Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Ricky Stanzi among 14 cut by Chiefs

Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Ricky Stanzi among 14 cut by Chiefs

0 Not allowed!
    By Darin Gantt
    The Chiefs made 14 of the 15 moves they need to make by Tuesday’s deadline to get to 75, and they got rid of a quarterback in the process. Among the cuts was Ricky Stanzi, a project of the previous administration. He was made expendable when the Chiefs traded for Alex Smith and signed free… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 88
    Given: 1

2 Not allowed!
    Well I agree okung would have been a better selection then berry but I believe berry will only get better. I like him down un the box. Also if we picked okung and won a few more games wed prolly stilk be stuck with piolI as GM. So every choice gives you a different outcome. I prefer the current and good riddance of pioli.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 582
    Given: 773

2 Not allowed!
    ^^Good point and a rep.

I'm not saying that I hope Berry doesn't prosper with this new regime. As a matter of fact, I had him at the top of the list of players that Pioli drafted that I hope DID prosper with this new regime in my earlier post in this thread. But, I am not going to give over to any hero worship type of BS where Berry is concerned like so many Chiefs fans have.

You are correct that Pioli had to go. He ran the front office like a Nazi concentration camp & was more of a politician than a football GM. So like you said, in the long run, it may have worked out for the better. Plus, Eric Fisher does look promising, although he will suffer from inexperience in his 1st season, but he certainly has a very high ceiling and I'm crossing my fingers for his success as Fisher is a great character guy & the Chiefs overall success really matters to him.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Fascinating, the Jags claimed Stanzi off waivers:

http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-footb...medium=twitter

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I would actually like to see stanzi get a chance. From the top of my head I think the jags are the most unsettled qb position. Well then again buffalo,jets, raiders, but those teams drafted a qb this year and raiders brought in matt flynn. Would like to see stanzi beat out chad henne for a back up spot. Though I havent seen much from stanzi so I dont know. Plus he couldn't best out palko.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Though it just dawned on me jags are our first opponent so its just a play to try and get info from him.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 116
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Wesley once picked Tom Brady three times in a game in 2005 & it wasn't the first time he turned the hat trick. He did it against Miami in 2002. Pollard got abused in pass in pass coverage, yes, but so has Berry. Berry still hasn't found Antonio Gates in man to man coverage in 3 years. Berry can play zone, but he struggles with man to man. Sorry, but if I could take Wesley in his prime and replace Berry with him on this current Chiefs team, I would do it in a minute. My point is Berry wasn't worth the #5 overall pick & Dorsey and Reid would not have taken him over Okung if they had been making the picks for the Chiefs in 2010. History has proven that taking any Safety in the top 10 is a bad investment, with only the late Sean Taylor playing up to his draft status.
    I won't argue that Berry wasn't worht his pick status. Fact of the matter, I am not sure any of the 1st round picks we have taken the last couple years have been worth their pick status. Hopefully Poe will live up to his status but Tyson, Berry, Baldwin, and Fisher in my opinion are not worth value of their draft pick. I was not found of Poe either but I will give him another year to prove it. While Fisher may be a good player for us, I have problems picking a RT with the first over all and then see him struggle out of th gate. The first over all should make a pretty substantial difference.

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I won't argue that Berry wasn't worht his pick status. Fact of the matter, I am not sure any of the 1st round picks we have taken the last couple years have been worth their pick status. Hopefully Poe will live up to his status but Tyson, Berry, Baldwin, and Fisher in my opinion are not worth value of their draft pick. I was not found of Poe either but I will give him another year to prove it. While Fisher may be a good player for us, I have problems picking a RT with the first over all and then see him struggle out of th gate. The first over all should make a pretty substantial difference.
    Fisher won't be playing RT for very long. Albert has already turned down multi-year offers and still wants top 5 LT money. If you remember Tony Boselli taken #2 overall by the Jags, he did not do a whole lot in year 1, but was All-Pro his 2nd season. Willie Roaf played RT his first year & was OK, but switched to LT his 2nd year and became All-Pro. Jonathan Ogden played LG his 1st season and was OK, but moved to LT in his 2nd season and became All-Pro.

My point is I can't judge Fisher this early when he's playing out of position. I have to see him play a full season as a LT, first. I wish this team would quit playing O-Lineman out of position like they've been doing since Roaf and Shields retired. Fisher may prove to be worthy of his draft status, but not this year playing out of position.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Fisher won't be playing RT for very long. Albert has already turned down multi-year offers and still wants top 5 LT money. If you remember Tony Boselli taken #2 overall by the Jags, he did not do a whole lot in year 1, but was All-Pro his 2nd season. Willie Roaf played RT his first year & was OK, but switched to LT his 2nd year and became All-Pro. Jonathan Ogden played LG his 1st season and was OK, but moved to LT in his 2nd season and became All-Pro.

My point is I can't judge Fisher this early when he's playing out of position. I have to see him play a full season as a LT, first. I wish this team would quit playing O-Lineman out of position like they've been doing since Roaf and Shields retired. Fisher may prove to be worthy of his draft status, but not this year playing out of position.
    I am leaving Fisher open to prove himself, but so far NO tackle is worth the #1. Not sure who I would have taken sooner, but I would expect the #1 pick to be the most NFL ready player. Not a project.

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am leaving Fisher open to prove himself, but so far NO tackle is worth the #1. Not sure who I would have taken sooner, but I would expect the #1 pick to be the most NFL ready player. Not a project.
    I won't go as far as to call Fisher is a project. He's going to be a starter as long as he's healthy & while he hasn't been perfect, he's shown very good promise. He's going to suffer from inexperience, but he'll catch on hopefully sooner than later. There just wasn't anybody else for them to take at #1 ( especially with Albert's long-term uncertainty ), and no team was trading up.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    He has shown promise, but right now He is no better than John Welbourne. So until that promise is realized, he is a a project. I watched him in St. Joe. Without knowing who he was, he looked no different from any of the other tackles except for Albert, who clearly was hands over much better. So while he is showing promise, he is a project. Which is not what I would want from the #1 over all.. But like we both said, who was better. Justin Houston made him look like a high schooler as Houston appeared to be going half speed and still beating him. Houston was instructing him on what to do, but clearly Houston didn't have to put much effort into it.

Now I will say this much. Maybe it is becasue he is the starter or #1 pick, he clearly showed that he was wanting to learn and at times pushed his way in front of other people. However, the chemistry for the tackles didn't appear to be the best to me. They literally were like Rams out there, walking around out there individually until it was time to hit each other. They would do their work and then wonder off individually. Then you watch other positions and they are all talking to each other, having fun and hollering when a play is made.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast