Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game 2 thoughts

Default Game 2 thoughts

The good 2 wins last year 2 wins after 2 games this year

Alex Smith- Showed something he was the offense for most of that game when we had no running game and the O line was stinking up the place

The defense They had some bad moments but they came out and are the reason the Chiefs won. If they didn't do a good job today it would have been a l. Mostly the 2nd half they pretty much held Bryant who torched them in the 1st half but they did get lucky with one big drop

COACHING last season this coaching staff couldn't make an adjustment to save there lifes this year they Clearly made some at the half Good to see

The BAD

The O line they stunk up the joint Smith had no time way to often and had to make things happen with his legs. That can't keep up.

The defense gave up some big plays and were lucky not to give up anther one. That has to be fixed.

All in all 2-0 great start and they have a short week to get what needs to be fixed fixed on to Philly.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I am still way to happy to say anything negative.

Last week we whupped a crappy team on the road. This week we beat a good team at home.

What I will really remember about this game is that there was not an ounce of quit in anybody on this team. This game would have been sooooo easy to lose. But they got the lead and NOBODY on the team was going to let them lose it.

SO many players stepped up and made big plays when they had to be made. Everybody on the team was a hero this day!

And as much credit as every player deserves for today's win, I think today's win belongs to Andy Reid. Not because of his play calling or anything like that but just because he has changed our Chiefs mentality. When push came to shove, we didn't find a way to lose, instead every player on the team said "THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL WE ARE GOING TO LOSE THIS GAME!" And that is Andy Reid plain and simple.

We are going to lose some games. And I will cuss Reid a time or three before the season is over, but he has made our Chiefs a MUCH BETTER team!

Reids only problem is the lack of calling more power run plays. Charles was steong at the end andif reid woukd have called those earlier charles could have broke some open.I

Offensively we need to do better than 17 points, although it was just good enough to win. Defensively, anytime you give up only 16 points you're doing your job - the missed catch by Dez notwithstanding. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

I'm happy that Clark, cleaned house after last seasons dismal playing. Our team seems tougher, and game planning is much better throughout the first 2 games. I wasn't happy at all with the Poe pick last year, but he seems to be the real deal. Looks like one of the few favors the last regime did for us. We have a long way to go, but were getting there. We've already equaled last years win total. I can see enthusiasm in our team, and I know we are moving in the right direction! Go Chiefs!!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Offensively we need to do better than 17 points, although it was just good enough to win. Defensively, anytime you give up only 16 points you're doing your job - the missed catch by Dez notwithstanding. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
    The Chiefs did dodge a bullet on Bryant's drop, but I also did see the Cowboys dodge a bullet on the 2nd down play after Berry's fumble recovery, when Donnie Avery had his defender beaten going deep down the right sideline and a better throw by Alex Smith might have been a TD, instead of the Chiefs settling for a FG.

I will give you all a negative. Last week a blocked punt this week a blocked field Goal. That has to stop. All pre-season we were all excited about special team but then in two games they could have lost the game for us on something that does not happen often.

I may be over-thinking the game defensively, but when Romo can throw unmolested to his #1 receiver over and over, I can only think we need better rushing and for our backs to start anticipating. Now the 2nd half adjustments were good, but I still have a nagging fear that when we play the Donks, Manning is going to eat our lunch on the way to a 45+ point rout.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    I may be over-thinking the game defensively, but when Romo can throw unmolested to his #1 receiver over and over, I can only think we need better rushing and for our backs to start anticipating. Now the 2nd half adjustments were good, but I still have a nagging fear that when we play the Donks, Manning is going to eat our lunch on the way to a 45+ point rout.
    Yeah....that nagging worry is there. Can't deny it. But the flip side to that coin is our first game against the Donks is 8 weeks and 5 days away. A lot can happen in that time. I'm still convinced that our Offense is still adjusting to a new coach, new O-coordinator and new QB. I don't think by a long shot that our offense is as good as it is going to get. Same for our D. We are going to be a better team in 8 weeks and 5 days.

And a lot can happen to the Donks in 8 weeks and 5 days too.....not the least of which is that they might have a different QB then. So yeah...the Donks are a worry....and if I had to bet, my money would be on them to win the division. But I think we have a real good chance at a Wildcard. And as any football fan has seen MANY TIMES....once the playoffs start it is a whole new football season.

So for now, my focus is on beating the Iggles and going on to sweep the NFC East on our way to a HUGELY improved season over last year.

THE CHIEFS ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Yeah....that nagging worry is there. Can't deny it. But the flip side to that coin is our first game against the Donks is 8 weeks and 5 days away. A lot can happen in that time. I'm still convinced that our Offense is still adjusting to a new coach, new O-coordinator and new QB. I don't think by a long shot that our offense is as good as it is going to get. Same for our D. We are going to be a better team in 8 weeks and 5 days.

And a lot can happen to the Donks in 8 weeks and 5 days too.....not the least of which is that they might have a different QB then. So yeah...the Donks are a worry....and if I had to bet, my money would be on them to win the division. But I think we have a real good chance at a Wildcard. And as any football fan has seen MANY TIMES....once the playoffs start it is a whole new football season.

So for now, my focus is on beating the Iggles and going on to sweep the NFC East on our way to a HUGELY improved season over last year.

THE CHIEFS ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!
    Just for fun, I'll paint a fantasy scenario, here. The Donks win the AFC West and maybe win both the games against the Chiefs in close ball games ( I think the Chiefs Defense can slow them down if they go about it right ), but the Chiefs get in as a Wild-Card and win the 1st game & get a 3rd crack at the Donks in January -- but this time they beat the Donks when it really counts.

Would you take that scenario? I would, and do remember the Chiefs have beaten the Donks at Denver the last two times they've played there in January.

File this one away for later. Because I would love it to death if this fantasy became reality.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 09-17-2013 at 10:23 PM.

You are absolutely correct. That scenario is not at all outside the realm of possibility. And there are plenty of others..... I'm not going to bet the mortgage on any of them, but we've ALL seen them happen......Here's just a few examples......

1) Manning goes down and the Donks collapse.

2) Donkeys go something like 13-3 or 14-2 and they choke in the first round.

3) Donkeys run into either a really tough team or a team that is just on a hot streak in the first round and lose a close game.

All of these scenarios should be familiar to Chiefs fans.

So as much as we want to win the AFC West, the real goal is just to get into the playoffs. If we can do that, then a whole new season starts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast