Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time to talk about Philthy......

Default Time to talk about Philthy......

I know next to nothing about the Philthydelphia Iggles.

Seems they run a really fast hurry up offense.

How do you think our defense will stack up against it?

It's my understanding that against the Dolts their defense was on the field close to 40 minutes and their offense was only on the field for something like 20 minutes. And yet their offense still scored 30 points. That's SCARY! That's 1.5 points per minute!

Can our D hold them to 21 points or less?

Can Alex Smith get us enough points if this game turns into a high scoring shootout?

What do y'all think?

I would think we'd play a lot of nickel with a lot of zone against these guys. And hopefully get some pressure on Vick with our 3 down linemen.
    SHUT IT

The Chiefs Defense is going to get severely tested by the Eagles Offense & what worries me is the lack of time to prepare for them with the game being played on Thursday, instead of Sunday. They will have to bring their A-Game & they cannot make mistakes and will need to force some turnovers.

The Chiefs Offense will need to move the ball consistently and put points on the scoreboard & keep their Defense off the field and it's going to be dependent on how well the Chiefs O-Line plays. Philly's secondary can be had if Alex Smith get's time to throw, as Phillip Rivers had time to throw all game long & picked them apart and the Chargers did have success running the ball.

gotta get this O line problem fixed. and fast. the Texicans got 4 sacks. maybe 5. and when your leading rusher is the QB that speaks volumes.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

We have to establish a ball control offensive game that eats clock and keeps their offense off the feild, this approach only works if we get a few defensive stops. I think that a low scoring game favors the Chiefs, if we get involed in a "shoot out" then that will tend to favor Philthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    We have to establish a ball control offensive game that eats clock and keeps their offense off the feild, this approach only works if we get a few defensive stops. I think that a low scoring game favors the Chiefs, if we get involed in a "shoot out" then that will tend to favor Philthy.
    I agree cause its time to gas their D. our's was gassed in the 4th yesterday. gotta have a rested D at the end IMO

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

The best thing to do to a fast-paced offense like the Eagles is to keep them on the sidelines. The gameplan for the Chiefs should be to concentrate on the power running aspects of the offense. If we're controlling the ball for large chunks of time each quarter and punching into the endzone after those long drives, that should help the defense not only keep rested, but it should also take some of the burden off them as they try to prepare for that offense on a short week. If I were Andy, I'd ride Charles and Davis all game long. Chew that clock and keep Vick and Kelly neutralized. The Eagles defense hasn't shown any kind of life so far. If you can game plan anticipating that you can probably dictate the tempo against their defense, then a power running, time chewing offense is what you should deploy. Luckily for Reid, he has a road-grating O-line and Jamaal Charles in that backfield. USE IT!

Y'know....looking at the schedule I think this game against Philthy may be one of the most important games of our season. If we can beat the Iggles in Philthy then I say we probably sweep the NFC East if we stay reasonably injury-free. Do that and I can't see us winning less than 9 games...probably 10......maybe even....nah....I ain't even going to say it. We may well be looking at a Wildcard spot this year.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    The Chiefs Defense is going to get severely tested by the Eagles Offense & what worries me is the lack of time to prepare for them with the game being played on Thursday, instead of Sunday. They will have to bring their A-Game & they cannot make mistakes and will need to force some turnovers.

The Chiefs Offense will need to move the ball consistently and put points on the scoreboard & keep their Defense off the field and it's going to be dependent on how well the Chiefs O-Line plays. Philly's secondary can be had if Alex Smith get's time to throw, as Phillip Rivers had time to throw all game long & picked them apart and the Chargers did have success running the ball.
    Agreed. The Eagles have me concerned because they're coming off a loss, and will be playing in front of their home crowd. Their coach is coming off his first NFL loss and I'm sure will be doing his best to make sure the Chiefs aren't #2. They've put up a lot of points in two games. The players are definitely buying to what the new coach is selling. Vick still can scramble.

With that being said, they are beatable. SD's defense is good but I think that KC's is better. If we force Vick to scramble a lot that means everyone else on the D is getting their jobs done! Reid's knowledge of the personnell there might be a difference maker, too.

run the hurry up a lot more. I think it would have helped yesterday. it keeps the DC outta the game and questionable calls take time for the opposition to check and flag it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast