at
    Heinz Field

Television coverage:

Kansas City area---CBS 5 KCTV
    Topeka, Ks---CBS 13 WIBW

Watch online:
    Kansas City Chiefs vs. Pittsburgh Steelers @ FirstRowSports.com
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    When did I ever say Eric Fisher was a bust? I said he looked like garbage, which has been true. He did play better against Pitt but we all saw Polamalu bust through the line right through Fisher on that 4th and short. You are totally within your right to say someone looks bad. What is wrong with that?

The reason I would give Geno or any other quarterback more time is because it is a developmental position. Notice how I have NEVER, EVER brought up Geno's circumstances in New York and I never will. You must admit that you brought up Alex Smith's circumstances early in his career over and over.
    You might not have said Fisher is a bust but you have jumped on him for EVERY mistake he has made. It's preseason in his Rookie year. Of course he's going to make mistakes and have plays that he would like back. He most likely will have some in the real season as well. Like EVERY rookie in the history of the game has. They all have rookie moments that they learn from. What decides If a player is good or bad is if he learns from those rookie moments and cuts them from his game we will see for Fisher. So far some good some bad. The niners game was HORRIBLE but not from just Fisher from the whole O line. Why single out Fisher?

The reason I have brought up Geno is trying to get through to you what I feel is a double standard. You wouldn't think it's fair the judge to judge him. I have agreed that QB is more of a developmental position but that doesn't mean that any other rookie doesn't go through a developmental time. Preseason is NEVER a good time to judge a rookie. All I'm saying is take a chill pill and let him develop

You would be perfectly reasonable if you did bring up Geno's circumstances as I was with Smith. Geno's not in a great offense it's one of the things that is hurting him. Very True. He might get MUCH better if they get him a better offense. The reason I have brought up Smith's circumstances is because they have been a factor it's not an "excuse" it's fact. That team didn't go out and bring in a whole lot of new players after the 2010 season they got a MUCH better coach and the level of play went up across the board. That to me say that coaching was the biggest issue there. And while I will agree it doesn't take all blame from Smith it does show that not all the struggles were on Alex Smith. He was not in a great situation and it hurt him. Just like Geno right now. It's fair to bring out that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    MatthewsChiefs wants me to make a positive post about our offense, here it goes:

Alex Smith orchestrated a beautiful drive that last possession, and it was against a legit defense, something I don't believe I ever saw Matt Cassel do. If he can play like that for most of the season, regardless what his YPC is I will be a supporter.
    Thank you. Bring more post like this and you won't get the hate on here you do now. A little positive talk when due can go a long way
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Either way I dont believe we will ever see wether geno will be any good or not. I dont like what iv heard about him hut either way im sure the jets will ruin his career either way.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    you might not have said fisher is a bust but you have jumped on him for every mistake he has made. It's preseason in his rookie year. Of course he's going to make mistakes and have plays that he would like back. He most likely will have some in the real season as well. Like every rookie in the history of the game has. They all have rookie moments that they learn from. What decides if a player is good or bad is if he learns from those rookie moments and cuts them from his game we will see for fisher. So far some good some bad. The niners game was horrible but not from just fisher from the whole o line. Why single out fisher?

The reason i have brought up geno is trying to get through to you what i feel is a double standard. You wouldn't think it's fair the judge to judge him. I have agreed that qb is more of a developmental position but that doesn't mean that any other rookie doesn't go through a developmental time. Preseason is never a good time to judge a rookie. All i'm saying is take a chill pill and let him develop

you would be perfectly reasonable if you did bring up geno's circumstances as i was with smith. Geno's not in a great offense it's one of the things that is hurting him. Very true. He might get much better if they get him a better offense. The reason i have brought up smith's circumstances is because they have been a factor it's not an "excuse" it's fact. That team didn't go out and bring in a whole lot of new players after the 2010 season they got a much better coach and the level of play went up across the board. That to me say that coaching was the biggest issue there. And while i will agree it doesn't take all blame from smith it does show that not all the struggles were on alex smith. He was not in a great situation and it hurt him. Just like geno right now. It's fair to bring out that point.

Thank you. Bring more post like this and you won't get the hate on here you do now. A little positive talk when due can go a long way
    big +1

I had to go back and watch the highlight of Knile Davis' 109-yard kickoff return TD and it was hilarious.

I'll bet there were a lot of wet spots left in the seats by Steelers fans & Tomlin looked like he crapped his pants. Plus, the Steelers announcers sounded like they'd just gotten an enema when Davis broke into the clear and they knew nobody was going to catch him.

Hope to see more of that in the regular season.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021