Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Ricky Stanzi among 14 cut by Chiefs

Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Ricky Stanzi among 14 cut by Chiefs

0 Not allowed!
    By Darin Gantt
    The Chiefs made 14 of the 15 moves they need to make by Tuesday’s deadline to get to 75, and they got rid of a quarterback in the process. Among the cuts was Ricky Stanzi, a project of the previous administration. He was made expendable when the Chiefs traded for Alex Smith and signed free… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 137

0 Not allowed!
    I guess that is why Chase Daniels played the whole 2nd half and OT.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 391
    Given: 75

0 Not allowed!
    Not shocked Stanzi is gone or any of the cuts Agnew got himself cut in game 1

Thumbs Up
    Received: 581
    Given: 771

0 Not allowed!
    Another bust of a drafted QB by KC --- for the 17th time since 1970. I'm not at all surprised it came to this.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 88
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    LATEST NEWSChiefs Announce Roster MovesAugust 25, 2013 08:00 PM | Reid FerrinThe Kansas City Chiefs announced Sunday that the club is releasing 14 players in order to get closer to the NFL's mandated 75-man roster by Aug. 27 at 3 p.m. CT. With today's moves, the Chiefs now have 76 players on the current roster."This is always a difficult time of year," Chiefs general manager John Dorsey said. "We have to make decisions that we feel are in the best interest of our football team and unfortunately this is part of the process. These gentlemen have put in a lot of hard work and effort for our franchise, and we wish them nothing but the best moving forward."The league's final roster cutdown to 53 players must take place before 5 p.m. CT on Aug. 31. The following players have been released by the club:RELEASED1) Vince Agnew - DB - (CMU)2) Miguel Chavis - DE - (Clemson)3) Terrance Copper - WR - (East Carolina)4) Ryan Durand - OL - (Syracuse)5) Hutch Eckerson - OL - (South Carolina)6) Otha Foster III - DB - (West Alabama)7) A.J. Hawkins - OL - (Mississippi)8) Rob Lohr - DE - (Vanderbilt)9) Kamaal McIlwain - CB - (Newberry College)10) Jordan Roberts - RB - (Charleston)11) Tyler Shoemaker - WR - (Boise State)12) Ricky Stanzi - QB - (Iowa)13) Neiko Thorpe - DB - (Auburn)14) Braden Wilson - FB - (Kansas State)Share Post:RetweetShareOTHER NEWSCoach Reid: Chiefs 'pulling for each other'13 hours agoAndy Reid's Press Conference Transcript20 hours agoAndy Reid's Chiefs top Steelers in OT, 26-2021 hours agoMore News© 2012 Kansas City ChiefsFull Site*|*Feedback

Thumbs Up
    Received: 325
    Given: 326

0 Not allowed!
    Can anybody tell me why this was done 48 hours sooner than needed?

Was it to give the cut players a better chance to get picked up somewhere else?

I'm just curious why they moved sooner than they had to.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 88
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    I believe it was to give players better chance of finding other teams. With these cuts it shouldnt be any suprises or anyone important so theres no need to wait til last minute.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 217
    Given: 58

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Can anybody tell me why this was done 48 hours sooner than needed?
    I don't see any strategic advantage to waiting 'til the last minute. Once the decisions have been made, it's best to get the bad news out as soon as possible so that the players affected can move on to the next phase in their lives.

I wonder why they haven't decided on the 15 cut, yet. I'm guessing that announcement is gonna be a bit of a shocker!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

Thumbs Up
    Received: 245
    Given: 727

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I believe it was to give players better chance of finding other teams. With these cuts it shouldnt be any suprises or anyone important so theres no need to wait til last minute.
    The way I understand it is, if it's a good player/hard worker that just doesn't fit the system or team needs...let him go ASAP, so at least the guy has a chance to land a roster spot elsewhere. Right now front offices are scrambling to find out who got cut, that way they can snag what their team needs.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I don't see any strategic advantage to waiting 'til the last minute. Once the decisions have been made, it's best to get the bad news out as soon as possible so that the players affected can move on to the next phase in their lives.

I wonder why they haven't decided on the 15 cut, yet. I'm guessing that announcement is gonna be a bit of a shocker!
    The 15th may be an IR that has not been annouced yet. Also one reason to make the cuts early is to get some of the Fodder out of the way taking reps from the other players, as the Chiefs still need to evaluate some tough choices by next week. This will allow those left two more days of reps.

WR right now is a tough decision. As I see it, Bowe, Avery, McCluster are locks. Leaving really two spots. I heard JR. Hemingway castches almost everything in camp and has been receiving more reps with the Starters in place of McCluster and looked decent Saturday scoring the TD before half. So who is the 5th. Salary cap would say AJ Jenkins by is it Devin Wylie? Rico Richards and Frankie Hammond looked good as well.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast