at
    Heinz Field

Television coverage:

Kansas City area---CBS 5 KCTV
    Topeka, Ks---CBS 13 WIBW

Watch online:
    Kansas City Chiefs vs. Pittsburgh Steelers @ FirstRowSports.com
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Geno Smith 14/28 184 1td 3int
    Alex Smith 17/24 158 1td 0int

We clearly took the wrong Smith SMH
    Ouch. That must sting.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Quoted for FACT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Dog View Post
    I say end on a high note and shut er down...
    Yup! Let AS sit unless he demands to get a chance to get a lead. Then give him 1 series. I'd like to see some other QB play with most of the offensive starters on the field. AS is our guy for better or worse this year, but I'd like to see what else we have for the future. Leave Daniels on the bench and see what is behind him.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 08-24-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    After a horrible start the Chiefs seem to have pulled things together to tie the game 10-10 at halftime. The blocked FG attempt was the turning point of the Game. I knew special teams would come up big somehow, even though the return game has gone nowhere tonight.

Bowe made some big plays and I loved that 32 yard scramble by Smith. We got to see quite a bit of Avery and he looks like a solid, if unspectacular #2 receiver. The running game was nonexistent. Is Charles' foot still hurting him?

Defense had 2 sacks which was one of the things that I wanted to see, but no turnovers. Pass coverage was weak, but It didn't end up hurting us too bad.

Chiefs actually ended the half with more first downs more total yards, more passing yards and more rushing yards than the Steelers!

Over all I'm not thrilled with the first half, but I'm not ready to slit my wrists either.

Time for my 2nd half nap!
    It was nothing to jump up and down about for sure

The run blocking was IMO what killed the runing game they have to get that sorted out I didn't see any holes for the Runners. The pass blocking is FAR better then last week.

What I do like is unlike last year it didn't get worse. They had a bad start but seemed to MAKE ADJUSTMENTS and got back in it. Far better then last year

So all in all on ok half some bad some good
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Bowe with the drop get them out of the way in the preseason boys
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

And a fumble Geeze I guess get those out of the way in the preseason to boys
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

What's encouraging is to see them hang in there and fight back. Not likely to have happened last year.

The Chase is on. Looks like he has most of the starters out there to work with on the first drive.

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    After a horrible start the Chiefs seem to have pulled things together to tie the game 10-10 at halftime. The blocked FG attempt was the turning point of the Game. I knew special teams would come up big somehow, even though the return game has gone nowhere tonight.

Bowe made some big plays and I loved that 32 yard scramble by Smith. We got to see quite a bit of Avery and he looks like a solid, if unspectacular #2 receiver. The running game was nonexistent. Is Charles' foot still hurting him?

Defense had 2 sacks which was one of the things that I wanted to see, but no turnovers. Pass coverage was weak, but It didn't end up hurting us too bad.

Chiefs actually ended the half with more first downs more total yards, more passing yards and more rushing yards than the Steelers!

Over all I'm not thrilled with the first half, but I'm not ready to slit my wrists either.
    To me that pretty much sums things up. Flashes of brilliance. Flashes of incompetence. Nothing to get all het up about one way or the other. All in all I think AR is holding his cards very close to his vest and not showing us or "them" much of what he plans.

Whoops!

The Chiefs haven't actually played poor defenses in their 2nd and 3rd games. These are teams that are perennially considered to be in the upper echelon of the league... and there are STILL complaints that our 2-14 team isn't dominating these games?? Y'all... c'mon! Is there really anymore doubt that this team will AT LEAST finish with a .500 record?? Don't forget, we've got one of the easiest schedules in the league. We won't be playing the Saints, 49ers, and Steelers every week in the regular season. We'll be playing the Jags, Raiders, Bills, and the like.

Perspective, folks... perspective.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast