Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dexter McCluster Unhappy With Role, Trade Possible?

Default Dexter McCluster Unhappy With Role, Trade Possible?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kansas-city-chiefs-dexter-mccluster-unhappy-role-trade-201300620.html
    COMMENTARY | There might not have been one player more elated about the arrival of Andy Reid to be the next head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs than Dexter McCluster.

Reid's version of the West Coast Offense was supposed to be the magic elixir to unchain the potential of the all-purpose back that was stymied by the previous regime. Besides, the Philadelphia Eagles were supposedly interested in taking McCluster in the second round of the 2010 NFL draft.

If not for Kansas City grabbing him with the 36th pick, the Reid-McCluster marriage would already be entering its fourth year. There is buzz, however, that the whole thing could be called off before the honeymoon takes place.

Danny Parkins of 610 Sports in Kansas City tweeted that McCluster is unhappy with his role thus far and that that team is exploring all options, including trading the wide receiver.

Parkins also went on to highlight that there are questions surrounding the illness that has kept McCluster out of practice since August 22, and that caused him to miss last Saturday's preseason win over the Pittsburgh Steelers. He also says that Reid is not happy as a result.

While just a rumor at this point, there are countless examples of players forcing their way into favorable situations. If that means Kansas City must trade McCluster to appease both sides, it would not come as a shock.

The goal is to obviously surround new starting quarterback Alex Smith with as many viable options in the passing game as possible, so trading McCluster would make little sense for a team that lacks depth at wide receiver. And with Tony Moeaki now sidelined with a shoulder injury, the tight end position is all of a sudden thin as well.

It was assumed that McCluster would play an integral role in the offense this season, so moving on from him now would clearly derail this team's progress -- progress that is necessary to further distance the Chiefs from last season's 2-14 debacle.

Last edited by Frankenchief; 08-27-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Mccluster tweeted that these rumors were bs so take it with a grain of salt
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I can't decide yet if that's good or bad. :)

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Mccluster tweeted that these rumors were bs so take it with a grain of salt
    Take a screenshot of the tweet and post the pic.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

He hasnt practice this week and miss sat game cuz of illness yet he posted pics of himself at celebrating his birthday at a pool. He cant be that ill if hes going out. That part makes me think theres skme truth to the story. Where there is smoke there usually is fire

I don't know what to make of this..............but I'm guessing he won't be a Chief in 2014 as his rookie contract will expire after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    He hasnt practice this week and miss sat game cuz of illness yet he posted pics of himself at celebrating his birthday at a pool. He cant be that ill if hes going out. That part makes me think theres skme truth to the story. Where there is smoke there usually is fire
    Why am I not seeing you post this picture?

Take a screenshot of the tweet
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Why am I not seeing you post this picture?

Take a screenshot of the tweet
    You can't look it up yourself? It took me less than 30 seconds to find it. Go to twitter.com and type "dexter mccluster" in the search box. Or just click on the link below.

"Believe none of what you HEAR and only half of what you SEE!" Too blessed and humble for nonsense! DMc Go Chiefs!
    https://twitter.com/dextermccluster/...49237411176449
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I dont use twitter

If we were to announce that we traded him for a 3rd round pick, I wouldn't be disappointed. Anything less and I would be disappointed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast