Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets talk about the preseason shall we

Default Lets talk about the preseason shall we

Preseason football is exactly for games like the Chiefs played last night. There's a reason no one wins preseason awards.

The preseason is for teams to get back in the flow of playing in games. It is also for teams to get the kinks out they are used for teams to get film on all there players so the coaches can go to work on what a given player needs to work on before the games start to count. It is for teams to get there rookies/new players use to playing with there new teams/teammates. It is for spots on the team to be won and lost and that's what the coaches work on most. They don't sit and watch hours of film of the upcoming team they're going to face. They are to busy watching film of there own guys so they can begin to figure out who they want on the final spots of there roster. They watch limited film of there next opponent and put together a very basic gameplan for that team. But nothing like they do in the real season.

A bad presesaon can't be completly ignored you have to work on the things you struggled on but it's results should be taken with a grain of salt. While there are some things that are of concern on this team right now they still have almost a month to work on those. The sky is not Falling just yet. RELAX
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

We are relaxed! Played 49ers and Saints. This year, turnovers is key. We will have many close games. If we don't turn the ball over, we give ourselves a great chance to win most of the close games and go 9-7!!! Also, we have to hope that key players don't get injured. But, that is the name of the game. Every team has to hope that.

Personally, I will simply take things as they come with cautious optimism. Yes, there are areas of concern, but casting blame totally on Alex Smith and Eric Fisher for last nights Offensive futility is totally wrong. I will grant you that both need to do better than what we saw last night, but they had an awful lot of company from the rest of their Offensive compadres as far as not performing well.

Agree with you Matthew.

Folks just remember as the protection got broke apart last night that Smith never panicked and continued to make good decisions, the rest of the issues can be coached. The biggest take away from last night is that Alex didn't crap the bed and did not turn the ball over.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Preseason football is exactly for games like the Chiefs played last night. There's a reason no one wins preseason awards.

The preseason is for teams to get back in the flow of playing in games. It is also for teams to get the kinks out they are used for teams to get film on all there players so the coaches can go to work on what a given player needs to work on before the games start to count. It is for teams to get there rookies/new players use to playing with there new teams/teammates. It is for spots on the team to be won and lost and that's what the coaches work on most. They don't sit and watch hours of film of the upcoming team they're going to face. They are to busy watching film of there own guys so they can begin to figure out who they want on the final spots of there roster. They watch limited film of there next opponent and put together a very basic gameplan for that team. But nothing like they do in the real season.

A bad presesaon can't be completly ignored you have to work on the things you struggled on but it's results should be taken with a grain of salt. While there are some things that are of concern on this team right now they still have almost a month to work on those. The sky is not Falling just yet. RELAX
    No $#!+ there. To me preseason is more about roster spots/depth chart than anything. The only Chiefs coach that I ever saw that took the preseason seriously was Marty, especially when he first came to KC. After a few years even he began to take it less seriously and use it as a tool to sort out backups.

If anything, the sky isn't falling, but rather it's the limit. Reid didn't come here to make an 8-8 team.

I have all but labeled Baldwin a bust now, I just have to cross the T, and it's a shame, we don't really have a good WR to play opposite Bowe, and if a TE can't step up and be a threat, our passing game will suffer

Chiefs rookie right tackle Eric Fisher described Friday night's game, his first experience at Arrowhead Stadium.

"Tonight was a big learning night for us," Fisher said.
    "We missed on some plays; I missed on plays. Unfortunately, we couldn't get the win. There are things we need to improve on offense and we'll watch the film, see our mistakes and learn from them and come back next week and try to pull out the win."

At least Fisher has the integrity to admit that he could of played better, although he didn't play horrible by any means. But, at least he cares about the teams success as well as wanting to personally perform better.

BTW, am I the only one who has noticed that the Chiefs have not trailed in a game as of yet while Alex Smith and Eric Fisher have been on the field, nor turned the ball over?
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 08-18-2013 at 11:35 AM.

The one job a receiver has is to catch the ball and Baldwin sure aient doing that, we have yet to see how Bowe works with Alex smith also once that matchup comes alive I think we will have more offensive success lets just hope that's game 1 of the season

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Chiefs rookie right tackle Eric Fisher described Friday night's game, his first experience at Arrowhead Stadium.

"Tonight was a big learning night for us," Fisher said.
    "We missed on some plays; I missed on plays. Unfortunately, we couldn't get the win. There are things we need to improve on offense and we'll watch the film, see our mistakes and learn from them and come back next week and try to pull out the win."

At least Fisher has the integrity to admit that he could of played better, although he didn't play horrible by any means. But, at least he cares about the teams success as well as wanting to personally perform better.

BTW, am I the only one who has noticed that the Chiefs have not trailed in a game as of yet while Alex Smith and Eric Fisher have been on the field, nor turned the ball over?

Excellent point and was obviously apparent especially in the game against NO.

One more thing -- we know that the Chiefs didn't gameplan coming into last Friday's game. Can the same be said of the 49ers from the defensive side of the ball? Did they not pull out all the stops with all-out blitzes? Damn right they did -- Harbaugh wanted to save face and didn't want Alex Smith to make him look bad and Harbaugh knew the Chiefs weren't gameplanning for it.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast