Jacksonville Jaguars

Sunday, September 8, Noon CDT
    at
    EverBank Field

Television coverage:
    CBS

Watch online:

***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    PEOPLE CHILL

On a day where the Chiefs went to anther teams house and BLEW THEM out that's tough to do in the NFL no matter where you play lets not fight with each other and just enjoy the win and the MUCH better start to the season then we saw a year ago
    exactly. Everyone needs to stop the name calling and focus on the matter at hand. The Chiefs played an excellent game today. What a great start to the season!

I was chilled out tel lordy started caling someone practice squad then gets mad when skmeone insukts him trying tk defend another memeber. Then accuses me of making a fake name up to talk more stuf when that name is the memeber he was insulting and threatens to ban me. I ket it go earlier. Hes just a negitvie person and bashing the chiefs even when their winning. Im over it. I just found where I can out him kn ignore so im all good now.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Did you expect him to play well today and win?
    A win doesn't mean the QB played well. By the standard you are setting with Geno's performance today, you should've been Tim Tebow's biggest fan. If they had counted the number of yards Geno ran backwards today, he probably would've passed 100 yards on the day. His 60% completion rate and 6 yards per att. must be extremely frustrating to you... especially when most of his yardage came from screen plays. Isn't this the exact thing you hated about Alex Smith? Careful... your hypocrisy is showing...

Today was a good day. 3 tds is good for the first game kf season. I dknt think we scored in the second half. Which could spell trouble but then again we didnt need to so. Im sure if we needed to get more tds play calling would have been different. Just saying our offense is vastly improved and like what kv seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Today was a good day. 3 tds is good for the first game kf season. I dknt think we scored in the second half. Which could spell trouble but then again we didnt need to so. Im sure if we needed to get more tds play calling would have been different. Just saying our offense is vastly improved and like what kv seen so far.
    Yes, I would say that the Offense is improved and there is some untapped talent in the receiving core in Hemingway and Kelce ( who didn't play today ) that they are going to have to tap into at some point. Both are potential playmakers & they need to be given the chance to show it.

I think chiefenitup is new or atleast iv never noticed a post before. Welcome aboard if your new and dont let lordy chiefs steer you away. Im not sure but I dont think hes always like that atleast iv never noticed before. Only person I knew before today that so negitive is mymanhali who hates alex smith and wanted us to draft geno Smith. Other than that its a perty good forum

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    PEOPLE CHILL

On a day where the Chiefs went to anther teams house and BLEW THEM out that's tough to do in the NFL no matter where you play lets not fight with each other and just enjoy the win and the MUCH better start to the season then we saw a year ago
    Agreed. Today was a great win, when you consider all the strides this team made in the off-season, and what the players went through just to get it this far. This team is a totally different critter than what we saw in 2012. We've got a good team coming to town next Sunday, looking forward to it already.

Y'all if the Chiefs defense plays like this throughout the season, the offense doesn't need to be elite. I've been saying all offseason that this defense could be a top 10 or even 5 unit this year. If we can get our offense to be just average, we'll be a playoff team capable of making a run.

Dont forget though just like our offense looked good against jacksonvill defense that also our defense pkayed against Jacksonville. Its a good building block but dallas next week will be a better test to see where we are at on both sides of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Y'all if the Chiefs defense plays like this throughout the season, the offense doesn't need to be elite. I've been saying all offseason that this defense could be a top 10 or even 5 unit this year. If we can get our offense to be just average, we'll be a playoff team capable of making a run.
    True, but if their Offense does become elite to go along with an elite Defense, then they would stand a better chance of bringing home the Lombardi -- and after all, isn't that the ultimate goal? Granted, it's a high aspriration for a team coming off a 2-14 season, but an aspiration that should be maintained, nonetheless. Because without that aspiration, they won't ever get there.