Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chase Daniel = Tyler Palko

Angry Chase Daniel = Tyler Palko

Oops I made a mistake. I meant to say Chase Daniel < Tyler Palko

Tyler Bray is still raw, so if Alex Smith goes down this season we are royally screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    THIS. Agreed. Give Bray a year or so to soak up Reid's offense, and let the front office get some other pieces in place (Stellar wide reciever to complement Bowe, tight end that doesn't spend his career on the PUP list, another great tackle, guard or center...) and then let him challenge Daniels for #2.
    My only problem with this statement is that Bray is a pocket QB and right now the O is geared for a roll out one. Bray is at a disadvantage at this point. But if shows enough talent, maturity, and development I think Reid one of the best coaches in the NFL in readjusting his O to suit Bray's qualities.

Right now, if I'm Reid, I'd sit Bray down in a film room for hours every week watching Peyton Manning footage. Bray still plays a bit flat footed and relying on his strong arm does not put his entire body into the throwing motion. Manning - while just as limited as Bray in mobility - has live feet in the pocket all the time. His feet piston up and down constantly which helps him in his throws and when needing to step up (or away) in the pocket.

Not sure I'd call Reid's offense a "roll out" style offense, but regardless Bray is still pretty raw and will of course take some work. Not sure if he'd develop into Peyton Manning style QB (2-3 step drop and throw, always faking to the RB, which sets up a run later in the game) but instead look for him to be more like a McNabb style QB - Big, mobile when needed, big arm when needed, but usually catching RB's in the backfield.

About the Injury prone thing. I think this is one Issue that Myman brings up a very valid point. The facts are the facts and the fact is that only twice in Alex Smith's Career has Smith made it out for 16 games. But what we do have to keep in mind is that not all of those were due to injuries. They were due to the fact that Smith just wasn't getting the job done early in his career But it's definitely not a given that Smith is likely to make the whole season. Based on his past he has missed games. If that happens in KC then I think the Chiefs will be in a bit of trouble. If it's just a game he misses they could be ok but if Smith is out for a long period of time like most NFL teams the backup is the backup for a reason
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Bray seems to have the basic physical tools, raw as they still are. But he may have a Grbac-like immaturity. If I'm right with this (worst scenario) guess he will never amount to anything. Some people are immature to the core (Ryan Leaf anyone?), and some are just a product of some wildness of youth that they'll eventually come out of. For his sake and for the Chiefs sake let's hope Bray is the latter.
    Not really sure how to take this analyzes of Our Rookie Chief QB. So I will just say, he will be what he will be, and time will always tell. He is a Chief, so he is a NFL QB, that means he has the skill to make our team, a NFL Team. That being said, any player that makes a NFL Team is a far better athlete than any of us could even imagine to be! Bray is a Chief! That is enough for me now.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 09-01-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I'm calling bs. Nobody is worse than Tyler Palko. Period.
    You are exactly RIGHT!!!! OMG he was awful.

I'm going to defend MMO/MMH just a little. I think saying Alex Smith is "injury prone" is taking things a little far, but AS has not exactly been indestructable either. And I have to agree that should AS go down for any length of time we could could be in serious trouble. Both Daniels and Bray showed some sparks in preseason, but neither impressed me as being as being any sort of challenge to AS. So I think we all need to cross our fingers that AS stays healthy.

Well I didnt realize he didnt play a full season in his years besides the times he was benched which is not an injury. Injury wise all I heard of was concussion and shoulder Injury but yes we will be s.o.l. if smith gets injured.

It's interesting that AS's injury report comes up as issue now...after the off-season, after training camp, and after the preseason. Yes it would suck if AS goes down with an injury, but I'd bet there's a bunch of other NFL teams that could say the same thing about their starting QB's (NE? Denver? Indy?).

Until proven otherwise...In Reid I trust. Smith is our starting QB. If he's injury prone, we'll know soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I'm calling bs. Nobody is worse than Tyler Palko. Period.
    Brodie Croyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Brodie Croyle.
    Croyle. Talk about a paper soldier going down in the wind or scarecrow.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast