Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game 2 thoughts

Default Game 2 thoughts

The good 2 wins last year 2 wins after 2 games this year

Alex Smith- Showed something he was the offense for most of that game when we had no running game and the O line was stinking up the place

The defense They had some bad moments but they came out and are the reason the Chiefs won. If they didn't do a good job today it would have been a l. Mostly the 2nd half they pretty much held Bryant who torched them in the 1st half but they did get lucky with one big drop

COACHING last season this coaching staff couldn't make an adjustment to save there lifes this year they Clearly made some at the half Good to see

The BAD

The O line they stunk up the joint Smith had no time way to often and had to make things happen with his legs. That can't keep up.

The defense gave up some big plays and were lucky not to give up anther one. That has to be fixed.

All in all 2-0 great start and they have a short week to get what needs to be fixed fixed on to Philly.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

One thing worth pointing out is that we were able to put points on the board, even though JC wasnt productive in the run game.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    One thing worth pointing out is that we were able to put points on the board, even though JC wasnt productive in the run game.
    It's a simple matter of getting the ball into the red zone more often as Alex is 5 for 5 on red zone opportunities. Best red zone QB in the game.

I want to know where are all the negative Nancy's today...MyManHali and others...so quick to be on them and now nothing to say...

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Dog View Post
    I want to know where are all the negative Nancy's today...MyManHali and others...so quick to be on them and now nothing to say...
    Could be that they are discovering....much to their chagrin.....that Alex Smith isn't the freaking problem with the Chiefs Offense and that the other 10 guys on the Offense need to step up and play to Alex Smith's level. Alex is 5 for 5 in the red zone, thus far.

5 passing TDs in 2 games. Feeling pretty confident about those 25 passing TDs. On pace for 40. Don't see too many goal line running plays in the Chiefs' future.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Could be that they are discovering....much to their chagrin.....that Alex Smith isn't the freaking problem with the Chiefs Offense and that the other 10 guys on the Offense need to step up and play to Alex Smith's level. Alex is 5 for 5 in the red zone, thus far.
    There's a reason why Reid went after Alex Smith from word "go" when he hit the door here. Just going by observation I'd say that's it. Can you imagine what this team would look like, if it were the other way around and we were dealing with a struggling QB trying to catch up with the rest of the offense? My word for it would be "ugly".

1) The defense has somehow taken a step backward from last year. I hope it's an aberration for now and that some minor tweaks will take it from a C- defense to a B or better.
    2) The offensive line is porous. Smith will be hauled out on a stretcher by game 5 if Reid can't figure out a (no pun intended) stop-gap repair with the pieces we have.
    3) Alex Smith is really, really good. It's going to be a crime that Reid lets him get destroyed like he let Vick get creamed. But I fear that's where we're headed.
    Last edited by azchiefsfan; 09-15-2013 at 08:04 PM.

I am not sure how you see the defense has taken a step backward? Perhaps you can elaborate. The defense allowed 37 rushing yards. Murray had 25 rushing yards, Cowboys total rushing was 37. Last week was 87 yards. Our secondary needs some work but Romo put up 298 yards on the Chiefs and 263 on the Giants. Considering the score between the two games I think the Defense is looking good this year.

I was pretty happy with the W overall, Dallas is a slightly above average team and they match up good vs the Chiefs with a strong TE game and physical WRs. Their D has some unpredictable, but sometimes excellent LB play. Lee is a beast. Chiefs need to throw the ball down the field more often I think to keep the defense off of JC on checkdowns. Alex was also staring down some of the flare routes which sucks, cause if he would just look the opposite way until the play develops, the d would not be on the flat routes like white on rice.

Go Chiefs! Exciting first two weeks, for sure and I am really looking forward to Eggies v Walrus on Thursday night!!!

It's called the win column, perhaps you've heard of it?

I agree. The cowboys are a much better team then their getting credit for. There defensive line and secondary outplayed our offense but Alex Smith found a way to get us that win. Very proud of what I saw today but there's a lot of work to do with the oline. Go Chiefs!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast