Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Knile Davis the next Devin Hester?

Default Is Knile Davis the next Devin Hester?

I know it's only preseason, but look at these stats:

In game one Davis returned a kick for 79 yds.

In game 3 he returned 2 kicks for 129 yds. One of those went 109 yds which is as far as you can go. One more yd would have put the kick through the end zone and made it unreturnable.

That's 208 yds in 3 attempts (69.67 yds per return). It's hard to do much better than that.

If he's not Devin Hester, He's at least Dante Hall, isn't he?

Discuss ...
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

If he keeps that up during the regular season...everyone's going to be looking for the next Knile Davis...

If he can catch a pass as well he runs kickoff returns...He'll make an excellent 3rd down back. Really like the idea of having Davis and McCluster pulling kickoff/punt return duty.

I don't know if he's Dante Hall, I have yet to see him juke people out of their cleats the way X could. I do like the potential I see in his ability.

Knife Davis better learn how to hang to the football if he's gonna return knockoffs. All of our kick returners look improved under David Toub. This is great news. If we have a strong return game to complement Colquit and Succop we will be in a lot of games. It can change momentum in a game in a huge way. I'm sure everyone remembers McCluster's return against the Chargers on MNF. We need all 3 phases working to compete with the big dogs.

Sports illustrated did a huge spread on him last year talking about the injuries he suffered in high school and college and the tremendous work ethic he has. So glad he's a chief. Devin Hester I don't know but he's gonna put us in some good situations for sure.

He's already proved himself to be a dangerous kick returner. I'm curious to see how he develops as a RB. It took Jamaal Charles a season and a half to arrive as a RB. The fumble that occurred last night was the result of a good hatchet job by a Steeler defender, so he's going to have to learn to hang on to the ball a little bit tighter, but he's shown flashes as a runner and a receiver out of the backfield & you can't coach the type of speed that he has.

Many thought that Davis was a wasted pick on draft day, but the Chiefs did need another speed RB and he was the fastest on the board, so it made sense to me.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 08-25-2013 at 11:13 AM.

The only question mark about him is hanging onto the football. If he can do that he will be very important to us.

Is he going to be a great kick returner for us? YES! But I wouldnt compare him to Dante Hall or Devin Hester because they are a different type of return man. Those guys made the plays with their ability to change direction on a dime and juke people. Davis is running straight ahead and just has great vision to see where the holes are/are going to be and uses his speed to make it to those holes.

Our return game is going to be very dominant. Either people are going to stop kicking it deep (which means decent field position), or they are going to be very worried about our return game breaking one deep.

How much of it is Davis or just our special teams in general. David Toub appears to be the best signing so far this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    The only question mark about him is hanging onto the football. If he can do that he will be very important to us.
    As I recall that was the knock against one Jamaal Charles too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast