Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142 LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 417

Thread: Official In Game Thread - Chiefs at Jaguars - 9/8

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,193
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 180
    Given: 56

    Default Official In Game Thread - Chiefs at Jaguars - 9/8


    2 Not allowed!
    Kansas City Chiefs

    @

    Jacksonville Jaguars

    Sunday, September 8, Noon CDT
    at
    EverBank Field

    Television coverage:
    CBS

    Watch online:

    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

  2. #391
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,373
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 332
    Given: 71

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    You and I both know we aren't a 2-14 team, Jax is a 2-14 team. We won the division in 10, were one game away in 11 and then had Romeo and Daboll in command in 12.
    You can have all the talent in the world but you are still what your record says you are. When you fall to 2-14 you have more then 1 problem you have a lot of them. Chances are that you're not going to fix them all in one offseason. The Chiefs made alot of gains in this offseason. But for any team getting 4x the amount of wins is not easy task. For Smith to do that would be a giant step in the right direction. And would be a big step and proving he was worth the price we paid for him. But when judging the trade you have to look at what he'll do in his whole time in KC. Not just 1 season.

  3. #392
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    You can have all the talent in the world but you are still what your record says you are. When you fall to 2-14 you have more then 1 problem you have a lot of them. Chances are that you're not going to fix them all in one offseason. The Chiefs made alot of gains in this offseason. But for any team getting 4x the amount of wins is not easy task. For Smith to do that would be a giant step in the right direction. And would be a big step and proving he was worth the price we paid for him. But when judging the trade you have to look at what he'll do in his whole time in KC. Not just 1 season.

    Well, he is only signed for 2 seasons. This year will be the year to decide if they want to re-sign him or not.

  4. #393
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Irrelevant. The Bucs didn't win the game. And it doesn't mean Geno would have any success in KC, if they had drafted him. I'll bet he'd end up going the same route that Stanzi did.

    That's right, a rookie qb helped beat them. You're trying to predict what kind of player he will be, first after one pre season game and now after one regular season game. It's going to be a process, he is only a rookie quarterback. Very rarely do rookie quarterbacks look like studs in their first year. But so far so good for Geno.

    If they were to take him high as the Jets did they would have tried to develop him. He wasn't a reject late round pick like Stanzi was.

  5. #394
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,806
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 465
    Given: 680

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Well, he is only signed for 2 seasons. This year will be the year to decide if they want to re-sign him or not.
    No it won't. I'll bet that decision doesn't come down until late 2014 at the earliest.

  6. #395
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    No it won't. I'll bet that decision doesn't come down until late 2014 at the earliest.

    This year will be a good indication as to what he can do. The Niners let him shop around the league after his successful 2011 season. But you and I both know I will be praying to draft a franchise qb.

  7. #396
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,373
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 332
    Given: 71

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    No it won't. I'll bet that decision doesn't come down until late 2014 at the earliest.

    Indeed we have the entire lenght of his contract to make that decision if they already feel that they should resign him after this season then I would think that's a good sign

  8. #397
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,373
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 332
    Given: 71

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    This year will be a good indication as to what he can do. The Niners let him shop around the league after his successful 2011 season. But you and I both know I will be praying to draft a franchise qb.

    I know you will because no matter what Smith Does he won't be good enough for you. You've proven that. Smith threw 2 tds no turnovers controlled the offense they held the ball most the game helping the d. But you go on about Yards and YPC

  9. #398
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I know you will because no matter what Smith Does he won't be good enough for you. You've proven that. Smith threw 2 tds no turnovers controlled the offense they held the ball most the game helping the d. But you go on about Yards and YPC


    My requirements for approval are in your other thread. We'll see how he performs during this 3 game stretch. He will need to play a lot better to beat a team like the Cowboys.

  10. #399
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,806
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 465
    Given: 680

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    This year will be a good indication as to what he can do. The Niners let him shop around the league after his successful 2011 season. But you and I both know I will be praying to draft a franchise qb.
    And you'll be praying to the porcelain goddess & ultimately throwing up inside her when it doesn't happen.

  11. #400
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    And you'll be praying to the porcelain goddess & ultimately throwing up inside her when it doesn't happen.

    And when we're stuck at 8-8 for eternity.

Similar Threads

  1. Official Chiefs Vs. Broncos Game Day Thread 11-25-11
    By TopekaRoy in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 11-28-2012, 12:52 AM
  2. Official Chiefs vs. Bengals Game Day Thread 11-18-12
    By TopekaRoy in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 11:35 AM
  3. Official Chiefs vs. Falcons Game Day Thread 9-9-12
    By TopekaRoy in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 291
    Last Post: 09-09-2012, 08:46 PM
  4. Official Chiefs (6-8) vs. Raiders (7-7) Game Day Thread
    By TopekaRoy in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 341
    Last Post: 12-27-2011, 07:11 PM
  5. ***Official Chiefs vs Jaguars Game Thread***
    By Chiefster in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 08:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •