Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Webnews: Eagles players are still slowing down the Chip Kelly off

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,346
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

    Post Webnews: Eagles players are still slowing down the Chip Kelly off


    0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Florio
    As Eagles coach Chip Kelly tries to maximize the performance of his no-huddle, hurry-up offense, he needs maximum cooperation from his players. So far, he’s not getting it. Before Sunday’s unexpected loss to the Chargers, Sal Paolantonio of ESPN reported that Kelly has instructed his players not to leave the ball on the ground after… Read more…

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    4,190
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 428

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Interesting......hope they don't "get it all together tomorrow"!

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,509
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 61

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    It sounds like Kelly's hurry-up offense is wearing out his offensive players as much as it is opposing defenses. Unfortunately for him, the Eagles defense can't stop anyone. I have a good feeling for Thursday nights game.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    MatthewsChiefs can't stand MatthewsChiefs

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,148
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 451

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Let us hope we are ready to go with this short turn around.


  5. #5
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,041
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    do you all remember the biggest complaing about the Vermiel teams. They scored too fast which didn't give the defense time to rest, so the defense always broke down at the end because they were tired. This is the NFL not college. Your team is not physically better than all the other teams. Picking up the pace on offense is only going to wear our your team in the long run. He is going to end up making a Philly a place veterans won't want to sign with, because that pace of game will tire out older players.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    4,190
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 428

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    do you all remember the biggest complaing about the Vermiel teams. They scored too fast which didn't give the defense time to rest, so the defense always broke down at the end because they were tired. This is the NFL not college. Your team is not physically better than all the other teams. Picking up the pace on offense is only going to wear our your team in the long run. He is going to end up making a Philly a place veterans won't want to sign with, because that pace of game will tire out older players.
    You make an interesting point. This fast-paced offense is hard on both their offense (they don't get a chance to catch their breath between plays) and their defense (on the field too much). This could lead to some breakdowns on their part in the 4th quarter. If we are within 9 points of them going into the 4th we should have a decent chance of pulling the game out.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lewisville, TX (Dallas)
    Posts
    1,244
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Part of the problem is in college you suit up 90+ players in the pros you only suit up 46 big difference and like you say they are not 18-22 years old they are 30+ year olds playing, Vick is 33 how long can he keep the pace up?

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Face down in a big ol' tire
    Posts
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 31

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    A little clock management goes a long way too.
    They could have used up a a lot of the last 4 minutes of that game,
    but stuck with the gameplan.
    Hopefully he hasn't learned from it yet.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,509
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 61

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    You make an interesting point. This fast-paced offense is hard on both their offense (they don't get a chance to catch their breath between plays) and their defense (on the field too much). This could lead to some breakdowns on their part in the 4th quarter. If we are within 9 points of them going into the 4th we should have a decent chance of pulling the game out.
    Yep. That's exactly the point Chiefs offensive Coordinator Doug Peterson was making when he said "You can't spend all day in a seven-step drop mode in the NFL. Being able to nickel and dime at times is good. If you're going to play fast, you need to be efficient. Sometimes you may have to sacrifice your vertical game here and there to stay efficient on the field and keep your defense on the sideline."

    Do you hear that, MMH?
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    MatthewsChiefs can't stand MatthewsChiefs

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,502
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 662
    Given: 822

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Yep. That's exactly the point Chiefs offensive Coordinator Doug Peterson was making when he said "You can't spend all day in a seven-step drop mode in the NFL. Being able to nickel and dime at times is good. If you're going to play fast, you need to be efficient. Sometimes you may have to sacrifice your vertical game here and there to stay efficient on the field and keep your defense on the sideline."

    Do you hear that, MMH?
    You know full well his hatred of Alex Smith has given him deaf ears to hearing anything positive about Alex. You can rest assured that there's a good cabal of people that call themselves Chiefs fans that want to see both Alex and Eric Fisher fail just so they can say things like "see, I told you so, we shouldn't have traded for Alex Smith and should've drafted a QB, instead of a Tackle".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Webnews: ‘I’ve got a big chip on my shoulder,’ says new Kansas Ci
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-04-2013, 02:07 AM
  2. Nick Foles/Chip Kelly
    By FranciscoD'anconia in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-23-2013, 12:11 AM
  3. My HC Endorsement:Chip Kelly
    By Dick Richards in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-29-2012, 08:58 AM
  4. My HC Endorsement:Chip Kelly
    By Dick Richards in forum Board Rules and FAQ
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2012, 03:39 AM
  5. Red Chip & Blue Chip Rankings; Some Love for a few Chiefs!
    By Jrudi in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-26-2011, 04:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •