Jacksonville Jaguars

Sunday, September 8, Noon CDT
    at
    EverBank Field

Television coverage:
    CBS

Watch online:

***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Weather forecast: 88 degrees, mostly sunny

Line: Chiefs -4, Over/Under: 42

Notable Quotables:
    Chiefs:

"I felt very good about Tyler and the way he performed. Does he have room to grow? Absolutely, and that's what's exciting about the whole thing. He handled what we threw at him; he executed well and had a knack for throwing the football." -- Chiefs head coach Andy Reid on rookie quarterback Tyler Bray.

Jaguars:
    "Obviously I know a little bit about them. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it," -- quarterback Ricky Stanzi, who was claimed after the Chiefs cut him. He is expected to brief the Jaguars on the Chiefs tendencies.

ESPN Game Preview:
    Andy Reid and Alex Smith each proved that previous success means little in the what-have-you-done-for-me-lately NFL, but the Kansas City Chiefs are banking on them to help usher in a bright future for a franchise that has missed the playoffs five of the last six seasons.

The excitement is tempered for the Jacksonville Jaguars, who are more focused on basic improvement after undergoing an overhaul of their own.

Reid and Smith make their regular-season debuts for Kansas City, which visits a Jacksonville team unsure if quarterback Blaine Gabbert will be healthy enough to start the opener Sunday.

After nine postseason berths, five NFC championship games and one Super Bowl appearance in his previous 13 years, Reid was let go by Philadelphia after a disappointing 4-12 campaign in 2012.

He wasn't out of work long, though, as Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt hired Reid in early January.

"I sincerely mean this -- he's having more fun," said new general manager John Dorsey, hired about a week after Reid to replace Scott Pioli. "I see a more vibrant person. I see Andy, the coach I used to know."

Two months later, Dorsey, who served with Reid on Green Bay's coaching staff in the 1990s, traded a second-round pick and a 2014 conditional draft choice to San Francisco to bring in Smith as the team's new quarterback. After nine starts last season, Smith led the NFL with a 70.0 completion percentage and ranked third with a 104.1 passer rating before suffering a concussion, paving the way for Colin Kaepernick to take over.

Kaepernick led the 49ers to the Super Bowl, and suddenly Smith became expendable.

Continued below ...
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 09-08-2013 at 02:50 AM.

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Go Chiefs !!!

"Listen, I thought (coach) Jim (Harbaugh) did a nice job with (Smith) out in San Francisco," Reid said. "But here, everybody's on board. I'm asking him to do a ton of things and he's handling it."

For some reason the editor won't let me post the rest of the article. I think it has something to do with my slow internet connection. Click on the link to read the rest of it.

It's game day!!! Go Chiefs. Thanks Topeka for starting the game day thread.

today the hurt factory opens for business
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Payback time !!

Game day!
    Half hour away from the stadium.Chiefs flag blowing in the wind.
    Go Chiefs!

Wow. The Jags are starting Blaine Gabbert at QB. How can he throw the ball with a broken thumb? And their best WR, Justin Blackman is suspended for violating the substance abuse policy. Expect to see a heavy dose of Maurice Jones-Drew. And Chad Henne in the 2nd half.

Chiefs 28
    Jags 13

Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast