never beat anyone without an elite team surrounding him.
    I seem to recall a couple of years ago a conservative game manager QB came in here and in his first start with the team beat a very good team that had won all 13 games they had played so far that year. You were so impressed with him that you adopted his name as your own! Remember Kyle Orton?

    You can't score if you don't have the football. One of the biggest reasons the Chiefs went 2-14 last year was all the turnovers. So far, our starting offense hasn't turn the ball over once in the first two ps games. When the Chargers played the Bears last week they turned the ball over 4 times and trailed 20-0 near the end of the 2nd quarter.

    You're not going to score every time you get the ball. Sometimes, you'll have to punt. but by playing "careful" football and methodically marching the ball down the field, Smith will put this offense in a position to be successful.

    Before taking more risks and becoming more of a gunslinger, the players around Smith have to play better. You need time to throw to make the long passes. You need an effective running game so the the defense can't just drop 8 guys into coverage. And most importantly, you need your receivers to catch the balls that are thrown to them. This offense is still working on the basics. Give them time to gel. The big plays will come.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

  7. #176
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,660
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 387
    Given: 75

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    I expect Smith to do what Cassel did. Beat up on the scrub teams and lose or even sneak by the better ones. I can't root for another team, I am stuck with this one.

    About the qb position, I would much rather go 5-11 with a young qb that has shown potential than to be stuck at 8-8 with Alex Smith. Matt, you need to understand a conservative, careful qb game manager will never beat anyone without an elite team surrounding him.
    But wait a number 1 pick should come in and make an impact right away right? This again shows your double standard. You're ready to say we wasted a 1st round pick on Fisher after 2 presesaon but on the other hand you're going to say that it would be ok to go 5-11 because the QB has shown potential.The guy you like gets time but not the guy who you have some issue with.

    I have no problem with you having low expectations that's fine no problem but again all I ask is to be fair. 2 preseason games is not enough to judge a QB in a new offense with new talent around him. As I stated Peyton Manning struggled last presesaon with a new team. I don't think the Donkeys are to upset with what they got from him Do you? Give Smith the presesason in games that don't count to get adjusted is that to much to ask? I fully expected him to have struggles in the presesason it happens to a lot of QBs with new teams. What will define Smith is this upcoming season. Alex Smith is not Matt Cassel. He isn't to blame for Cassel's failing in KC. Alex Smith will put together his own body of work. He has to show something this year. You have concerns and they are justified. But if you are a fan of a team you do owe it to that team to be fair and not rush to judge a move you don't like based on 2 presesason games. You've made that judgement on 2 guys who you disagreed one happens to be a rookie. There's no problem with concerns it's the rush to judgement you have made that I have issue with.

  8. #177
    Member Since
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Face down in a big ol' tire
    Posts
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 31

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    I expect Smith to do what Cassel did. Beat up on the scrub teams and lose or even sneak by the better ones. I can't root for another team, I am stuck with this one.

    About the qb position, I would much rather go 5-11 with a young qb that has shown potential than to be stuck at 8-8 with Alex Smith. Matt, you need to understand a conservative, careful qb game manager will never beat anyone without an elite team surrounding him.
    I don't think"root for a team" means what you think it means.
    Since you arrived here, you have not been rooting for this team to win, just complain, criticize, forecast failure and pound your chest
    When it happened. Worst kind of fan possible.

  9. #178
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Where you "drinking and posting" last night or did you just forget to take your anti-depressant medication?



    I seem to recall a couple of years ago a conservative game manager QB came in here and in his first start with the team beat a very good team that had won all 13 games they had played so far that year. You were so impressed with him that you adopted his name as your own! Remember Kyle Orton?

    You can't score if you don't have the football. One of the biggest reasons the Chiefs went 2-14 last year was all the turnovers. So far, our starting offense hasn't turn the ball over once in the first two ps games. When the Chargers played the Bears last week they turned the ball over 4 times and trailed 20-0 near the end of the 2nd quarter.

    You're not going to score every time you get the ball. Sometimes, you'll have to punt. but by playing "careful" football and methodically marching the ball down the field, Smith will put this offense in a position to be successful.

    Before taking more risks and becoming more of a gunslinger, the players around Smith have to play better. You need time to throw to make the long passes. You need an effective running game so the the defense can't just drop 8 guys into coverage. And most importantly, you need your receivers to catch the balls that are thrown to them. This offense is still working on the basics. Give them time to gel. The big plays will come.


    He played carefull football against the niner's backups on Friday. Did we march down the field then?

    The problem is this:

    Smith doesn't make the big throws downfield. The big plays won't come unless they are from Charles.

  10. #179
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    But wait a number 1 pick should come in and make an impact right away right? This again shows your double standard. You're ready to say we wasted a 1st round pick on Fisher after 2 presesaon but on the other hand you're going to say that it would be ok to go 5-11 because the QB has shown potential.The guy you like gets time but not the guy who you have some issue with.

    I have no problem with you having low expectations that's fine no problem but again all I ask is to be fair. 2 preseason games is not enough to judge a QB in a new offense with new talent around him. As I stated Peyton Manning struggled last presesaon with a new team. I don't think the Donkeys are to upset with what they got from him Do you? Give Smith the presesason in games that don't count to get adjusted is that to much to ask? I fully expected him to have struggles in the presesason it happens to a lot of QBs with new teams. What will define Smith is this upcoming season. Alex Smith is not Matt Cassel. He isn't to blame for Cassel's failing in KC. Alex Smith will put together his own body of work. He has to show something this year. You have concerns and they are justified. But if you are a fan of a team you do owe it to that team to be fair and not rush to judge a move you don't like based on 2 presesason games. You've made that judgement on 2 guys who you disagreed one happens to be a rookie. There's no problem with concerns it's the rush to judgement you have made that I have issue with.

    The qb is a developmental position, a position where you invest your entire franchise and give him time to learn secondary coverages, blitz packages etc.. where as a right tackle taken 1.1 should produce right away, or atleast show SOME POTENTIAL.

    You can chalk it up however you like, we won't go anywhere with a game manager. We didn't win anything during the last regime with one, and we sure as hell won't with this one.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 08-21-2013 at 04:00 PM.

  11. #180
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,358
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 217
    Given: 58

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    He played carefull football against the niner's backups on Friday. Did we march down the field then?
    So if the Chiefs don't score every time they get the ball, then Smith sucks. Is that your standard? Seems fair to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    The problem is this:

    Smith doesn't make the big throws downfield.
    Yes he does. I've seen him do it. He just doesn't do it very often. Hopefully he won't have to.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    The big plays won't come unless they are from Charles.
    Oh, don't worry. We'll get plenty of those too ... if Jamaal can stay healthy.
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 08-21-2013 at 06:27 PM.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

Similar Threads

  1. Official Chiefs vs. Ravens Game Day Thread 10-07-12
    By TopekaRoy in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 347
    Last Post: 10-07-2012, 11:50 PM
  2. Official Chiefs vs. Chargers Game Day Thread 09-30-12
    By TopekaRoy in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 299
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 06:33 PM
  3. Official Chiefs vs. Falcons Game Day Thread 9-9-12
    By TopekaRoy in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 291
    Last Post: 09-09-2012, 08:46 PM
  4. Official Chiefs (6-9) at Broncos (7-8) Game Day Thread
    By TopekaRoy in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 207
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 10:59 AM
  5. No Chiefs vs 49ers game thread?
    By Fastphilly in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 01:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •