Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lets talk about the preseason shall we

Default Lets talk about the preseason shall we

Preseason football is exactly for games like the Chiefs played last night. There's a reason no one wins preseason awards.

The preseason is for teams to get back in the flow of playing in games. It is also for teams to get the kinks out they are used for teams to get film on all there players so the coaches can go to work on what a given player needs to work on before the games start to count. It is for teams to get there rookies/new players use to playing with there new teams/teammates. It is for spots on the team to be won and lost and that's what the coaches work on most. They don't sit and watch hours of film of the upcoming team they're going to face. They are to busy watching film of there own guys so they can begin to figure out who they want on the final spots of there roster. They watch limited film of there next opponent and put together a very basic gameplan for that team. But nothing like they do in the real season.

A bad presesaon can't be completly ignored you have to work on the things you struggled on but it's results should be taken with a grain of salt. While there are some things that are of concern on this team right now they still have almost a month to work on those. The sky is not Falling just yet. RELAX
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    One more thing -- we know that the Chiefs didn't gameplan coming into last Friday's game. Can the same be said of the 49ers from the defensive side of the ball? Did they not pull out all the stops with all-out blitzes? Damn right they did -- Harbaugh wanted to save face and didn't want Alex Smith to make him look bad and Harbaugh knew the Chiefs weren't gameplanning for it.
    Not only that, but who knows Smith's, weaknesses, his tendencies and are even able to predict what he is going to do based on his body language, better than the defense that faced him in practice every day for several years? I know the Bears offense performs worst against their own defense because they know it so well that they can anticipate what is going to happen. That and Chicago has a really good defense. So does SF.

It's not surprising that Smith struggled a little bit, especially with all the blitzing. Who does that in preseason game 2? Harbaugh obviously took advantage of his familiarity with Smith to make him look bad.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Excellent points made by all! Sure I wish we had won the game. Sure I wish Smith had made a better showing. But there was nothing in that game to get too worried about. Preseason is for the coaches to learn what they need to work on and who stays on the roster. I wasn't happy with the SF game, but we're still a long way from yelling "ABANDON SHIP"!!!

Pre season is almost a direct reflection of our team!!! We haven't won a game in years

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    Pre season is almost a direct reflection of our team!!! We haven't won a game in years
    If by years you mean last year in the pre season then sure we won the opener against the cards last season
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I think we are all panicking for all the wrong reasons. I don't know if this teams can base can withstand another season like last season and that's what we are all afraid of... This is preseason we have a good team even all the any lists are predicting a wildcard for us. I think Andy Reid will make that happen one way or another no matter what happens he knows football and he knows how to get a team to the post season with not so much of the best players and we all agree we have solid players on both sides of the ball so relax let the season happen and enjoy rooting for your chiefs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    I think we are all panicking for all the wrong reasons. I don't know if this teams can base can withstand another season like last season and that's what we are all afraid of... This is preseason we have a good team even all the any lists are predicting a wildcard for us. I think Andy Reid will make that happen one way or another no matter what happens he knows football and he knows how to get a team to the post season with not so much of the best players and we all agree we have solid players on both sides of the ball so relax let the season happen and enjoy rooting for your chiefs!!!
    actually i am pleasantly surprised to see the lack of panic on the board, it is only preseason after all. on the CHIEFS first drive, a dropped pass, a missed blitzer, made the team look bad, and that was bad, but this should not be a problem during the season. on the firs defensive series an over pursuing hali and houston? allowed for a big gain instead of a loss. that will get corrected. colt mccoy scrambled for some big plays...again correctable. i was not as disappointed after i watched the replay of the game as i was reading the post game posts.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    ...Good grief.

Time will tell the story it will, on the season to come. So far, I am rather more homer than before.

We will see..but so far I see nothing to be optimistic about.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Chiefs rookie right tackle Eric Fisher described Friday night's game, his first experience at Arrowhead Stadium.

"Tonight was a big learning night for us," Fisher said.
    "We missed on some plays; I missed on plays. Unfortunately, we couldn't get the win. There are things we need to improve on offense and we'll watch the film, see our mistakes and learn from them and come back next week and try to pull out the win."

At least Fisher has the integrity to admit that he could of played better, although he didn't play horrible by any means. But, at least he cares about the teams success as well as wanting to personally perform better.

BTW, am I the only one who has noticed that the Chiefs have not trailed in a game as of yet while Alex Smith and Eric Fisher have been on the field, nor turned the ball over?

They did trail during the SF game. And congratulations, Alex Smith and company struggled against the backups of San Fran.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 08-21-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast