Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Crowd

Default Chiefs Crowd

I would like to say a few things to everybody on the board:

I didn't know I rubbed that many people the wrong way on this site, that was never my intention. I will admit that I have been too negative with this regime, even though I originally supported the hiring of Reid and Dorsey. In almost every post I talk about Alex Smith and I realize I have been quite critical of the qb, this has also upset some. I just want this team to do well, I really do. It upsets me that I see a talented team held back with what I believe to be a game manager. However, I do understand Smith is our quarterback atleast for the time being and in the future if I continue to post I promise to be more objective and far less critical.

-MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    So you will BAN a person for negative opinions? Seriously? A lot of stuff (not all) that MMH writes is actually true, and I agree with some of his points. A little diversity is good. If everybody had the same opinions, this site would be a pretty boring place to be. If you decide to ban MMH - then ban me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    To clear this up, disciplinary action taken by the mods at request by members are sometime taken to a discussion between the Mods and Site Owner. I have stood up for MMH/MMO in the past. To clear up any misunderstanding of my post, I am simply telling MMH, I am done standing up for him. I did not state I would ban unless needed by rules. But I would give an opinion to do so from complaints from members! I for one, am sick of the Negative slants of post, before the new season has begun.
    TS is not suggesting that a ban would be in order simply for providing a varying point of view nor would anyone here ask that MMH "Homer" himself. What he is suggesting, if I understand him correctly, is that a constant non-stop barrage of negativity brings the entire board down and degrades the site experience. Factor in a barrage of member complaints and you have a situation that will compel the site leadership to take some kind of action.

Personally I don't dislike MMH, but personal feelings cannot factor into disciplinary action.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I don't know if they can or cannot because they haven't tried it, yet. You are the one who has stated categorically that they can't draft and develop a QB because others have failed. Clark Hunt is not Lamar Hunt. John Dorsey is not Scott Pioli and Andy Reid is not Todd Haley (Thank God!). They have nothing to do with previous staff. To say they can't draft and develop a QB is like saying the Chiefs can never win a Super Bowl because they went 2-14 last season. The past has nothing​ to do with the present!
    Incorrect. I didn't say they can't. I said the odds are stacked against them because of what's happened with this franchise historically regardless of who was in place. You are ripping things out of context. And you are singing the same song about the current regime as people were about the Pioli regime regarding the drafting of QB's. My analysis regarding this teams ZERO success at drafting QB's still stands & the new regime already went a different direction when it came to addressing the Chiefs QB situation, which I applaud them for. I also suspect they won't need to draft a QB for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Incorrect. I didn't say they can't. I said the odds are stacked against them because of what's happened with this franchise historically regardless of who was in place. You are ripping things out of context. And you are singing the same song about the current regime as people were about the Pioli regime regarding the drafting of QB's. My analysis regarding this teams ZERO success at drafting QB's still stands & the new regime already went a different direction when it came to addressing the Chiefs QB situation, which I applaud them for. I also suspect they won't need to draft a QB for quite some time.
    The thing I like is that I believe Alex is under contract for two years. So they are not completely tied to him for a long run should his last two years in San Fran be a result of San Fran and not Alex. So depending on how this year goes, they very well could be drafting a QB next year if the pick is there. If the chiefs do not go .500 they don't lose their second rounder. They may also find that Bray is a better QB than expected and find no need to draft a QB for at least another year.

I don't think that this teams past when it comes to drafting a QB had anything to do with why they didn't draft a QB. I think it had everything to do with this past draft was just the weakest QB class in years. If there had been a guy who anyone had the belief that he could be a franchise QB I think they would have gone that rout.

And people did start off very high on Pioli and there was a reason he had a good track record it didn't work out. That doesn't have anything to do with this new GM/Head coach combo. The sins of the past and the mistakes of the past probably have not even crossed there mind. NFL Gms have to have a confidence about them. They have to believe in themselves or they wouldn't get to where they are. In there minds they can find the guy. I have no doubt that's the same with Dorsey. He was just with a WEAK draft class at qb and he had a head coach who wanted 1 QB who he had wanted in the past.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    The thing I like is that I believe Alex is under contract for two years. So they are not completely tied to him for a long run should his last two years in San Fran be a result of San Fran and not Alex. So depending on how this year goes, they very well could be drafting a QB next year if the pick is there. If the chiefs do not go .500 they don't lose their second rounder. They may also find that Bray is a better QB than expected and find no need to draft a QB for at least another year.

Good point. Personally, I'd like to see the Alex Smith, Chase Daniel, and Tyler Bray triad work out to the extent that they don't need to draft a QB for a while and they can focus on other areas.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I don't think that this teams past when it comes to drafting a QB had anything to do with why they didn't draft a QB. I think it had everything to do with this past draft was just the weakest QB class in years. If there had been a guy who anyone had the belief that he could be a franchise QB I think they would have gone that rout.

And people did start off very high on Pioli and there was a reason he had a good track record it didn't work out. That doesn't have anything to do with this new GM/Head coach combo. The sins of the past and the mistakes of the past probably have not even crossed there mind. NFL Gms have to have a confidence about them. They have to believe in themselves or they wouldn't get to where they are. In there minds they can find the guy. I have no doubt that's the same with Dorsey. He was just with a WEAK draft class at qb and he had a head coach who wanted 1 QB who he had wanted in the past.
    Matt, I didn't say the teams history was why Dorsey/Reid didn't draft a QB -- they probably aren't even aware of it. What I said was I was glad that they went the route that they did, given the teams rotten luck historically when it comes to drafting QB's. My point is that the regime in place doesn't matter because the success rate is still the same -- ZERO. If this new regime does hit on a choice of a drafted QB, then great, but I'll believe it when I see it.

And I'm not giving over to MMH's BS theory that "the Chiefs have to draft and develop a QB or they won't go anywhere". There is nothing to substantiate that & I don't care if other teams have done it because what other teams do is irrelevant to what happens in KC.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Fair enough. That is EXACTLY what Alex Smith deserves....Once we get to about game 12 we can start arguing if he should stay or go.
    Hell, I thought thigpin was a terrible choice for a QB (and i remember some people thought we should of kept him going), but damn did i have fun watching his games lol

Also that's if he gets 12 games in, dude in injure prone

And people who say "geno threw 3 picks lulz", if that was a rookie QB that KC drafted, you'd say "Hey, he's a rookie and they'll make mistakes, better to make them now then later"

you may have overlooked a golden opportunity here to prove/disprove your arguments. we now have tyler bray who is a golden armed QB that needs developing. he mad it thru the first cut and by all accounts has made it onto the 53 man roster. maybe this new group can bring him along slowly and give us our franchise QB of the future. now don't go beating up on me I am not forecasting that I am only pointing out that the last few pages of posts about developing a young QB may apply to tyler. he certainly has the talent
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    ... we now have tyler bray who is a golden armed QB that needs developing...
    That's another thing the Chiefs have had bad luck with---quarterbacks named "Tyler!"

... Palko ... Thigpen ...
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    That's another thing the Chiefs have had bad luck with---quarterbacks named "Tyler!"

... Palko ... Thigpen ...
    Perhaps the third time will be a charm. Time will tell.

Good point. Personally, I'd like to see the Alex Smith, Chase Daniel, and Tyler Bray triad work out to the extent that they don't need to draft a QB for a while and they can focus on other areas.

Matt, I didn't say the teams history was why Dorsey/Reid didn't draft a QB -- they probably aren't even aware of it. What I said was I was glad that they went the route that they did, given the teams rotten luck historically when it comes to drafting QB's. My point is that the regime in place doesn't matter because the success rate is still the same -- ZERO. If this new regime does hit on a choice of a drafted QB, then great, but I'll believe it when I see it.

And I'm not giving over to MMH's BS theory that "the Chiefs have to draft and develop a QB or they won't go anywhere". There is nothing to substantiate that & I don't care if other teams have done it because what other teams do is irrelevant to what happens in KC.
    I'm not one on that you have to draft a QB thing myself. I have said this many times you just need to find the RIGHT QB. IF that through the draft Great if it's through the free agent market GREAT if that's through trade GREAT. If you get the right guy you can win. It's that simple. I hope the Chiefs have the right guy now. I hope Smith is the right guy. I'm sure he's better then what we saw last year but I don't know if Smith is good enough I hope to see he is but I will wait and see on that one.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast