Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lets talk about the preseason shall we

Default Lets talk about the preseason shall we

Preseason football is exactly for games like the Chiefs played last night. There's a reason no one wins preseason awards.

The preseason is for teams to get back in the flow of playing in games. It is also for teams to get the kinks out they are used for teams to get film on all there players so the coaches can go to work on what a given player needs to work on before the games start to count. It is for teams to get there rookies/new players use to playing with there new teams/teammates. It is for spots on the team to be won and lost and that's what the coaches work on most. They don't sit and watch hours of film of the upcoming team they're going to face. They are to busy watching film of there own guys so they can begin to figure out who they want on the final spots of there roster. They watch limited film of there next opponent and put together a very basic gameplan for that team. But nothing like they do in the real season.

A bad presesaon can't be completly ignored you have to work on the things you struggled on but it's results should be taken with a grain of salt. While there are some things that are of concern on this team right now they still have almost a month to work on those. The sky is not Falling just yet. RELAX
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    We will see..but so far I see nothing to be optimistic about.

There we go! Finally a sensible opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Not only that, but who knows Smith's, weaknesses, his tendencies and are even able to predict what he is going to do based on his body language, better than the defense that faced him in practice every day for several years? I know the Bears offense performs worst against their own defense because they know it so well that they can anticipate what is going to happen. That and Chicago has a really good defense. So does SF.

It's not surprising that Smith struggled a little bit, especially with all the blitzing. Who does that in preseason game 2? Harbaugh obviously took advantage of his familiarity with Smith to make him look bad.

We'll see how he does against the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    They did trail during the SF game.
    Technically, you are correct. They did trail for 1 play (14 whole seconds) between the time SF scored a FG and Demps returned the following kick off for a td. 5:10 later Smith led the offense to the SF 28 for a FG and a 10-3 lead. I can live with that. brdempsey69, I mentioned in another thread that the starting offense has yet to turn the ball over.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Technically, you are correct. They did trail for 1 play (14 whole seconds) between the time SF scored a FG and Demps returned the following kick off for a td. 5:10 later Smith led the offense to the SF 28 for a FG and a 10-3 lead. I can live with that. brdempsey69, I mentioned in another thread that the starting offense has yet to turn the ball over.
    I missed what you has said about not turning the ball over in another thread. Regarding what I had said not trailing, MMH didn't read the whole sentence as my exact words were:

"....the Chiefs have not trailed in a game as of yet while Alex Smith and Eric Fisher have been on the field "

Neither Smith or Fisher were on the on the field for the 49ers FG and the kickoff return TD that came on the following play, so to me, that doesn't count. So technically, I'm still correct. The point is the Chiefs were leading both games when these men were done for the day. We have yet to see either Smith or Fisher on the field with the Chiefs trailing in a ball game & Smith and Fisher and the rest of the Offense go out on the field.

The Chiefs have won both first halves of the preseason... that's all that matters to me. I don't care that NO scored 2 TD's on a 4th string CB. I don't care that the players who the Chiefs will cut this week coughed up the win late in the 4th against SF. Losing preseason games in the 4th quarter isn't something to be worried about.

If the Chiefs were getting their a$$es handed to them while the 1s were on the field, I'd actually give a sh!t. But that's not happening.

You have to desperately be looking for something to complain about when you're complaining that your 2-14 team is ONLY beating the defending NFC champ and a top 3 defense by a touchdown at the half.

Some of y'all are ridiculous and need to gain some perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    The Chiefs have won both first halves of the preseason... that's all that matters to me. I don't care that NO scored 2 TD's on a 4th string CB. I don't care that the players who the Chiefs will cut this week coughed up the win late in the 4th against SF. Losing preseason games in the 4th quarter isn't something to be worried about.

If the Chiefs were getting their a$$es handed to them while the 1s were on the field, I'd actually give a sh!t. But that's not happening.

You have to desperately be looking for something to complain about when you're complaining that your 2-14 team is ONLY beating the defending NFC champ and a top 3 defense by a touchdown at the half.

Quoted for truth! Rep!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    We will see..but so far I see nothing to be optimistic about.
    I agree, but I also see nothing to be pessimistic about yet either.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    We'll see how he does against the Steelers.
    The game day thread was closed so I will respond to that post and this post here

on the gameday thread So pretty much you can't answer the point on how Manning struggled last year in the preseason so you just don't want to talk about it. And no one wrote him off it was just noted that it was no sure thing he would be the old Peyton coming off 4 neck surgeries. Which was the truth. Now I ask you If Smith isn't any good then why do you hold him to a higher standard then Manning? Once again your double standards are clear.
    Furthermore it's good to see you're already making excuses for why the Chiefs would win the first game of the year

On the post in this thread. If you want to judge anyone by the preseason this is the game to do it. It's much closer to a real game then anything we have seen just now. If you listen to Andy Reids press confernce on kcchiefs.com he talks about how this game they do more gameplanning for the Steelers then any other team they have faced. This still isn't the real thing but if you want to rush to judge based on preseason then this is the game to do it on. I myself will wait till the real deal before I start to judge
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

I ask the mods to change the system I can only give this a thumbs up once which is not enough.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

chiefs won won 7-3 (or was it 7-0, or did that punt team come in after starters were sat..) with first strings against SF starters....for one series. Then struggled to do much with the second strings and 3rd strings out there (on offense) and KC D stopped second and 3rd stringers

7 points came from the punt return

The one BIG ISSUE that we don't know is fixed or not is half time adjustments
    Last edited by doobs_05; 08-23-2013 at 12:43 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast