Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chase Daniel = Tyler Palko

Angry Chase Daniel = Tyler Palko

Oops I made a mistake. I meant to say Chase Daniel < Tyler Palko

Tyler Bray is still raw, so if Alex Smith goes down this season we are royally screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Croyle. Talk about a paper soldier going down in the wind or scarecrow.
    Yup! Zero wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Unfortunately with the points about Chase "looking OK" you have to consider that Tyler Palko occasionally "looked OK" too. They both look(ed) like college QBs trying to play the pro game.
    Uh, I am not a Daniels fan. I don't care for MU or any school in the midwest. I was also a seaon ticket holder who got to watch many many pre-season games. I can't tell you how many times we lost a game because some other teams back ups came in and cleaned house against a majority of our starters.

I am used to seeing our QB's get killed time and time again because our back up online was horrific and most of the time they were just trying to stay alive and not get killed. Daniels was pressured a whole bunch with back ups in there, but he still made plays which in the past never happened. He also made a lot of mistake holding on to the ball trying to make a play when he didn't have the time. That being said, it was great to see Tyler Bray dominate as a 3rd stringer. In the past by the time a 3rd stringer got in, we struggled to even complete a pass, yet alone 3 TD's.

It is nice for a change to see the Chiefs have a back up QB, go down the fields and score in a two minute drive against the starting defense of the Steelers. In previous years, I had zero confidence in any of our back ups to give us any chance to win a game if our starter went down, and Palko proved he was not that guy. I have confidence in Daniels and so do the Chiefs which is why they paid so much for him. However, I am also confident that Tyler Bray could also fill in for a few downs if need be.

Now it was just pre-season but for once, it was nice to know that we were pretty much set at QB and the back ups.

I have more confidence in bray than I do daniels.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post

Same

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Yeah, playing against third stringers no longer on the team will do that to a fan. Just as it did for Thigpen and Palko until they played starters and then reality set in.

Until I see Bray play against starters, I will keep my confidence in him at optomistically cautious. I do think that with a couple years on the bench may help him develop into a starter and very well could be a QBOTF, but could also be another back up who gets a huge contract to be a starter only to find out later it was the system not the QB.

Look at it this way. NY fans are debating on starting Brady Quinn instead of the name starter of Geno Smith, only because he is seasoned and knows how to play the game. They basically are saying ignore what he did in the past. He is a better option for the Jets. Would you choose Quinn over Daniels. I certainly wouldn't. If Daniels was on the Jets he may very well be a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Yeah, playing against third stringers no longer on the team will do that to a fan. Just as it did for Thigpen and Palko until they played starters and then reality set in.
    I remember people trying to make a case for Thiggy, comparing his numers to big bens

Yeah bray doesnt know everything daniels knows but bray has more wiggle room cuz he can throw into tighter areas where daniel cant. So daniel may knkw where tk throw it to faster but bray can throw it a bit later cuz he has the arms. So I still say bray is the better option. Plus im sure reid will know how to use bray to limit his mistakes or put bray in good situations.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    I remember people trying to make a case for Thiggy, comparing his numers to big bens
    In Thigpen's defense...He was third string when all that crud went down. Gailey and Thigpen basically made the best out of a bad situation, and switching the offense to a "pistol" style offense was what it took to finally get the most out of Thigpen. With this being said, although the numbers did improve on offense, it never translated into W's. Thigpen never did adapt well to a pro-style offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post

Until I see Bray play against starters, .....
    This is such an unfair statement. You completely disregard the fact that he was also playing WITH reserves and third stringers.

Also while we totally started the game with reserves the Pack had a few starters in their game early. I did not check, but I wouldn't be surprised if that trend created situations later in the game when our 3rds were playing against their 2nds. And Bray was still outshining everybody.

I'm also in the "cautious optimism" mode regarding Bray. But it has a lot less to do with his abilities than with his polish and degree of self confidence.
    Last edited by Frankenchief; 09-05-2013 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    This is such an unfair statement. You completely disregard the fact that he was also playing WITH reserves and third stringers.

Also while we totally started the game with reserves the Pack had a few starters in their game early. I did not check, but I wouldn't be surprised if that trend created situations later in the game when our 3rds were playing against their 2nds. And Bray was still outshining everybody.

I'm also in the "cautious optimism" mode regarding Bray. But it has a lot less to do with his abilities than with his polish and degree of self confidence.
    It is not unfair. There is a huge difference in the speed of the game when playing the very best against back ups. All Bray proved was that he was better than the competition he was facing. Until I can see him play with starters against Starters I can only be cautious optimism until he proves himself. However, until he does that I am not going to promote him above some one who did perform with Starters against starters.

I saw a lot I loved about Bray, and I am not dissing him. However, many people loved Stanzi and wanted to see him play last year only because he had yet to prove he didn't belong. Everyone loves the back up, until the time comes when they are called on.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast