Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Football Gameplan's 2013 Wk 3 Preview - Chiefs vs Eagles

Default Football Gameplan's 2013 Wk 3 Preview - Chiefs vs Eagles

Good morning Chiefs fans! Its a short week... Good luck tomorrow!

Em

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Great job as always Em! I think it's going to be a tough ball game (short week, one day less for KC to prepare because of travel time) but I think it's winnable for KC, provided the Chiefs make better use of Jamaal Charles and Dwayne Bowe, and execute well on 3rd downs offensively and defensively.
    Just a thought and one that only occurred to me reading your post.....JC and DB were just about our entire offense for quite a while. Is it possible that Reid has been deliberately underutilizing them to some extent to avoid creating film for opponents to watch? In short is it possible that he is such a crafty old bastar* that he has been holding our big guns back waiting for just the right tight game to turn them loose? I am probably overthinking here, but JC and DB have had surprisingly little impact on our offense in the first two games....gotta wonder if Reid isn't saving them for an ambush in a game where we REALLY REALLY need to breakout.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Just a thought and one that only occurred to me reading your post.....JC and DB were just about our entire offense for quite a while. Is it possible that Reid has been deliberately underutilizing them to some extent to avoid creating film for opponents to watch? In short is it possible that he is such a crafty old bastar* that he has been holding our big guns back waiting for just the right tight game to turn them loose? I am probably overthinking here, but JC and DB have had surprisingly little impact on our offense in the first two games....gotta wonder if Reid isn't saving them for an ambush in a game where we REALLY REALLY need to breakout.
    It's very possible. We've already seen a good example (jags game) of where Reid went vanilla in the 2nd half (Well, okay, vanilla by REID's standards...) so that he didn't give away too much to the next opponent, but really I think the reason why he's been reluctant to go to JC or DB all the time is because he's trying to pound it in the rest of the offensive players' heads what he's trying to establish in KC.

According to a lockerroom interview DMC said just wait and see the offense is going to gel soon then you will see the chiefs' "complete team"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12