at
    Heinz Field

Television coverage:

Kansas City area---CBS 5 KCTV
    Topeka, Ks---CBS 13 WIBW

Watch online:
    Kansas City Chiefs vs. Pittsburgh Steelers @ FirstRowSports.com
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Pitt's D line is no joke. But after Alex's scramble it really caused them to back off, and resort to cheap hits. The one thing that I saw that Pittsburg seemed to be able to do consistently was come down with big catches to extend their drives. At times it seemed like they were catching everything thrown their way.
    Well, Big Ben was playing behind a fully-healthy O-Line ( DeCastro looks very good, BTW ) & given time to throw, he will pick any Defense apart. I do like that the Chiefs adjusted and sent some blitzes at Big Ben, and got to him a couple times after he threw that 1st TD, Of course, Big Ben might have never gotten that first TD if the Chiefs hadn't gone for it 4th and 1 inside their 30-yard line ( which of course, they wouldn't have done that in the regular season ).

Dontari Poe continues to show signs of good progress ( see the end-around play that Pitt tried that Poe and Kendrick Lewis held to a 4-yard gain -- nice pursuit by Poe ).

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Well, Big Ben was playing behind a fully-healthy O-Line ( DeCastro looks very good, BTW ) & given time to throw, he will pick any Defense apart. I do like that the Chiefs adjusted and sent some blitzes at Big Ben, and got to him a couple times after he threw that 1st TD, Of course, Big Ben might have never gotten that first TD if the Chiefs hadn't gone for it 4th and 1 inside their 30-yard line ( which of course, they wouldn't have done that in the regular season ).

Dontari Poe continues to show signs of good progress ( see the end-around play that Pitt tried that Poe and Kendrick Lewis held to a 4-yard gain -- nice pursuit by Poe ).
    We should've gotten DeCastro when we had the chance...Rothlisberger has gotten sharper as a QB. My point was that even well into the third & fourth quarters, the Steelers recievers were catching everything, tough catch or not. It was just good play on their part, getting that first TD.

Poe's gotten better. If Nico Johnson competes his way into the starting lineup...

Don't blame Reid for going for it on 4 and 1 that early in a preseason game. If he's going to test his team, do it now. Also think it's the same philosophy he used by not game-planning for the 49'ers D; He wanted to see how they'd react with a situation they weren't ready for.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    We should've gotten DeCastro when we had the chance...Rothlisberger has gotten sharper as a QB. My point was that even well into the third & fourth quarters, the Steelers recievers were catching everything, tough catch or not. It was just good play on their part, getting that first TD.

Poe's gotten better. If Nico Johnson competes his way into the starting lineup...

Don't blame Reid for going for it on 4 and 1 that early in a preseason game. If he's going to test his team, do it now. Also think it's the same philosophy he used by not game-planning for the 49'ers D; He wanted to see how they'd react with a situation they weren't ready for.
    Actually, I don't blame Reid for the 4th down gamble in pre-season. I just wish they had converted & not put Pitt in easy scoring range. But, it worked out in the end.

Nico Johnson did make some nice tackles & maybe before the season's end, he forges his way into the starting lineup. He's a keeper for sure.

Still have high hopes for Kelce and hope he gets back on the field soon, especially with Moeaki getting hurt (again).

As for the game. Again special teams showed up big. Offence looked better d still no line pressure
    Last edited by Chiefster; 08-26-2013 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Personal attack

OFF TOPIC:

I just read Brian Daboll is an assistant in New England.

An assistant what? Jock-strap washer?

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    OFF TOPIC:

I just read Brian Daboll is an assistant in New England.

An assistant what? Jock-strap washer?
    Believe it or not...NE picked up him right after the Crennel/Pioli "purge". Why I have no idea, but keep in mind that's the same team that took back Josh McDaniels, too.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    But wait wasn't preseason games good enough to judge the rookie you don't like?Didn't you already say Fisher was a wasted pick? But it's not fair to judge the guy you wanted? you want to talk about hypocrisy? Really?

And it's not "making excuses" the Piss poor coaching I have talked about is FACT. Again name me someone who played well under those coaches I've been waiting for you to answer that time and time again. YES Smith takes some blame for his time with the niners but he was not alone in that. And you IGNORE the last couple of seasons when Smith played well and only want to talk about the time when he had the horrible coaches.

You have set a clear double standards you hold the guys you don't like to perfection standards where the guys you do like you're willing to give a break to. You seem to me to be a smart guy. But sometimes you have to let you're personal opinions go and be fair that's all I ask. What we've seen from This offense has been nothing to jump and down about lets face facts. But on the other hand it's nothing to say see the season is over we are doomed to fail like you make it out to be. This team has gone head to head this preseason with 3 good teams. I don't know if there is any other team out there with a preseason like ours they are facing pretty good competition. They have held there own against them. That's reason to say ok maybe this won't be so bad. Not to say it's great but maybe just maybe there's reason to have some hope. No one is asking you to jump up and down and say see how great Alex Smith is. If you look in this game thread I said that Smith made a poor throw. I will say it when he does something bad. But all you do is point at the bad. You then make excuses for the good. You already started with game 1 of the real season. All anyone ask on here is a fair outlook. That's something you have yet to show. Instead it's perfection for the guys you don't like and a much lower standard for those who you do. I show the Geno things to show this double standard he's a rookie it's far to early to judge him. Just like Fisher is a rookie it's far to early to judge him like any other rookie. If our guys are so bad why do you hold them to the perfection standard. Even when Smith took us down the field for a td while I said good start keep it up (far from saying see i told you Smith would work) you went on and on about Dink and dunk. Learn to give credit where credit is due instead of constantly pointing out the negative and making excuses for the good.

I have been by far the nicest to you on this site. I have defended you before when some called you a troll. Help me out here so I don't look like a idiot more then I often make myself out to be. Tell us something you like about what they have done. Say SOMETHING ANYTHING positive about the offense without taking a dig at the QB. There's has to be something you like. All we here from you is negative help us all out make 1 positive post with no digs at the QB

When did I ever say Eric Fisher was a bust? I said he looked like garbage, which has been true. He did play better against Pitt but we all saw Polamalu bust through the line right through Fisher on that 4th and short. You are totally within your right to say someone looks bad. What is wrong with that?

The reason I would give Geno or any other quarterback more time is because it is a developmental position. Notice how I have NEVER, EVER brought up Geno's circumstances in New York and I never will. You must admit that you brought up Alex Smith's circumstances early in his career over and over.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 08-26-2013 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Mymanhali
    you are the homer. You act like a kid that got yourself feelings hurt. Your so blinded for your hate for alex smith that you cant see past your hirt feelings. There was not a better option then alex smith. I dont like geno smith he just rubs me the wrong way something about him is this off and hes selfish and wana be gangster. I cant say we wont ever be good but I just dont like him. You mqy not like alex smith but you let your hatred for him cloud your judgments. You have double standards that your to blind to see. so sorry that you got your feelings hurt and that it turned you into a homer. I think alex will suprise you.

Honestly, I don't get hurt feelings on an internet forum. I just don't feel like Alex Smith is the qb to take us anywhere.

MatthewsChiefs wants me to make a positive post about our offense, here it goes:

Alex Smith orchestrated a beautiful drive that last possession, and it was against a legit defense, something I don't believe I ever saw Matt Cassel do. If he can play like that for most of the season, regardless what his YPC is I will be a supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Mymanhali
    you are the homer. You act like a kid that got yourself feelings hurt. Your so blinded for your hate for alex smith that you cant see past your hirt feelings. There was not a better option then alex smith. I dont like geno smith he just rubs me the wrong way something about him is this off and hes selfish and wana be gangster. I cant say we wont ever be good but I just dont like him. You mqy not like alex smith but you let your hatred for him cloud your judgments. You have double standards that your to blind to see. so sorry that you got your feelings hurt and that it turned you into a homer. I think alex will suprise you.
    Not in anyway shape or form is mmh a homer! I am a Homer, and damm proud of it!