Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You're the GM. Who do you cut?

Default You're the GM. Who do you cut?

On Tuesday, Sept. 27, the Chiefs have to trim their roster to 75. That means they have to get rid of 15 players who aren't even good enough to get another look in the 4th and final preseason game. Put on your GM cap. Who do you think already deserves to get the ax?
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Just a hunch, but I'd say that WR's and DB's would make up at least half of that 15.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Just a hunch, but I'd say that WR's and DB's would make up at least half of that 15.
    Based on the sheer number of undrafted free agents that play those positions, I would say that is a good hunch, but which ones?

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Based on the sheer number of undrafted free agents that play those positions, I would say that is a good hunch, but which ones?
    It's hard to guess which ones, but I'm glad they rid themselves of Baldwin. But, the biggest cut that they made so far is when they cut Scott Pioli, no doubt.

maybe a quicker way to answer the question is, who do they keep? How many wide receivers would a team keep...5 or 6? Who are the obvious ones that are not getting cut....Bowe, Avery. We get to keep 3 or 4 more....go.

Quote Originally Posted by mcclusterfan1982 View Post
    maybe a quicker way to answer the question is, who do they keep? How many wide receivers would a team keep...5 or 6? Who are the obvious ones that are not getting cut....Bowe, Avery. We get to keep 3 or 4 more....go.
    That's he approach I would take for the final roster. They have to get rid of 15 players before next Thursday's game and then another 22 (I think) after. It's gotta be tough to say, "we don't even want to give these guys one more chance to show us what they can do."

But I'm working on it. I'll have a list this afternoon.

I say they do keep WR Hemingway. Wylie will probably stay as well. Hammond and Shoemaker will not.

Yeah I dont think anyone in the trenches would get cut much just do to the fact it seems it needs the most help depth wise. I like the depth in secondary besides agnew.

I'd be surprised if Stanzi is on the roster for the Packers game.

I'm just a dumb old out-of-state CHIEFS FAN and not qualified to be a GM or shine a GM's shoes (except for maybe Pioli) so any thoughts I have would only be the obvious ones, but I feel pretty good about Dorsey and Reid and the working relationship they have, so I don't think they will make many (if ANY) mistakes in who they decide needs to go down the road.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast