at
    Arrowhead Stadium

Television coverage:

Kansas City area---Fox 4 WDAF
    Topeka, Ks---Fox 43 KTMJ

Watch online:
    Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers @ FirstRowSports.com
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Yes, very similar actually.

-7-16 62 yards

-3 passing first downs (1 was a screen)

-He was extremely inaccurate down field.

-He failed to make pre snap reads. (Sacked and pressured way too many times from simple corner blitzes)

-He panicked under pressure.

-He threw flat passes whenever he could.

-Failed to complete any deep balls.

-4 punts
    No turnovers Unlike Cassel but why include that since it doesn't fit your opinion

He threw down field hit one of his starting WRS right in the hands the WR droped it Unlike Cassel whos throws were on the high side but again why included that since it doesn't fit your opinion

The guy got hit on a play designed for him to get the ball and throw a screen he was hit in the chest when he had the ball for less then 3 seconds so Smith sucks? What did he forget to tell the O line to block?

When the O line isn't protecting how do you suppose a guy is suppose to go downfield. The plays that you say he had time he was moving around to buy that time. The fact is the O line gave up 7 sacks that's a pace to give up more then 100 sacks a season not many QBs are going to do well under those conditions

and once again the short pass ARE REIDS SYSTEM don't like it go watch anther team what is Smith suppose to do say screw you coach I'm calling my own plays just to please you? But you will IGNORE this yet again
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    I wonder what it is like before the season starts to know that your quarterback can take you to the promise land.
    Then go root for your boy Geno who's butfumbles backup That's how good he is
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    He had no time to throw downfield. Three drops like that by three different players in the span of one quarter is inexcusable. Smith didn't look like Cassel -- the O-Line looked like the same O-Line that can't pass-block like we've been seeing from 2007 up to the present. Until the pass-protection issues are fixed and receivers start hanging on to the ball when it's put in their hands, then no QB is going to have any success in KC. Blaming Smith is just a copout.

BTW, how many passes did Daniel and Bray throw downfield? ZERO.
    Smith Clearly just forgot to tell the O line to block he should be benched

And in one half Smith managed to be sacked less the the backups so it wasn't just Smith
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    No turnovers Unlike Cassel but why include that since it doesn't fit your opinion

He threw down field hit one of his starting WRS right in the hands the WR droped it Unlike Cassel whos throws were on the high side but again why included that since it doesn't fit your opinion

The guy got hit on a play designed for him to get the ball and throw a screen he was hit in the chest when he had the ball for less then 3 seconds so Smith sucks? What did he forget to tell the O line to block?

When the O line isn't protecting how do you suppose a guy is suppose to go downfield. The plays that you say he had time he was moving around to buy that time. The fact is the O line gave up 7 sacks that's a pace to give up more then 100 sacks a season not many QBs are going to do well under those conditions

and once again the short pass ARE REIDS SYSTEM don't like it go watch anther team what is Smith suppose to do say screw you coach I'm calling my own plays just to please you? But you will IGNORE this yet again

Smith was afraid to throw the ball unless he had a clean pocket or the rb/te was wide open...he frequently double clutches in the pocket and holds the ball, as the gif I posted earlier in this thread indicates. Fisher is beat on the play but Smith still has time to get rid of it.

The OL was bad, but Smith did absolutely nothing to help, he didn't audible or make pre snap adjustments. He didn't call any hot routes to offset blitzes. He is a quarterback who isn't a playmaker and executes plays exactly as instructed.

Charles remains the centerpiece of attention and without him the offense falls apart. Bringing in Alex Smith did nothing to change that.

Wow, just wow. He had about 3 more of those. Can't blame that on the line.

RELAX!!!!!! it is only preseason. if you feel the need to panic about something, worry about why the O line could not open any running lanes nor protect the QB. could be they were playing the #2 team in the NFL last year or that reid has not dipped very far into his bag of tricks and was predictably vanilla, or it could just be an exhibition game.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    RELAX!!!!!! it is only preseason. if you feel the need to panic about something, worry about why the O line could not open any running lanes nor protect the QB. could be they were playing the #2 team in the NFL last year or that reid has not dipped very far into his bag of tricks and was predictably vanilla, or it could just be an exhibition game.
    Precisely, that is the main concern. If improvement doesn't happen in these areas, it won't matter who the damn QB is.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Precisely, that is the main concern. If improvement doesn't happen in these areas, it won't matter who the damn QB is.

Rewatching the game now. I am about 5 minutes into the second quarter and protection has been fine. Fisher has been beat a couple of times but they were quick throws. The only time pressure comes is when the niners blitz, and that is something Smith should be able to pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post

With the exception of the first series, they were playing the backup defense, not the #2 team in the league. That is what's so shocking.

Hey MMH, don't bother responding to any of my posts, because I've put you on the ignore list & I strongly encourage everybody else who reads this to do the same.

It's abundantly clear that you are going to continue humping the neighbors dog about a QB not being drafted at #1 overall last April, in spite of the fact there weren't any worth taking, in spite of the fact that's it's been pointed out to you repeatedly that the Chiefs are Zero for 17 when it comes to drafting QB's since 1970 ( how's the latest, Stanzi, doing? ), along with the fact that pass-protection issues are going to be a problem for any QB, as well as receivers not catching the ball.

It's also clear that you aren't willing to give Alex Smith or Eric Fisher a fair bit of diplomacy by letting them play an entire season to be given a fair evaluation. We aren't even but two games into the preseason, but it's clear that all season long you are going to be regurgitating the same dogsh!t over and over and over about not drafting Geno Smith & yet everybody knows that Geno would not have fared any better last night than Smith, Daniels, or Bray did.

There's no way anyone can miss the same points that have been made to you repeatedly, as you continue to pretend to.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 08-17-2013 at 02:37 PM.