Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Crowd

Default Chiefs Crowd

I would like to say a few things to everybody on the board:

I didn't know I rubbed that many people the wrong way on this site, that was never my intention. I will admit that I have been too negative with this regime, even though I originally supported the hiring of Reid and Dorsey. In almost every post I talk about Alex Smith and I realize I have been quite critical of the qb, this has also upset some. I just want this team to do well, I really do. It upsets me that I see a talented team held back with what I believe to be a game manager. However, I do understand Smith is our quarterback atleast for the time being and in the future if I continue to post I promise to be more objective and far less critical.

-MMO

nobody likes a nagging wife. The point is, we all know his opinion and are fine with that. But, he doesn't need to nag and remind us every post about how much he cannot stand Alex Smith. It is the nagging. It is the amount of it. It isn't simply that he has a difference of opinion. $%$ annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    isn't it ironic that a post that started w/an apology to help end the negative non-productive postings has created another one of the same!!!!!
    no. we want to get things settled here so that we all can enjoy this in the future. Nothing ironic here.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post

The problem with MMO is the constant bashing of Alex Smith and Eric Fisher because they weren't his personal choices
    -- and they haven't even played a full season with the Chiefs, yet. I've pointed out time and again the Chiefs ZERO success rate drafting QB's since 1970 & he refuses to acknowledge that fact, and the fact that the Chiefs didn't need a developmental QB to replace Cassel, they needed a veteran like Smith that can come in and play right now, and a veteran like Daniel to back him up. Thus far, both have showed a lot of poise under fire that likely would not have come from a rookie QB. Both Smith and Daniel are here to stay for a while, so one needs to get over the idea of drafting a QB in round 1 for the time being because it's not happening & I, for one, am grateful for that given the Chiefs ZERO success rate at drafting QB's. Plus, both Smith and Daniel have won the confidence of their teammates, which is something Cassel and Quinn could not do last year.

Alex Smith wasn't my first choice. I wanted Kirk Cousins, but the Skins aren't trading him as they think he's too valuable and they are right, so Smith was the next best option. I don't care what happened with Smith in SF, it's what he does in KC with Andy Reid that counts now.
    I agree 100%.

I understand wanting to see something from Smith before buying in. And Hey after the QBs we have seen since Trent can we really blame him for wanting to see it before getting all excited? It's understandable. The problem is to go on and on about it. If he would've just let it go there wouldn't be an issue. I think he's a smart guy and I hope he keeps posting because he does have some very valid points. But sometimes you have to keep your emotions in check. I think that got away from him a little bit. It's like when you are having an argument with your wife and part of you really wants to say something out of anger but there's that little voice in the back of your head saying DON'T SAY IT. He sometimes doesn't listen to that little voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Actually NO. You dont' get credit. He brought it up on page two. "Geno Smith looks Great." You only continued what he started. Just like a troll, he pushed a button with one sentence and got the reaction he was looking for. Unfortunately, I was reading the thread from my phone as I was shopping for my kid a new bed and time slipped away. So I was not logged in so his post was not ignored. I was looking for information on the game. Not more dung about a player not drafted by the Chiefs.
    I forgot about that post lol

But I will say I have brought Geno up far more then him lately again trying to prove a point about his judgment of Fisher.

isn't it ironic that a post that started w/an apology to help end the negative non-productive postings has created another one of the same!!!!!
    That it is

How about we just have one big group hug and start over with the fresh season and lets just say GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think we can all agree on that
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

How about we just have one big group hug and start over with the fresh season and lets just say GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think we can all agree on that
    ok fine. Everyone gets a fresh start. From here. ***joins in the group hug***
    Last edited by mcclusterfan1982; 08-26-2013 at 02:08 PM. Reason: messy

ya sure, bring it on in here folks
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

I've obviously come to this thread too late as MMO/MMH's post seems to have been deleted, but several people I respect have thanked MMO/MMH for his apology, so I'll take their word for it.

Thank you MMH.

I'm going to offer some thoughts on how you can undo the bad feelings many here have had for you...

NO....you don't have to decide you have some sort of man-crush on Alex Smith. Not by a long shot. We all know you feel we should have drafted Geno instead of spending what we did for Alex. You've said, we've read it, we know it.

But y'know, we didn't draft Geno and nothing you can say or do is going to change that. Alex Smith is our QB for at least a year. Just accept what you can't change.

As for how you treat Alex Smith in your posts......

First off, forget about what he did in SF. It's the past. Just like that ex-girlfriend that dumped you...She's the past and Alex Smith's time in SF is the past. Get over it.

Treat Alex Smith fairly. When he runs a good drive, pat him on the back like you did recently about the drive just before the half against Pittsburgh. If he has a game or a drive where he stinks up the joint, go ahead and say it. But leave his time at SF out of it and focus on what he has done as a Chief. And when you feel he deserves criticism that is fine but don't announce that one drive or one game proves that he is never going to amount to a hill of dog turds and that you knew it. Compliment the good. Criticize the bad....but do it gently. Remember...he is our QB and you have "dance with the one you brung."

Nobody here is going to criticize you if you will stop acting as if Alex Smith stole your trophy wife, got her hooked on drugs and then sold her into prostitution. He didn't. Alex Smith didn't ask to be traded to KC. Reid, Dorsey and SF management did that. Alex Smith just went where he was told to. And whether he succeeds or not here I know that he is going to do his very best to make KC fans think he was the best trade they ever made. He wants to become KC's favorite player.

Can he do that? I don't know. You don't know. But you sure don't think so and that's OK. Just don't remind us of it 10 times a day.

As far as I am concerned, Alex Smith is getting a fresh start and since I am willing to give him that, I'm doing the same thing for you. I am taking you off my ignore list and will judge you only by future posts. You could be good for this forum and help make it more active and more fun. Or you can be a cancer here. Think about that before you post.

And remember.....Everybody deserves a second chance.......both Alex Smith AND you. I truly hope you will try as hard as Alex Smith to show you deserve it.

Sincerely.....Ctchiefsfan

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    First off, forget about what he did in SF. It's the past. Just like that ex-girlfriend that dumped you...She's the past and Alex Smith's time in SF is the past. Get over it.
    I think a better one is it's a new gf, you want to know her pass to know what you're getting yourself into, she had those 6 years of sex drugs and rock and roll but the past year and a half have slowly calmed down

Never read his email. Have him on Ignore. Just responded based on comments from others. If he truly apologized that is a start in the right direction.

Fair enough MMH. Soon the games will matter and we'll all see what we really do or do not have rather than speculating.

For the record I do not hate Alex Smith... http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/sh...084#post273084

I actually wanted to sign him, just not trade for him.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast