Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 83

Thread: Chiefs Crowd

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default Chiefs Crowd


    6 Not allowed!
    I would like to say a few things to everybody on the board:

    I didn't know I rubbed that many people the wrong way on this site, that was never my intention. I will admit that I have been too negative with this regime, even though I originally supported the hiring of Reid and Dorsey. In almost every post I talk about Alex Smith and I realize I have been quite critical of the qb, this has also upset some. I just want this team to do well, I really do. It upsets me that I see a talented team held back with what I believe to be a game manager. However, I do understand Smith is our quarterback atleast for the time being and in the future if I continue to post I promise to be more objective and far less critical.



    -MMO

  2. #61
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,096
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 752

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    If you're already thinking Fisher is a bust after his performance against the 49ers, what in the world would you be thinking about Geno after last weekend?
    Truth be told, the rest of the O-line looked even worse than Fisher did in that game. What happened was the Chiefs didn't go into that game against SF with any sort of a game plan & Fisher was playing hurt. Fisher looked healthier and played very well against Pittsburgh. He'll suffer from inexperience in his 1st year in the NFL from time to time. We'll know what we have with after his 2nd year.

  3. #62
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    613
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 70

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Gotta give fisher time to adjust sides he was an elite left tackle we moved him out of necessity our fault that we took him 1st overall if in fact he cannot compete at an NFL level. But then again Albert was still up in the air at that point we needed insurance

  4. #63
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    If this were any other draft I think most on here would have been with you on drafting a QB myself included. If Aaron Murray had entered the draft then I would have been all for getting him. But the fact is there just wasn't a QB worth the number 1 pick in this past draft. Will one pan out to being worth a 1st round pick outside of Manuel maybe there's a good chance of it happening it happens alot. But they couldn't risk it at 1 overall with this weak at the top draft class. Most years the guys going at the top this year would have gone later in the draft. We just got stuck with the 1st pick in the wrong year.

    As for Manuel looking better my question to you is did he go up against defense like the niners? The Niners d is STACKED some of there backups could start with other teams. You have talked about how good there D is yourself.

    And Smith hasn't looked bad at all. The niners CRUSHED the O line in every way. More then just Fisher. The O line was TERRIBLE that game to put it mildly. Smith got drilled on a quick screen right up the middle The offense hasn't put it together yet and that's what preseason is for. They were showing signs of getting together against a pretty good Steelers D so there's some hope.


    It's the same excuse almost every year. "There just isn't a quarterback worth it right now." Meanwhile we blow picks on players like Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson and Baldwin. We sure can try to get quality DL talent but a qb? That's far too risky. I don't remember Joe Flacco or Matt Ryan being a sure thing but it was obvious that the risk was worth it to those teams. So I ask, when is a qb going to be worth it? When it's the sure thing? I guarantee you we will never see a "sure thing" qb like Luck that comes along once every 10 years.

  5. #64
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Everyone hated the Tyson Jackson pick too. A Geno Smith pick would've been even worse. Their talents just don't warrant the high selection. At least Geno was drafted where he was valued... unlike Tyson Jackson.

  6. #65
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,327
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 58

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    WTF does who the owner, GM, and coach have to do with anything? The owner, GM, Coach has proven to be irrelevant. They all failed when it came to drafting QB's, in spite of many those QB's being decent prospects. Even Stanzi was a decent prospect & look what happened to him. Couldn't even beat Palko out for playing time.
    Aahhhhhhhhhhh! I am literally smacking my head right now--left hand, open palm, center of the forehead. WTF does the current owner, GM and head coach have to do with previous staff? You still haven't answered this question.

    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    That's my point. The Chiefs haven't done it -- making it irrelevant what other teams have done. ZERO for 17 since 1970 and when your success rate is that bad, you had damn well better be looking at other alternatives.
    The Chiefs haven't done it, so far. Give me one good reason why the current management can't do it going forward.

    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    How much you want to bet that a QB drafted by the current regime will have suffer the same fate of the previous 17 drafted by previous regimes.
    A million dollars. So far the current regime hasn't drafted a QB, so prove me wrong!

    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    The only thing that no regime has tried is drafting TWO QB's in the same draft -- which is why I suggested double-dipping at the QB position, if they drafted a QB in 2013 prior to the 2013 draft.
    Oh, I see. The Chiefs can't draft and develop a QB. So let's make that mistake twice in the same draft.

    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    WTF does [not winning a Super Bowl] have do with anything I mentioned about lack of success drafting QB's? There's was nothing in any of my posts to even remotely suggest any such thing.
    How is it any different? You say we shouldn't draft a QB because other past regimes have failed to draft and develop a QB even though other teams do it all the time. You have yet to tell me why this regime can't do it. The Chiefs haven't won a Super Bowl since 1969, but you say they should keep trying to do that, but they shouldn't try to draft and develop a QB. What's the difference?

    I want to understand why you hold this position, but I can't unless you give me an actual logical reason!
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 08-29-2013 at 12:58 AM.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

  7. #66
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,541
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 373
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    It's the same excuse almost every year. "There just isn't a quarterback worth it right now." Meanwhile we blow picks on players like Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson and Baldwin. We sure can try to get quality DL talent but a qb? That's far too risky. I don't remember Joe Flacco or Matt Ryan being a sure thing but it was obvious that the risk was worth it to those teams. So I ask, when is a qb going to be worth it? When it's the sure thing? I guarantee you we will never see a "sure thing" qb like Luck that comes along once every 10 years.
    Well most the time we haven't had the number 1 pick. Most the time the QBS high on the board are already off the board when it comes time for the Chiefs to pick.

    Flacco and Ryan were thought to have a chance to be good but you're right they were no sure thing. But they were also MUCH higher rated then any QB this year. There were a number of teams that needed a QB outside of the Chiefs most to a pass on them in round 1. That's just how this years QB class played out. Now maybe one of them makes all those GMs look stupid but right now we have nothing to say they are. But it's TO early to even think about that. And also Reid has liked Alex Smith for a while he wanted to trade for him in Philly he had his chance to get him because he thinks he fits his system. So we can just hope that it works out with Smith

    This team has made a number of mistakes in the draft. But those mistakes were not made by this management This managment at the moment hasn't made a mistake that we know of. Maybe they have and we will find that out but not yet.

  8. #67
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Everyone hated the Tyson Jackson pick too. A Geno Smith pick would've been even worse. Their talents just don't warrant the high selection. At least Geno was drafted where he was valued... unlike Tyson Jackson.


    Tyson Jackson was not valued at number 3.

    Concerning Geno Smith, he is labeled a bust after one pre season game? Shouldn't we give him the same amount of time Alex Smith was given? I dont know, about 6 years? I guess after Fisher's dreadful preseason we should label him a bust as well. RT=Playmaker.

  9. #68
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,096
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 752

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Aahhhhhhhhhhh! I am literally smacking my head right now--left hand, open palm, center of the forehead. WTF does the current owner, GM and head coach have to do with previous staff? You still haven't answered this question.
    I didn't say the current regime had anything with the previous ones. I said the failures have occurred regardless of the regime. Even with Don Klosterman, who had a track record few GM's could match when it came to evaluating talent, busted on Pete Beathard in 1963.

    And you didn't ask a question -- you made a statement to the effect that we still had the same regime in place as in 1970 & I never suggested such.

    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    The Chiefs haven't done it, so far. Give me one good reason why the current management can't do it going forward.
    They can try, but I already know the odds are against them. I'll believe in the success when I see it.

    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    A million dollars. So far the current regime hasn't drafted a QB, so prove me wrong!
    I already know they haven't drafted a QB...yet. I was suggesting if they do in the future & I suspect you were aware of what I was suggesting. So you ain't right about anything in that regard. Come place that bet in the future if they do draft a QB. I'll stake 500.00 if they draft just one QB in any future drafts ( not two ).

    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Oh, I see. The Chiefs can't draft and develop a QB. So let's make that mistake twice in the same draft.
    That's not what I'm saying or suggesting. I was suggesting the double-dip at QB because never before have they done this and perhaps by doing that, maybe they finally will hit on one of their QB choices & I stated that prior to the draft.

    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    How is it any different? You say we shouldn't draft a QB because other past regimes have failed to draft and develop a QB even though other teams do it all the time. You have yet to tell me why this regime can't do it. The Chiefs haven't won a Super Bowl since 1969, but you say they should keep trying to do that, but they shouldn't try to draft and develop a QB. What's the difference?

    I want to understand why you hold this position, but I can't unless you give me an actual logical reason!
    The difference is they actually have won a Super Bowl, but they haven't drafted & developed a QB and two don't really tie hand in hand. What round did the Chiefs draft Len Dawson in? Or Joe Montana? Or Rich Gannon? Or Trent Green? Or Alex Smith or Chase Daniel? None. And I'm suspecting from what we've seen already, that Smith and Daniel will play QB for the Chiefs better than anybody they've ever drafted. The previous four I mentioned before Smith and Daniel were the best QB's in Chiefs history.

    You have yet to tell me why you think the current regime can. People were singing the same song about the Pioli regime because of Tom Brady in NE prior to the 2011 draft & were all elated when he took Stanzi in spite of my warning them about the Chiefs history when it came to drafting QB's. Well, we saw what happened there. You can scoff just like they did, but you won't be able to say that somebody didn't tell you so, if they draft another QB and he busts just like the previous 17 have since 1970.

    A ZERO for 17 track record since 1970 is a logical reason, regardless if one wants to believe it or not.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 08-29-2013 at 02:31 AM.

  10. #69
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,393
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 61

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    So you will BAN a person for negative opinions? Seriously? A lot of stuff (not all) that MMH writes is actually true, and I agree with some of his points. A little diversity is good. If everybody had the same opinions, this site would be a pretty boring place to be. If you decide to ban MMH - then ban me too.
    To clear this up, disciplinary action taken by the mods at request by members are sometime taken to a discussion between the Mods and Site Owner. I have stood up for MMH/MMO in the past. To clear up any misunderstanding of my post, I am simply telling MMH, I am done standing up for him. I did not state I would ban unless needed by rules. But I would give an opinion to do so from complaints from members! I for one, am sick of the Negative slants of post, before the new season has begun.

  11. #70
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,327
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 58

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    You have yet to tell me why you think the current regime can.
    I don't know if they can or cannot because they haven't tried it, yet. You are the one who has stated categorically that they can't draft and develop a QB because others have failed. Clark Hunt is not Lamar Hunt. John Dorsey is not Scott Pioli and Andy Reid is not Todd Haley (Thank God!). They have nothing to do with previous staff. To say they can't draft and develop a QB is like saying the Chiefs can never win a Super Bowl because they went 2-14 last season. The past has nothing​ to do with the present!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. To the Chiefs Crowd!
    By tornadospotter in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-27-2010, 11:10 AM
  2. I think I'm safe at Chiefs Crowd now!
    By Connie Jo in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-28-2010, 08:13 PM
  3. Chiefs Crowd
    By tornadospotter in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 01:52 PM
  4. Looks like this guy has been reading the Chiefs Crowd.
    By hermhater in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 02:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •