Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Game 1 toughts

Default Game 1 toughts

The good
    The defense whats not to like. One late game drive when the game has been long over doesn't mean much. This defense was great today. Much better then what they were a year ago

the offense they got the ball in the endzone when they were in the redzone. That's something they didn't do much last year. Time and time again they settled for 3. Today they did a great job of getting the ball in the endzone and getting 6

The not so good

Offense has to move the ball more. The WRs need to step up. Bowe is a far better WR then what we saw today. There were times that they seemed to be looking to try to go to a WR but no one got open and Smith had to make something happen with his legs. The offense has to be better against better teams they just didn't move the ball much at all. They will grow as time goes on and the players get more time in the offense but they have to be better then they were in week 1 when it comes to moving the football
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Kind of ironic about the Fisher versus Joeckel talk before the game and that Fisher was solid, while Joeckel struggled. Somebody elsewhere said that Pioli would have taken Joeckel over Fisher. No, he wouldn't have. He wouldn't have taken either. Pioli was too stupid and pigheaded and lilly-livered to take an O-Lineman high in the draft -- hence, why he's no longer a GM and won't ever be a GM again for anybody.

Glad the Chiefs got a real GM in place now. Nobody can rightfully argue that John Dorsey put forth more effort to improve the Chiefs this past off-season than Pioli did in four years as the GM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Kind of ironic about the Fisher versus Joeckel talk before the game and that Fisher was solid, while Joeckel struggled. Somebody elsewhere said that Pioli would have taken Joeckel over Fisher. No, he wouldn't have. He wouldn't have taken either. Pioli was too stupid and pigheaded and lilly-livered to take an O-Lineman high in the draft -- hence, why he's no longer a GM and won't ever be a GM again for anybody.

Glad the Chiefs got a real GM in place now. Nobody can rightfully argue that John Dorsey put forth more effort to improve the Chiefs this past off-season than Pioli did in four years as the GM.
    Do you mean: "Nobody can rightfully argue that John Dorsey [didn't] put forth more effort to improve the Chiefs this past off-season than Pioli did in four years as the GM"???

First game of the season I fully expect that there would be things we'll need to improve upon, but am ecstatic with the win!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Do you mean: "Nobody can rightfully argue that John Dorsey [didn't] put forth more effort to improve the Chiefs this past off-season than Pioli did in four years as the GM"???
    Allow me to rephrase:

Nobody can rightfully argue the fact that John Dorsey put forth more effort to improve the Chiefs this past off-season than Pioli did in four years as the GM

Allow me to rephrase:

Nobody can rightfully argue the fact that John Dorsey put forth more effort to improve the Chiefs this past off-season than Pioli did in four years as the GM
    I'd argue Reid and Dorsey got more accomplished in the first thirty days as HC/GM than Pioli & Co. did in four years. Exhibit A: Brian Daboll. Prosecution rests.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    I'd argue Reid and Dorsey got more accomplished in the first thirty days as HC/GM than Pioli & Co. did in four years. Exhibit A: Brian Daboll. Prosecution rests.
    LOL, yeah, a very good exhibit at that.

But let's compare what apples to apples here -- specifically the players brought in by each GM in his 1st year in KC, as far as FA's, trades, and draft picks.

PIOLI:

Pioli trades a 2nd round pick for Cassel and Mike Vrabel. No veteran FA's that were worth two cents were signed. He drafts Tyson Jackson and gets lucky with Succop, but as for the rest of his draft picks in that 2009 draft, anybody could easily see that the rest of those guys were going to be out of NFL in a short time & probably delivering pizza to your doorstep. 5 of 7 picks wasted. No rookie FA's worth squat. And that was it. And let us not forget cutting Pollard and getting nothing in return. Almost next to nothing to try to make the Chiefs better.

DORSEY :

Dorsey trades a pair of 2nd rounders ( and until proven wrong, I do believe the Chiefs will be better than 8-8 and sending a 2nd round pick to the Niners in 2014 ) for Alex Smith, and while the cost was high, at least they get a QB that has won in the playoffs, isn't a turnover machine, and hasn't been handed a mega-contract like Cassel was.

Dorsey brings in veteran FA's Fasano, Avery, Schwartz, DeVito, Smith, Robinson, Demps, Jordan, Assulah, Zombo & Daniel -- not stars, but a solid core of good vets with 5 of them starting today and the others providing reasonably decent depth.

Dorsey made 8 picks in his first draft & came away with 7 promising players & with only 6th round draftee FB Braden Wilson getting cut, plus 3 rookie FA's with one of them being a possible QBOTF & possibly the best QB in the 2013 class when it's all said and done.

Plus, Dorsey realized that guys like Baldwin & Arenas weren't going anywhere with this team & traded them and at least got something in return ( FB Sherman and WR Jenkins ).

This is what a real GM ( Dorsey ) really looks like compared to a politician trying to play GM ( Pioli ).

Allow me to rephrase:

Ahhh, gotha.

I didn't have a chance to read through the entire game thread, but did everyone notice Tyson Jackson losing his pants and his full buttocks exposed during the 3rd quarter of the game? http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2013/...d-meester-butt

Did anyone notice a catch by Bowe ran out of bounds in 2nd but no clock stoppage?

Quote Originally Posted by mcclusterfan1982 View Post
    I didn't have a chance to read through the entire game thread, but did everyone notice Tyson Jackson losing his pants and his full buttocks exposed during the 3rd quarter of the game? http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2013/...d-meester-butt
    I saw that. A Jags player jerked his pants down when Justin Houston sacked Gabbert. I'm just glad the ref didn't throw a flag and say "Unsportsman-like conduct, Defense, #94 , shooting the moon, 15-yard penalty, automatic first down".

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast