Thread: Webnews: Pioli praises Baldwin’s abilities, explains he needs con

Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Pioli praises Baldwin’s abilities, explains he needs con

0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Florio
    Earlier this week, the 49ers and Chiefs swapped a pair of first-round disappointments at the receiver position. *Chiefs (and former 49ers) quarterback Alex Smith has vouched for A.J. Jenkins. * Likewise, the man who made the former Pitt wideout a member of the Chiefs is praising Jon Baldwin. “When we drafted him, we felt he… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 6

0 Not allowed!
    Ya no wonder you don't have a GM job anymore...where are these catches other guys can't make...practice does not count...what an f-ing waste of a first rounder

Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!
    As nearly every Pioli pick and signing is being purged from this team. Who cares what Pioli says based on why they drafted him. It is what he did after drafting. Now he blaming Cassel for Baldwins problems when it is clear his chemistry with all other QB's starting with Brady Quinn, Alex Smith, Chase Daniels etc is not helping him.

And the good hands quote... LOL. I can 't tell you how many times this kid caught a pass wide open to bobbles it as he tries to pull it in. He completed the pass but maybe 10 of hit 20 catches last year were near drops.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 16

0 Not allowed!
    Pioli should have stayed under the shadow of a Hall of fame Coach and QB. Every time he opens his mouth now it becomes obvious that he just doesn't get it. Did Clark Hunt even interview him before the hire?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 569
    Given: 757

0 Not allowed!
    Like I said in another thread, Pioli proved his inept talent evaluation when he took Baldwin at #26, whereas he could have traded down again into the 2nd round and gotten a guy like Randall Cobb, who I thought was a better overall football player than Baldwin going into that draft. Granted, Cobb has Aaron Rodgers throwing to him up in GB, but I highly doubt that anyone here can name Cobb's QB at Kentucky and when you watched footage of Cobb at Kentucky, you saw a player with flypaper hands that was skilled route runner & he just beat defenders silly that tried to cover him man-to-man. Plus, Cobb was great kick returner and could hold on place-kicks and play wildcat QB. Cobb was the guy I was hoping they would draft going into the 2011 draft.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 08-21-2013 at 12:19 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 700

0 Not allowed!
    Far as I'm concerned, Pioli is irrelevant. His whole approach to KC came apart right in front of him, and he wouldn't change or adapt.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 569
    Given: 757

0 Not allowed!
    This tells you all you need to know about Pioli when he's singing praises about a guy who everybody & their brother knows was a major bust. Add to that, the new regime of Dorsey/Reid gave Baldwin an "exit stage left" after only 2 preseason games. Enough said.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 430

0 Not allowed!
    Meh.