Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Travis Frederick to blame for Dontari Poe sacking Tony R

Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Travis Frederick to blame for Dontari Poe sacking Tony R

0 Not allowed!
    By Michael David Smith
    Cowboys coach Jason Garrett says the reason Chiefs defensive tackle Dontari Poe sacked Tony Romo twice on Sunday is simple: Rookie center Travis Frederick got beaten. Garrett said Poe just physically overpowered Frederick on one sack. On the other, Frederick made the wrong line call, resulting in a missed block. He physically got beat on… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 431

0 Not allowed!
    Well I think Poe had a little something to do with it.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 3

1 Not allowed!
    Its always nice when a coach throws his players under the bus. How about blaming the Coach for putting a rooking in there, or not teaching him how to handle the defense. I also want to blame Romo. For just being Romo.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 572
    Given: 760

0 Not allowed!
    You know, I watched closely via NFL Rewind and the Dallas O-Line was getting away with some major holding. So if Cowboys fans are complaining about the refs in that game, they should take note of that.

As for the Chiefs rookie O-lineman, Eric Fisher, he had his share of rough moments in the Dallas game, but watching him closely thus far though the pre-season & these first 2 preseason games, he hasn't even come remotely close to holding anybody and needs to get a chance to do more drive blocking in a power running scheme, as Fisher and the rest of the O-Line have been on their heels too much in this shot-gun, hurry-up Offense, that they are running a bit too much.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 213
    Given: 58

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Well I think Poe had a little something to do with it.

No! you can't give Poe credit for playing well. He's a CHIEF! If he got sacks a Cowboy must've screwed up. And, of course, the Chiefs didn't beat the Cowboys; the Cowboys beat themselves.

Oh, and the Chiefs would have never beaten the Jaguars if Gabbert wasn't playing with a broken thumb!

It's ridiculous how the media bias in favor of certain teams affects the headlines. EVERY TIME a player gets a sack it's because a blocker got beat or overpowered. How is this "news?"
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    You know, I watched closely via NFL Rewind and the Dallas O-Line was getting away with some major holding. So if Cowboys fans are complaining about the refs in that game, they should take note of that.

As for the Chiefs rookie O-lineman, Eric Fisher, he had his share of rough moments in the Dallas game, but watching him closely thus far though the pre-season & these first 2 preseason games, he hasn't even come remotely close to holding anybody and needs to get a chance to do more drive blocking in a power running scheme, as Fisher and the rest of the O-Line have been on their heels too much in this shot-gun, hurry-up Offense, that they are running a bit too much.
    Yes the Cowpies were holding something aweful. But I also saw the Chiefs get some no calls also. The Cowpies have nothing to complain about except for their own horrible play and PLAY Calling. Specifically the last play of the game. What was that.....

Thumbs Up
    Given: 704

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Its always nice when a coach throws his players under the bus. How about blaming the Coach for putting a rooking in there, or not teaching him how to handle the defense. I also want to blame Romo. For just being Romo.
    My thoughts exactly. Guess you have to motivate players differently in Jerryjonesville.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post

No! you can't give Poe credit for playing well. He's a CHIEF! If he got sacks a Cowboy must've screwed up. And, of course, the Chiefs didn't beat the Cowboys; the Cowboys beat themselves.

Oh, and the Chiefs would have never beaten the Jaguars if Gabbert wasn't playing with a broken thumb!

It's ridiculous how the media bias in favor of certain teams affects the headlines. EVERY TIME a player gets a sack it's because a blocker got beat or overpowered. How is this "news?"
    Now Roy, were not talking about political media bias here....Oh wait, never mind.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 213
    Given: 58

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Now Roy, were not talking about political media bias here....Oh wait, never mind.
    I miss that thread ...
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I miss that thread ...
    It's still there.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/sh...scrowd/page231

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast