Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Job Coach

Default Good Job Coach

This may surprise folks, but I am saying to you Coach Edwards, Good Job, you managed the team into a victory, which is what you are suppose to do. It doesn't have to be a run away, it doesn't even have to be pretty, it must be a win, and you were successful, congratulations on a job well done. Managing a Pro Team is not the easiest job in the world, and winning the game keeps us in the hunt for a playoff spot, plus Trent made it through the game, and even though we were without some key players, you managed a win, So thanks Coach, good luck Thursday against the Bronco's, in fact if you figure out a game plan that :hammer: The bronco's you will make this old Chief Fan very happy!

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Broncos!!

8-) :pint:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Default Re: Good Job Coach

kenny1937 wrote:
    This may surprise folks, but I am saying to you Coach Edwards, Good Job, you managed the team into a victory, which is what you are suppose to do. It doesn't have to be a run away, it doesn't even have to be pretty, it must be a win, and you were successful, congratulations on a job well done. Managing a Pro Team is not the easiest job in the world, and winning the game keeps us in the hunt for a playoff spot, plus Trent made it through the game, and even though we were without some key players, you managed a win, So thanks Coach, good luck Thursday against the Bronco's, in fact if you figure out a game plan that :hammer: The bronco's you will make this old Chief Fan very happy!

I'm glad it was a win; they need to open up the offense a little more. I know we were with out Gonzo, and I commend Coach Edwards for the gutsy fourth down call; Marty would have punted, but the ultra conservative offensive play calling nearly cost us the game. The defense did a great job holding the Faders to only thirteen points, and Page made a game saving interception in the end zone.

Chiefster wrote:
    kenny1937 wrote:

I'm glad it was a win; they need to open up the offense a little more. I know we were with out Gonzo, and I commend Coach Edwards for the gutsy fourth down call; Marty would have punted, but the ultra conservative offensive play calling nearly cost us the game. The defense did a great job holding the Faders to only thirteen points, and Page made a game saving interception in the end zone.
    Yeah but Herm will just throw Solari under the bus for that.

I would have shot Herm if he hadn't gone for it on 4th down. At least he showed he CAN make the right decision when it counts.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

I am with Guru here. I don't think it was a gutsy call, to go for it on fourth down. It was the obvious choice.

I was rather salty about the play-calling after the first half. Because of the nine passing yards. You can read into my frustration in the "gametime chat" room. If Trent is ready to play, then play him. If he isn't, then sit him. I don't want to be playing conservatively. Either play the game with confidence in Trent, or play Huard.

It isn't a lack of confidence in either QB, it is a lack of Offensive line. injuries have thinned an already enept line something which only Mr. Peterson can do anything about. Teams with adequate offensive lines can open up their playbook, without having their QB thrown to the ground play after play. The Conservative play calling is because that is the only way to protect either QB with the current personal. In everyday workplace jobs, either you improve performance or the company drops you and finds some one who will meet their needs. In the life of a Chief Fan it is suffer with the team as is, and hope that next draft or free agency can fill the voids. With a few key individuals healing up and possibly available for the Denver game, the caoches can open the playbook a little more, but the bottom line is Coaches don't play ball games, Players play ballgames, and though the coach bears the brunt of the anger for lost ball games, they can only do with what management aka MR. Carl Peterson provides for them. So Herm and coaches, get your heads together and come up with a game plan that will give us a chance against Denver.

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

Guru wrote:

Yeah but Herm will just throw Solari under the bus for that.
    True, but it would have no validity, because the ultimate decision in that situation rests solely in the hands of the head coach.

Guru wrote:

I would have shot Herm if he hadn't gone for it on 4th down. At least he showed he CAN make the right decision when it counts.

Yup!

chief31 wrote:
    I am with Guru here. I don't think it was a gutsy call, to go for it on fourth down. It was the obvious choice.

I was rather salty about the play-calling after the first half. Because of the nine passing yards. You can read into my frustration in the "gametime chat" room. If Trent is ready to play, then play him. If he isn't, then sit him. I don't want to be playing conservatively. Either play the game with confidence in Trent, or play Huard.
    Marty would have punted.

chief31 wrote:

I popped in the gametime chat for about 10 minutes but nobody was online. What quarter were you there and when did you leave?

One of these times 2 of us might actually be in there at the same time.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

OK Coach, Turkey Day has arrived, I ordered the nfl+ channel so I could see the game, so don't let the wrong team off the Plane, Train, or Bus, or even make the trip, get the right guys out there, and coupled with your outstanding game plan, it will be rocking and rolling in my living room as children, grandchildren and great grandchildren will all be hollering and stomping for the Chiefs. (I raised them right) (grin). So please Coach, do this and let's give that playoff run a chance, Couting on ya!

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

kenny1937 wrote:
    OK Coach, Turkey Day has arrived, I ordered the nfl+ channel so I could see the game, so don't let the wrong team off the Plane, Train, or Bus, or even make the trip, get the right guys out there, and coupled with your outstanding game plan, it will be rocking and rolling in my living room as children, grandchildren and great grandchildren will all be hollering and stomping for the Chiefs. (I raised them right) (grin). So please Coach, do this and let's give that playoff run a chance, Couting on ya!

Well since it's at Arrowhead; just make sure the right team comes out of the locker room.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast