Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Game 1 toughts

Default Game 1 toughts

The good
    The defense whats not to like. One late game drive when the game has been long over doesn't mean much. This defense was great today. Much better then what they were a year ago

the offense they got the ball in the endzone when they were in the redzone. That's something they didn't do much last year. Time and time again they settled for 3. Today they did a great job of getting the ball in the endzone and getting 6

The not so good

Offense has to move the ball more. The WRs need to step up. Bowe is a far better WR then what we saw today. There were times that they seemed to be looking to try to go to a WR but no one got open and Smith had to make something happen with his legs. The offense has to be better against better teams they just didn't move the ball much at all. They will grow as time goes on and the players get more time in the offense but they have to be better then they were in week 1 when it comes to moving the football
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I agree 109% .. we will develop . 2nd half offense worried me. Or it was coaching . Either way not happy.

Spot on, Matt. It's great that the Offense cashed in when they had the opportunities, but watching them continually stall in the 2nd half is unacceptable, as they aren't always going to have the luxury of a 3 TD lead. There's still a lot of room for improvement & things are going to get much tougher in the coming weeks.

The offensive playcalling in the second half turned very vanilla, I have a feeling Reid was doing that to keep the playbook from the cowboys and the league as long as possible. Up 3 scores at half and jax showing no ability to provide any offensive production why not. We have an advantage at this point because of the limited tape for teams to study. I'm not overly concerned with it after they moved the ball effectively in the first half, Dallas should be a much better test of what we really have.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    The offensive playcalling in the second half turned very vanilla, I have a feeling Reid was doing that to keep the playbook from the cowboys and the league as long as possible. Up 3 scores at half and jax showing no ability to provide any offensive production why not. We have an advantage at this point because of the limited tape for teams to study. I'm not overly concerned with it after they moved the ball effectively in the first half, Dallas should be a much better test of what we really have.
    Good point. And the Chiefs will be at home next week so their Offense won't have to deal with the opposing teams crowd.

Good first win against one of the worse teams in the NFL. I admit, I about fell asleep second half, but, still good win. Do not expect our wins this year to be pretty. Our focus is keeping turnovers on our side down and getting some help out of the defense and special teams, while letting Jamaal Charles, Dexter McCluster, some of our Tight Ends and occasionally our highly-paid receiver Bowe getting in on some action. Wins are wins in this league. I am extremely excited about our year this year!!!

Until proven wrong, I still think they have to get Hemingway on the field and throw more passes his way. All he does is get open and catch the ball. Go back and look at the replay of his TD and take notice of the great adjustment he makes to come down with that football.

Nice to be on the right end of a blowout for a change. Although I can't get carried away with beating Jacksonville and that awful offence.

Good game. The good things I saw...Dontari Poe, Hemingway, Avery, JC, DJ, Houston...heck even Tyson Jackson got sack. Davis and Gray look like they're willing to battle for some tough yards, and made our offense look better in the process.

The not-so-good...Our secondary getting completely out of position at times. If Jacksonville's recievers had been any better, the score would've been much closer. Our recievers made plays when it counted, but there were also a lot of times when they dropped passes. When we start playing better teams, they'll exploit both of those problems.

Looking forward to next game. Dallas will be another "test" for us, see where we stand. We know we can dominate a bad team (Something good teams should be able to do), but does KC have what it takes to dominate a better one? Reid seems to go through a process of "See what's broken, then fix what's broken"...This is giving me hope for the future.

the Jags brought a knife to a gun fight. just target practice for our D
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast