Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Game 1 toughts

Default Game 1 toughts

The good
    The defense whats not to like. One late game drive when the game has been long over doesn't mean much. This defense was great today. Much better then what they were a year ago

the offense they got the ball in the endzone when they were in the redzone. That's something they didn't do much last year. Time and time again they settled for 3. Today they did a great job of getting the ball in the endzone and getting 6

The not so good

Offense has to move the ball more. The WRs need to step up. Bowe is a far better WR then what we saw today. There were times that they seemed to be looking to try to go to a WR but no one got open and Smith had to make something happen with his legs. The offense has to be better against better teams they just didn't move the ball much at all. They will grow as time goes on and the players get more time in the offense but they have to be better then they were in week 1 when it comes to moving the football
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I'd like to also point out that our 28 points that we put up this week only loses (pointwise) to 5 other nfl teams in week 1 and we did that in the first half of football with very little effort to keep running up the scoreboard
    Last edited by Justin5772002; 09-09-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Y'know....it was a GREAT start against a BAD team. But we did prove we could blow out a bad team. Haven't been able to do that since 2010. Our Chiefs are on track. Not for a SuperBowl. Not for an AFC Championship. But definately for a huge improvement. I believe in Reid and Dorsey. They are not quitters. They are not politicians. They are builders. And I honestly believe they are building a team we can be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Y'know....it was a GREAT start against a BAD team. But we did prove we could blow out a bad team. Haven't been able to do that since 2010. Our Chiefs are on track. Not for a SuperBowl. Not for an AFC Championship. But definately for a huge improvement. I believe in Reid and Dorsey. They are not quitters. They are not politicians. They are builders. And I honestly believe they are building a team we can be proud of.
    That's right. If Dorsey/Reid see something that's broken, they'll fix it. If they think any area of the team needs improvement come next off-season, they'll be going after players either in FA or the draft to try to bolster those areas. The did an excellent job this last off-season of improving every area of this team via players and coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    That's right. If Dorsey/Reid see something that's broken, they'll fix it. If they think any area of the team needs improvement come next off-season, they'll be going after players either in FA or the draft to try to bolster those areas. The did an excellent job this last off-season of improving every area of this team via players and coaches.
    Yup. These two are guys that EXPECT to win....not because they come from the Splats, but because they know it is their job to put together a team that can win on the field. They know what their job is. They know they can do it. And there is nothing either of them won't do to get their job done. These are not New England wizz kids. These are hard working overachievers. Neither of them thinks about "good enough". They think about being the best. And they are not going to let up until the Chiefs ARE the best! Best coach/management team we have had since the late '60s.

Overall, this first win does provide hope & good reason for cautious optimism.

It's going to get a lot tougher in the coming weeks -- especially the next three foes being from the NFC East. Having Andy Reid might help against the Cowboys and Giants, but right now Reid's former team is taking the Redskins to the cleaners as I'm typing this, so that Thursday night game in Philly could be very tough. All three teams have good D-Lines, so the Chiefs O-Line will have to bring their A-Game to all three contests.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345