Jacksonville Jaguars

Sunday, September 8, Noon CDT
    at
    EverBank Field

Television coverage:
    CBS

Watch online:

***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

To everyone who started freaking out at the very beginning, seriously, shut up. There isn't a team in the league that can be accurately judged by their first few possessions of the ball or really even the first game. I can't believe how pathetic some Chiefs fan are. Are you so accustomed to disappointment that you start trash talking our team after a few series? Man...some of these guys are embarrassing. That being said, I don't think anyone expects us to win the Superbowl or anything, but if we can finish above .500 we are on our way to being contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    While the offense hasn't been amazing today, I see nothing to complain about. They have scored 3 touchdowns. Yeah it's against the Jags, but compared to last year I'm pretty pleased so far. If this was halfway through the season I'd be a bit more disappointed but I'm OK with what I've seen so far.
    The problem I'm having is they're not making the basic plays work in the 2nd half & they've been sloppy. You can't do that against the league's better teams & the Chiefs aren't always going to have the luxury of a 3 TD lead. The Defense may become top 5 as the season progresses & if the Offense can match the defense in efficiency, then you could be looking at a possible post-season run.

3 tds from offense should be good enought to win alot kf games.

Well at least we pushed them out of our end of the field. Good job D!!!!

Coming into this season, the Jags were expected to be in the running for the first pick in next year's draft. The Chiefs have been up 3 TDs since the first quarter. Do y'all think the Chiefs are showing everything on offense... especially since the Jags have JUST crossed the 50 for the first time all day? Could the effeciency be a little better on offense? Sure. But this is the first game of the season and the play-calling has been pretty conservative the entire 2nd half.

Leave it to some on this board to STILL be complaining with a 26pt lead in the 4th quarter of the 1st game, a season AFTER which the Chiefs only won 2 games.

PERSPECTIVE.
    Last edited by texaschief; 09-08-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Nice play Daniels.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    We just haven't done much on offense. Two of the three scores we have had were "drives" from the opposing team's 20 yardline. The other possessions have ended in punts.
    I'll still take this over Geno Smith running backwards 30 yards every time he gets pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefinItUp View Post
    To everyone who started freaking out at the very beginning, seriously, shut up. There isn't a team in the league that can be accurately judged by their first few possessions of the ball or really even the first game. I can't believe how pathetic some Chiefs fan are. Are you so accustomed to disappointment that you start trash talking our team after a few series? Man...some of these guys are embarrassing. That being said, I don't think anyone expects us to win the Superbowl or anything, but if we can finish above .500 we are on our way to being contenders.
    Lol.. practice squad

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    The problem I'm having is they're not making the basic plays work in the 2nd half & they've been sloppy. You can't do that against the league's better teams & the Chiefs aren't always going to have the luxury of a 3 TD lead. The Defense may become top 5 as the season progresses & if the Offense can match the defense in efficiency, then you could be looking at a possible post-season run.
    I hear you, but remember....new QB, new coach, lots of new players....takes a while for them to jell.

I hope we get better just a little each game cuz we will continue to suprise. If we come out and and.be all great we wont have the element of suprise.