Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chiefs listed at 22 for most loyal fans

Default Chiefs listed at 22 for most loyal fans

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2397661/Study-ranking-NFLs-loyal-fans-finds-Dallas-Cowboys-really-ARE-Americas-Team--Oakland-Raiders-come-last.html

The Dallas Cowboys have worn the nickname 'America's Team' as a badge of honor
    for 35 years, and now two university professors have given some academic weight
    to that title.
    A study from Emory University in Atlanta found that the
    Cowboys, long a fixture on America's TV sets, have the most loyal fan base in
    the NFL.
    The study measured fan attendance on game day and controlled for
    factors like the size and wealth of the market and whether fans still turn up
    when the team isn't performing so well on the field.
    Take it how you want (Size and Wealth shouldn't matter, i would however like to see this ranking with just fans turning up when the team is down)

Dude I live in California and the chargers limit their ticket sales so that the raider crowd don't out number the charger crowd at their own home games. Also seeing how many Cheif fans were at Qualcomm this last season amazed me. My cousin is a Jag fan but has season tickets to the chargers games only because he's a football fan he dresses in Jac gear every game lol

Ohh wee... and how some of them San Diego resident chief fans were dressed had me praying to god for strength not to look! (Couldn't resist though)

Patriots at 2? Cowboys at 1? Yeah no.

I would have to say this study is completely crap. Who ever did it, came to some poor conclusions. First there is no Way Raiders are dead last. There are so many of uniformed fans all over the world. That team attracts a certain demographic just related to Crime. Just based on the fans wearing Raider stuff in the off season, their loyalty is not Last. No Way. Arizona clearly deserves that. You could easily make the arguement to swith the Fair Weather fans Charges with the Raiders.

Second, have any of you been to Nashville. Everything there is all about the Vols. There is hardly any merchandise for the Titans being worn or sold. You see a bigger population of other teams being worn including Chiefs stuff than Titans merchandise.

Gotta be honest though. I have quit going to Chiefs games and stopped watching them live. Last year was more than enough for me. I no longer make the chiefs a priority over my family. Before I skipped Thanksgiving or Xmas to go to the game. Not anymore. Soccer with my son trumps the Chiefs.

I am extremely loyal to the Chiefs...as long as they are winning :)

Quote Originally Posted by mcclusterfan1982 View Post
    I am extremely loyal to the Chiefs...as long as they are winning :)
    Fair weather is blowing through.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12