Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reuglar Season prediction

Default Reuglar Season prediction

So the offseason is just about over

Let's get our predictions out there, also i dont like that KC plays all the division games at the end (raiders week 6 being the exception), i think it should be, play them once early then the final weeks be the division games. Also its dumb that we play denver, play another team, then play denver, i need a longer cool down period (or denver fans do) after that game lol

@Jaguars - W
    Cowboys - L
    @Eagles - Toss Up, new coach and vick is till QB
    Giants - L
    @Titans - W
    Raiders - L (i don't care if raiders are the LULz of the NFL, we are 1-5 in the past 3 years against them)
    Texans - L
    Browns - Toss Up, I feel like the browns are moving up
    @Bills - Toss up, they have been playing us tough the past couple years, depends on the QB they have starting
    Bye
    @Broncos - L
    Chargers - L
    Broncos - W
    @Redskins - Toss Up (RG3's Knee, Cousins that good)
    @Raiders - W
    Colts - Toss up, Was Indy a fluke last year or were they for real
    @Chargers - W

The most i could see is 10 wins, the least i could see is 5

Some of you will agree, most won't, and i always make the chiefs go 3-3 in the AFC West because the AFC West just know each other too well (even if its a given that its a win.)

I predict a 8 and 8. However, I see us getting better in the second half of the season. Fisher will be catching on, Albert is needing to look good as he will be looking for big money, Alex Smith should be getting more time and the Wrs and him will be getting a groove going. The TEs will be blocking better, and our run game will come alive. And best of all, 5 out of the six divisional games will be in our last seven games. The cons is, our opponents will be on to our special teams by then.

I couldn't even begin to do a game by game prediction. Too much is new and there is always that "any given Sunday" thing going on. I am looking for us to struggle early with a new QB, coach and offensive scheme. But by game 7 I figure we are getting it all together. Worst case we go 5-11. Best case 10-6 or if we get some serious breaks then 11-5. With all the division game coming late in the season, I can see us sweeping our division games except for maybe 1 loss to Denver.

Andy Reid is going to crush the eagles because of revenge my guess is he dresses out in full uniform and pads and knocks a few heads himself...

I won't make any predictions. I just want the Chiefs go out and play football this season & try to compete and win games -- something they did not do last year. Last year we saw a political zoo under Pioli/Crennel. This year I want to see a football team under Dorsey/Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I won't make any predictions.
    I will!

Before I do I just wanna say that if we win or 6 or more games I will consider this game a success. In fact I would be very happy to see the Chiefs go 6-10 this year, 10-6 next year and make a run at the Super Bowl in 2015.

I think that those who are predicting 5 or 6 wins are failing to take into account how big a role special teams, a "ball control" offense, and changes from last year to the teams we play will have on the success of the Chiefs, this year. Special teams alone, with improved field position, and a couple of returns for touchdowns can win us two games, this season. This offense looks to be much improved at not turning the ball over and by sustaining drives with our running game and short passes we will keep powerful offenses on the sideline and keep our defense fresh. Having a positive turnover ratio is the single most important factor in winning. If our defense can force fumbles and get interceptions (and I believe they can), that translates to 2 or 3 extra wins.

I've broken down our opponents into groups.

Division Games:
    Denver will be good this year, but not as good as last year. Champ is a year older, Dumerville is gone and Von Miller will be suspended for the first 6 games. Their running game and o-line are both suspect. Oakland is a mess. They have NO defense, no running game and no quarterback! Matt Flynn couldn't even win the starting job over Terrell Pryor. In San Diego, Rivers is on the downside of his career and his o-line can't keep him upright. We always play the Chargers tough anyway.

I see us splitting with the Broncos, winning at home on the strength of special teams and turnovers. We sweep the other 4 games.
    Record: 5-1

Against the AFC South:
    The Colts played inspired football last year after their head coach was diagnosed with cancer and Andrew Luck looks like a true franchise QB. I don't expect them to be as good this year, but they may still be a step ahead of the Chiefs. Houston is a very good team with few glaring weakness. Fortunately, we play both these teams at home and may be able to steal a game. If our blocking holds up early the Jags and Titans should be no problem.
    Record: 2-2

Against the NFC North:
    This is a good division, but not as good as it use to be. The Eagles are a hot mess and can't figure out who to start at QB. Reid will be highly motivated to give them a whipping and should be able to put together a good game plan against a team he is highly familiar with. The Giants are very good and I expect them to give us trouble with a lot of blitzes. The 'Skins are tough to figure out. How will RG3 perform after his injury? Will he even be on the field in week 14? With Cousins and Grossman backing him up, they have a lot of depth at QB and we play them in DC, so that could be a tough game, but I see our offense rolling in full stride by then. So that game is a toss-up. You can never tell what you are going to get with the Cowboys, but you can count on Romo to throw away a few games each year. I think the "Thunderhead" crowd will rattle him and we steal a win at home. I think we beat the Eagles, lose to the Giants and beat either the 'Skins or 'Boys.
    Record:2-2

Strength of schedule equalizer games:
    Cleveland and Buffalo. Sweep. We get both these teams back-to-back in weeks 8 and 9 and should be playing will by then. I know our history is not good with the Bills, but this is the year we turn it around. They are starting some undrafted free agent Tool at QB and I know we can stop their running game. That's all they got. (No seriously, the starting QBs name is Tool!)
    Record:2-0

Add it up and you get 11-5. Now, every year we lose a couple we should win and/or win one or two we should lose, so I think 9-7 or 10-6 is a bit more realistic. It's really to early to say but I am optimistic about this season.
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 08-31-2013 at 12:16 PM.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I won't make any predictions. I just want the Chiefs go out and play football this season & try to compete and win games -- something they did not do last year. Last year we saw a political zoo under Pioli/Crennel. This year I want to see a football team under Dorsey/Reid.
    I'm SOOOOO thankful the 2012 season is done and over. Made Herm's last season here look like an ice cream social.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    I'm SOOOOO thankful the 2012 season is done and over. Made Herm's last season here look like an ice cream social.
    Flippin-A right it did. At least the 2008 squad tried to compete. They were victimized by youth and rotten luck. The 2012 squad looked like they just flat out quit -- especially the front office and coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I will!

Before I do I just wanna say that if we win or 6 or more games I will consider this game a success. In fact I would be very happy to see the Chiefs go 6-10 this year, 10-6 next year and make a run at the Super Bowl in 2015.

I think that those who are predicting 5 or 6 wins are failing to take into account how big a role special teams, a "ball control" offense, and changes from last year to the teams we play will have on the success of the Chiefs, this year. Special teams alone, with improved field position, and a couple of returns for touchdowns can win us two games, this season. This offense looks to be much improved at not turning the ball over and by sustaining drives with our running game and short passes we will keep powerful offenses on the sideline and keep our defense fresh. Having a positive turnover ratio is the single most important factor in winning. If our defense can force fumbles and get interceptions (and I believe they can), that translates to 2 or 3 extra wins.

I've broken down our opponents into groups.

Division Games:
    Denver will be good this year, but not as good as last year. Champ is a year older, Dumerville is gone and Von Miller will be suspended for the first 6 games. Their running game and o-line are both suspect. Oakland is a mess. They have NO defense, no running game and no quarterback! Matt Flynn couldn't even win the starting job over Terrell Pryor. In San Diego, Rivers is on the downside of his career and his o-line can't keep him upright. We always play the Chargers tough anyway.

I see us splitting with the Broncos, winning at home on the strength of special teams and turnovers. We sweep the other 4 games.
    Record: 5-1

Against the AFC South:
    The Colts played inspired football last year after their head coach was diagnosed with cancer and Andrew Luck looks like a true franchise QB. I don't expect them to be as good this year, but they may still be a step ahead of the Chiefs. Houston is a very good team with few glaring weakness. Fortunately, we play both these teams at home and may be able to steal a game. If our blocking holds up early the Jags and Titans should be no problem.
    Record: 2-2

Against the NFC North: (EAST?)
    This is a good division, but not as good as it use to be. The Eagles are a hot mess and can't figure out who to start at QB. Reid will be highly motivated to give them a whipping and should be able to put together a good game plan against a team he is highly familiar with. The Giants are very good and I expect them to give us trouble with a lot of blitzes. The 'Skins are tough to figure out. How will RG3 perform after his injury? Will he even be on the field in week 14? With Cousins and Grossman backing him up, they have a lot of depth at QB and we play them in DC, so that could be a tough game, but I see our offense rolling in full stride by then. So that game is a toss-up. You can never tell what you are going to get with the Cowboys, but you can count on Romo to throw away a few games each year. I think the "Thunderhead" crowd will rattle him and we steal a win at home. I think we beat the Eagles, lose to the Giants and beat either the 'Skins or 'Boys.
    Record:2-2

Strength of schedule equalizer games:
    Cleveland and Buffalo. Sweep. We get both these teams back-to-back in weeks 8 and 9 and should be playing will by then. I know our history is not good with the Bills, but this is the year we turn it around. They are starting some undrafted free agent Tool at QB and I know we can stop their running game. That's all they got. (No seriously, the starting QBs name is Tool!)
    Record:2-0

Add it up and you get 11-5. Now, every year we lose a couple we should win and/or win one or two we should lose, so I think 9-7 or 10-6 is a bit more realistic. It's really to early to say but I am optimistic about this season.
    The Lions, your Bears, Packers, and Vikes are the North and we know you know that...Just keeping you honest, Roy :)

Good catch, AKChief49. I still think of the NFC North as the NFC Central and the NFC East (except for Dallas) should be the NFC Northeast!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Chiefs will win every game they win!!!!!!!!!!!! The new season is starting..... Get fired up for the new season!!!!!!!!! To heck with predictions, just get excited about a new season!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12