Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too bad, Donkeys fans

Default Too bad, Donkeys fans

This article tickles me:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-flacco-banner

All I got to say to Donkeys fans is:

TOO BAD, SUCKERS !! You ain't winning any SB's because you never did win any outright to begin with. You had them given to you in '97 and '98 as a going away present to Elway ( because he couldn't win the SB outright ), with the deck being stacked both years in the Donkeys favor ( being way illegally over the salary cap, the rotten officiating going in the Broncos favor in all the games, the illegal chop blocks and massive holding they got away with ) and everybody has seen what's happened since then with the Donkeys being forced to play on a level playing field like everyone else.

Wouldnt be a problem if the NFL didnt have there lips on donkeys backside to get manning on opening night since he couldnt earn it last year and once again choked in the playoffs
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

...Yeah because you 2 would just be okay with another QBs face all over KC that beat them in the playoffs....come on.

The reason this is happening is because the MLB did not back down from the NFL when they wanted to have Orioles play on another day. NFL is a business, of coarse they want Manning in primetime, he brings in the viewers which = $$$$$$

wasn't chop blocking legal back then and every game has a missed hold call (Jamal Charles run against the saints had a huge hold last year)
    Last edited by doobs_05; 08-28-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    ...Yeah because you 2 would just be okay with another QBs face all over KC that beat them in the playoffs....come on.

The reason this is happening is because the MLB did not back down from the NFL when they wanted to have Orioles play on another day. NFL is a business, of coarse they want Manning in primetime, he brings in the viewers which = $$$$$$

wasn't chop blocking legal back then and every game has a missed hold call (Jamal Charles run against the saints had a huge hold last year)
    The MLB didn't have to back down the NFL could have did what they did last year move the game to Wednesday when the Orioles are playing the Indians in Cleveland. (GO TRIBE) The NFL is giving this game to The Donkeys because they have had there lips on Mannings rear end for years for money. If the NFL to they could have given the superbowl champs there home opener they chose to instead kiss Mannings rear end even more
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Don't really care about another QB's face being shown. That happens on the jumbotron at Arrowhead during the game, anyway, and nobody is wanting the jumbotron removed, even with Elway's ugly face being displayed on it for many years. It's not like they're going to have Flacco's picture up there for every one of their games. It's only being done for a primetime nationally televised game one time.

And no, chopblocks were NOT legal in those days & please don't give me any lines of BS about missed holding calls, because what happened in '97 and '98 with Denver is that holding wasn't being missed, it was blatantly not being called and it was happening on just about every play. In ' 99 they were getting called for it & with them not being able to get away with it, opposing defenders were getting off their blockers and they beat Terrell Davis to a pulp and ended his career.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Don't really care about another QB's face being shown. That happens on the jumbotron at Arrowhead during the game, anyway, and nobody is wanting the jumbotron removed, even with Elway's ugly face being displayed on it for many years. It's not like they're going to have Flacco's picture up there for every one of their games. It's only being done for a primetime nationally televised game one time.

And no, chopblocks were NOT legal in those days & please don't give me any lines of BS about missed holding calls, because what happened in '97 and '98 with Denver is that holding wasn't being missed, it was blatantly not being called and it was happening on just about every play. In ' 99 they were getting called for it & with them not being able to get away with it, opposing defenders were getting off their blockers and they beat Terrell Davis to a pulp and ended his career.

Jumbo tron and having a rival QB (or QB that knocked you out of the playoffs) plastered all over town for over a week is two different things. And i'm pretty sure KC fans would get upset if this happen. Every team has that group of fans that would do it. Some denver fans think its dumb to get mad (which in one way it is because its to promote the opening game) but at the same time its okay to be upset because you shouldn't promote the other team all over town unless its just to say "come watch the home team play the away team".

And i dont think the NFL could schedule a game on Wednesday night because of tv deals and whatever (i could be wrong on that, Matt). And yes, like i said before, the nfl will kiss the *** of any player that brings in $$$$$$ (Rodgers, Brady, brees, Mannings x2)

Also Matt...Tribe fan.....95 was awesome, GO BRAVES !!!!!!

Jumbo tron and having a rival QB (or QB that knocked you out of the playoffs) plastered all over town for over a week is two different things. And i'm pretty sure KC fans would get upset if this happen. Every team has that group of fans that would do it. Some denver fans think its dumb to get mad (which in one way it is because its to promote the opening game) but at the same time its okay to be upset because you shouldn't promote the other team all over town unless its just to say "come watch the home team play the away team".

I highly doubt that we will ever see this scenario in KC. My original point was that this couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of fans. I've been around more than enough Donkeys fans to know how much class and integrity they have -- ZERO -- therefore I'm not about to give them any sympathy as they can find their sympathy located somewhere in the dictionary between the words "slime" and "syphilis".

And i dont think the NFL could schedule a game on Wednesday night because of tv deals and whatever (i could be wrong on that, Matt). And yes, like i said before, the nfl will kiss the *** of any player that brings in $$$$$$ (Rodgers, Brady, brees, Mannings x2)

Also Matt...Tribe fan.....95 was awesome, GO BRAVES !!!!!!
    They opened the year last season on a Wednesday night. Due to all the election conventions and everything on TV. So they can open on a Wednesday if they were willing to.

And the 95 world series was my first sports heartbreak Had this 11 year old at the time in tears but 97 was worse
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Here's another one that cracks me up:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...fans-for-quiet

Peyton wants Donkeys fans to be quiet. My suggestion? Hey Peyton, bring those Donkey fans a bale of hay & see if they'll eat it instead of having the concession stands peddle Coors beer to them.

Meah....Donkeys shmonkeys. Not fit to lick a Chiefs jockstrap anyway. Only 3 teams I care about.....the CHIEFS, those damned Raiders and those POS fish from Miami. Those last 2 I will hate until I die.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast