Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Time to talk about Philthy......

Default Time to talk about Philthy......

I know next to nothing about the Philthydelphia Iggles.

Seems they run a really fast hurry up offense.

How do you think our defense will stack up against it?

It's my understanding that against the Dolts their defense was on the field close to 40 minutes and their offense was only on the field for something like 20 minutes. And yet their offense still scored 30 points. That's SCARY! That's 1.5 points per minute!

Can our D hold them to 21 points or less?

Can Alex Smith get us enough points if this game turns into a high scoring shootout?

What do y'all think?

MAN!!!! More I think about it the more I WANT this game!!!!!

We do have one advantage - Reid was the HC there for 13 years - so he does know some of the players and knows what its like to play there. If we can sustain some drives we'll have a chance. Too many 3 and outs will send us home with a loss. And (goes without saying), we need to win the turnover battle on the road to have success - and I think we win that battle.
    SHUT IT

My friends do not think that The Chiefs have no chance . Frak em.. Dare I say oline - Albert -{ I dislike that guy }
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    The best thing to do to a fast-paced offense like the Eagles is to keep them on the sidelines. The gameplan for the Chiefs should be to concentrate on the power running aspects of the offense. If we're controlling the ball for large chunks of time each quarter and punching into the endzone after those long drives, that should help the defense not only keep rested, but it should also take some of the burden off them as they try to prepare for that offense on a short week. If I were Andy, I'd ride Charles and Davis all game long. Chew that clock and keep Vick and Kelly neutralized. The Eagles defense hasn't shown any kind of life so far. If you can game plan anticipating that you can probably dictate the tempo against their defense, then a power running, time chewing offense is what you should deploy. Luckily for Reid, he has a road-grating O-line and Jamaal Charles in that backfield. USE IT!
    Agreed. Keep those recievers cold on the sidelines.

And - not only is it a short week - but a short travel week to a different time zone. Really only one practice day - tuesday - to get ready for these guys. As wednesday will be travel day. This will indeed be a tough test for this team coming off a hard-fought win.
    SHUT IT

If we beat the eagles their going to have a really tough rest of the year cause everyone will game plan the same way us and San Diego is were about to see how dynamic chip Kelly truely is

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    And - not only is it a short week - but a short travel week to a different time zone. Really only one practice day - tuesday - to get ready for these guys. As wednesday will be travel day. This will indeed be a tough test for this team coming off a hard-fought win.
    That is also my concern. It is a short week, and a road game. This could tell us a lot about our Chiefs this season. While I look to win, and expect a win, because that is who I am, the way we play will tell a lot about this team. Win or not, Loud and Proud I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    its a short week for them to. and they lost sunday on top of this
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

The Chiefs play bascially man coverage. They have played this all year. This will allow them to designate safeties and line backers to cover the Option plays the Eagles are running. The defense just needs to stay disciplined and stay to their man and our offense will out perform the Eagles Defense.

The Eagles secondary can be had if Alex Smith can be well protected & given time to throw. Also, employ more power-running schemes to try to spring Jamaal Charles for some big runs.

Defensively, as Seek said, stay disciplined and don't blow coverages.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast