Jacksonville Jaguars

Sunday, September 8, Noon CDT
    at
    EverBank Field

Television coverage:
    CBS

Watch online:

***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    You and I both know we aren't a 2-14 team, Jax is a 2-14 team. We won the division in 10, were one game away in 11 and then had Romeo and Daboll in command in 12.
    You can have all the talent in the world but you are still what your record says you are. When you fall to 2-14 you have more then 1 problem you have a lot of them. Chances are that you're not going to fix them all in one offseason. The Chiefs made alot of gains in this offseason. But for any team getting 4x the amount of wins is not easy task. For Smith to do that would be a giant step in the right direction. And would be a big step and proving he was worth the price we paid for him. But when judging the trade you have to look at what he'll do in his whole time in KC. Not just 1 season.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    You can have all the talent in the world but you are still what your record says you are. When you fall to 2-14 you have more then 1 problem you have a lot of them. Chances are that you're not going to fix them all in one offseason. The Chiefs made alot of gains in this offseason. But for any team getting 4x the amount of wins is not easy task. For Smith to do that would be a giant step in the right direction. And would be a big step and proving he was worth the price we paid for him. But when judging the trade you have to look at what he'll do in his whole time in KC. Not just 1 season.

Well, he is only signed for 2 seasons. This year will be the year to decide if they want to re-sign him or not.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Irrelevant. The Bucs didn't win the game. And it doesn't mean Geno would have any success in KC, if they had drafted him. I'll bet he'd end up going the same route that Stanzi did.

That's right, a rookie qb helped beat them. You're trying to predict what kind of player he will be, first after one pre season game and now after one regular season game. It's going to be a process, he is only a rookie quarterback. Very rarely do rookie quarterbacks look like studs in their first year. But so far so good for Geno.

If they were to take him high as the Jets did they would have tried to develop him. He wasn't a reject late round pick like Stanzi was.

Well, he is only signed for 2 seasons. This year will be the year to decide if they want to re-sign him or not.
    No it won't. I'll bet that decision doesn't come down until late 2014 at the earliest.

No it won't. I'll bet that decision doesn't come down until late 2014 at the earliest.

This year will be a good indication as to what he can do. The Niners let him shop around the league after his successful 2011 season. But you and I both know I will be praying to draft a franchise qb.

Indeed we have the entire lenght of his contract to make that decision if they already feel that they should resign him after this season then I would think that's a good sign
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

This year will be a good indication as to what he can do. The Niners let him shop around the league after his successful 2011 season. But you and I both know I will be praying to draft a franchise qb.

I know you will because no matter what Smith Does he won't be good enough for you. You've proven that. Smith threw 2 tds no turnovers controlled the offense they held the ball most the game helping the d. But you go on about Yards and YPC
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I know you will because no matter what Smith Does he won't be good enough for you. You've proven that. Smith threw 2 tds no turnovers controlled the offense they held the ball most the game helping the d. But you go on about Yards and YPC

My requirements for approval are in your other thread. We'll see how he performs during this 3 game stretch. He will need to play a lot better to beat a team like the Cowboys.

And you'll be praying to the porcelain goddess & ultimately throwing up inside her when it doesn't happen.

And you'll be praying to the porcelain goddess & ultimately throwing up inside her when it doesn't happen.

And when we're stuck at 8-8 for eternity.