Jacksonville Jaguars

Sunday, September 8, Noon CDT
    at
    EverBank Field

Television coverage:
    CBS

Watch online:

***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    You didn't do that with Fisher you bashed him the PRESEASON Double standard much

I said he didn't play well. He looked pretty good today.

Geno didn't win that game bud..a dumb play by a 2nd year guy won it. And he stood on side line with arms up like he's Jesus. Wouldn't surprise me if ends up in prison like Vick or hernandez. Just a punk IMO and almost everyone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    TexasChief give the rookie who made his first start and performed well with pretty much no offensive help some props and we can move on.

That's all I want.
    Dude... if that's the performance they want from their QB and the kinds of wins they're happy with, why in the hell did they get rid of Tim Tebow?? lol

But, like Tebow... the only thing that matters is the win. In a quick recap, however, I'd like to point out that in the scoring drive that allowed him to throw a TD pass, he was bailed out with 2 15 yard penalties against the defensive secondary who tee'd off on WR's he hung out to dry with poorly thrown passes. He also ran backwards for a total of 45 yards because a little pressure flusters him. On the winning drive, he scambled for 20 yards and then again, the refs gave him another 15 yards to barely get his kicker into field goal position.

Great job, Geno. Happy?

I said he didn't play well. He looked pretty good today.
    You singled him out when the whole line played bad against the niners and went on and on about him. Now you want you're guy to get a Fair chance? Again double standard but lets move on

I'll give Geno props he won his first start. He helped put his team in position to win.

Now can you give Alex Smith some props OUR Qb? I grant you the offense didn't move the ball much at all but unlike the past we didn't settle for 3 when we were in the redzone. Isn't that a step in the right direction for a QB in his first start with a new team in a new offense why not give Alex Smith some props? You don't have to say he played great but give him some credit
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Dude... if that's the performance they want from their QB and the kinds of wins they're happy with, why in the hell did they get rid of Tim Tebow?? lol

But, like Tebow... the only thing that matters is the win. In a quick recap, however, I'd like to point out that in the scoring drive that allowed him to throw a TD pass, he was bailed out with 2 15 yard penalties against the defensive secondary who tee'd off on WR's he hung out to dry with poorly thrown passes. He also ran backwards for a total of 45 yards because a little pressure flusters him. On the winning drive, he scambled for 20 yards and then again, the refs gave him another 15 yards to barely get his kicker into field goal position.

Great job, Geno. Happy?

I would like to know what you expect out of a rookie in his first start. You don't think he played well?

I would like to know what you expect out of a rookie in his first start. You don't think he played well?
    I expect him to be everything you hyped him up to be.

I expect him to be everything you hyped him up to be.

Admit it TexasChief,

Geno exceeded your expectations of disaster today. He played well and hopefully he will have a bright career.

I'm much happier with the more productive QB for less cost. Thank God we got the right Smith.

Admit it TexasChief,

Geno exceeded your expectations of disaster today. He played well and hopefully he will have a bright career.
    He was EXACTLY what I expected him to be. If that performance exceeded your expectations, your QB analysis is worse than I previously thought.

I'm much happier with the more productive QB for less cost. Thank God we got the right Smith.

For this year Alex is probably the right choice. But career wise, I expect Geno to be the better product.