Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 50

Thread: Webnews: Ricky Stanzi among 14 cut by Chiefs

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,174
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 27

    Post Webnews: Ricky Stanzi among 14 cut by Chiefs


    0 Not allowed!
    By Darin Gantt
    The Chiefs made 14 of the 15 moves they need to make by Tuesday’s deadline to get to 75, and they got rid of a quarterback in the process. Among the cuts was Ricky Stanzi, a project of the previous administration. He was made expendable when the Chiefs traded for Alex Smith and signed free… Read more…

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    4,009
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I never did see Stanzi as anything more than a gesture from Pioli in an attempt to lure Kirk Ferentz from Iowa. But that's just me.
    SHUT IT

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,986
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I never did see Stanzi as anything more than a gesture from Pioli in an attempt to lure Kirk Ferentz from Iowa. But that's just me.
    I see Stanzi as a bad draft pick from Pioli by taking advice from a friend without actually evaluating the talent. Basically every players that Pioli signed or got involved with has been purged.

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,530
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Stanzi just another draft pick that did not make the cut. just seems worse cause hes a QB and its the CHIEFS but this happens to every team every year, no biggie don't read more into it othe rthan we kept the best 3 QBs.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,986
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Next up Tony Moeaki...

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,530
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Next up Tony Moeaki...
    I agree, although I believe they will try to have him make the team then trade him just to get some value in return
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,262
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 591
    Given: 774

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Next up Tony Moeaki...
    You could be right, even though it's been said he had a good camp. But, we haven't seen anything from him in the pre-season games & it'll depend on Kelce's health and progress.

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,262
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 591
    Given: 774

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Wouldn't you know it, Moeaki has a fractured left shoulder.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...der-for-chiefs

    He's history. Expect an injury settlement and the walking papers to come shortly. There won't be any trade.

  9. #18
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,784
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 407
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Wouldn't you know it, Moeaki has a fractured left shoulder.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...der-for-chiefs

    He's history. Expect an injury settlement and the walking papers to come shortly. There won't be any trade.
    I agree sadly he has shown some promise but is just one of those guys who can't stay on the field. It's a shame I really liked him when he was playing
    ​BAN ROY


  10. #19
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,262
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 591
    Given: 774

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I see Stanzi as a bad draft pick from Pioli by taking advice from a friend without actually evaluating the talent. Basically every players that Pioli signed or got involved with has been purged.
    Well, regarding the guys that Pioli drafted there are some that we most certainly want to flourish with the new regime. I'll name them off:

    Eric Berry
    Dexter McCluster
    Kendrick Lewis
    Jon Asamoah
    Justin Houston
    Rodney Hudson
    Allen Bailey
    Jalil Brown
    Dontari Poe
    Jeff Allen
    Donald Stephenson
    Junior Hemingway ( I'm taking him over Wylie because I think Junior is a better receiving target )

    As you can see that's a pretty fair handful, even though Lewis, McCluster, and Asamoah are in the last year of their rookie contracts. I'd hate to see a majority of those guys have to be purged, because if that happens, it's going to hurt them more than help them.

  11. #20
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,986
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Well, regarding the guys that Pioli drafted there are some that we most certainly want to flourish with the new regime. I'll name them off:

    Eric Berry
    Dexter McCluster
    Kendrick Lewis
    Jon Asamoah
    Justin Houston
    Rodney Hudson
    Allen Bailey
    Jalil Brown
    Dontari Poe
    Jeff Allen
    Donald Stephenson
    Junior Hemingway ( I'm taking him over Wylie because I think Junior is a better receiving target )

    As you can see that's a pretty fair handful, even though Lewis, McCluster, and Asamoah are in the last year of their rookie contracts. I'd hate to see a majority of those guys have to be purged, because if that happens, it's going to hurt them more than help them.
    You are correct. There are some really good players from Pioli so i don't want to sound like I am hating on all of them. Still a lot of question marks by many of those. I really hope JR, ends up being a good player. From what I have heard he does not drop the ball much which has caught Andy's attention.

    I also Love Houston.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ricky Williams is back.....
    By sling58 in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 09:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •