Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Game 1 toughts

Default Game 1 toughts

The good
    The defense whats not to like. One late game drive when the game has been long over doesn't mean much. This defense was great today. Much better then what they were a year ago

the offense they got the ball in the endzone when they were in the redzone. That's something they didn't do much last year. Time and time again they settled for 3. Today they did a great job of getting the ball in the endzone and getting 6

The not so good

Offense has to move the ball more. The WRs need to step up. Bowe is a far better WR then what we saw today. There were times that they seemed to be looking to try to go to a WR but no one got open and Smith had to make something happen with his legs. The offense has to be better against better teams they just didn't move the ball much at all. They will grow as time goes on and the players get more time in the offense but they have to be better then they were in week 1 when it comes to moving the football
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Oh and to all the Alex haters out there, what about that 20+ yard downfield pass that was thrown perfectly just flat out dropped by Fasano? It was one of the first pass attempts of the game and would have gone for quite a few yards if not a TD Fasano was behind the whole defense at that point. That one pass made me think the rest of the game was going to be just fine

Avery better step up more cause I'm seeing Hemingway replacing him soon great job for him also

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Eli is not a good comparison last night he threw 3 ints. I know on most days he doesn't but to me Eli should not be in same class as Peyton.
    Agreed. I was referring to how Eli usually plays rather than to how he played last night. I'm fairly happy with Alex Smith, but if the Giants wanted to trade...........HAHAHAHA

Agree with you on both points Justin. The O-line played a fine game and Hemingway looks better every time he plays. In all aspects this Chiefs team is looking VERY DIFFERENT from what we have seen for most of the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Agreed. I was referring to how Eli usually plays rather than to how he played last night. I'm fairly happy with Alex Smith, but if the Giants wanted to trade...........HAHAHAHA
    I actually like your point with Eli, the other night he didn't give up and almost pulled one out... in the long run I will always find him to be more clutch than Peyton, but my grudge with him (Peyton) is almost at an end as well.

That was strange how they both tossed out 7's... two of those Int's, well at least one was not on Eli, that sort of stuff happens a lot to him, and the other two who are most like him (Flacco & Romo), just my two cents tho'.
    Last edited by KristofLaw; 09-09-2013 at 03:04 PM. Reason: added more
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

The good: We won

The Bad: It was the Jags

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    I actually like your point with Eli, the other night he didn't give up and almost pulled one out... in the long run I will always find him to be more clutch than Peyton, but my grudge with him (Peyton) is almost at an end as well.

That was strange how they both tossed out 7's... two of those, well at least one was not on Eli, that sort of stuff happens a lot to him, and the other two who are most like him (Flacco & Romo), just my two cents tho'.
    Y'know....I wanted Peyton as much as anyone. But in the end he would have been a "quick fix" much as Montana was. I honestly think we are on a better path right now. Reid and Dorsey are not trying for a quick run. They seem to be trying to build a team that can dominate for a decade rather than 2 or 3 years.

The Chiefs played a great game - not allowing the Jags a TD on their home court showed me our defense is gonna have to be contended with this season. Just one negative that will have to be fixed - we're gonna need to stretch the field to keep opposing secondaries honest - or else our offense could be in for a long season.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    The Chiefs played a great game - not allowing the Jags a TD on their home court showed me our defense is gonna have to be contended with this season. Just one negative that will have to be fixed - we're gonna need to stretch the field to keep opposing secondaries honest - or else our offense could be in for a long season.
    Yup. Plenty of room for improvement. But our Chiefs have already shown a lot of improvement and I think we are going to see a LOT more.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Yup. Plenty of room for improvement. But our Chiefs have already shown a lot of improvement and I think we are going to see a LOT more.
    100% agreed. This team has 29? new players, they have done one hell of a job so far and they will get better.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast